Answered how to use @ without mentioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~SnowAngel~

~♥RadiantHeart♥~
Contributor
Mar 24, 2012
I'm trying to use @ as part of a password, but it's tagging someone. I tried turning off the automatic parse text and it still won't stop doing that. I have it in a code wrap, still doesn't do anything.
is there a way around this?

you could use my name as an example~

Last edited:
Why, thank you for bringing this up. The honest answer is no, you can't use @ directly followed by some more text without inadvertently mentioning the corresponding user (if a username happens to have the same string as the text that follows your @). Since not even the code and noparse BB codes can help circumvent it, I realise that this may prove problematic in some cases.

Therefore, I made a minor change:

From now on, you need to add a semicolon (;) after the usual @ and the username of the person you want to mention.

For example, if you want to mention me, you have to type
asdf.png
instead of @Ignis. Typing @Ignis won't mention me.

One known issue with this change: If you have both
asdf.png
and @Ignis in the same post, both may become mentions for me (I used an image for this example to get around it).

Feedback and questions are welcome - let me know if you like the change or prefer it reverted back to the previous setting (albeit with no way to get around inadvertent mentions).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so would that void all the mentions before the change?
would the ; appear in the mention? or just be hidden in the code?

Upvote 0
so would that void all the mentions before the change?
It shouldn't. The moment you post something that mentions someone, the mention is automatically converted from @ to [mention=userid]username[/mention]. In other words, once you post a post that mentions someone, whatever changes are made to the mention system shouldn't matter as long as the system is still in place.

would the ; appear in the mention? or just be hidden in the code?
It does appear, just like the @.

Upvote 0
[MENTION=87]Frankincense[/MENTION]; [MENTION=87]Frankincense[/MENTION] test test.. this should be fine. i mentioned ppl with @ before without even wanting to mention someone.

EDIT: okay @name really works, if @name_; was used before

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

walls. wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Would it be possible to upload?
RJ386792
RJ433328
RJ140657
RJ181779
ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01161948 RJ01154533 RJ01150027 RJ01161634 RJ01129899 RJ01129041 RJ01129001 RJ01108282 in mexa ? thx
svs wrote on Esan's profile.
Can u reload this link mesa ?
Haramase Taiken Gakushuu ~Shizen no Naka de Seikyouiku!?~
Djlolker wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi,Nihonjaki90.
Could you reup this https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/231014-しんでられ城-アームズブレス2.1410042/
Thank u so much!