Denied Removing the rule that allow bump by adding mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowerTradeWinds

Elite Member
Contributor
Sep 22, 2011
For users who already downloaded the file, adding mirror does not give any new content.

If there are problems with a certain host temporarily, the short duration of the delay does not warrant a bump (it will be in the same page anyway). If the host is down for a relatively long period, users would have download from other hosts instead of waiting.

For uploaders using junk filehosts as a mean to bump the thread, those filehosts isn't good enough for them to post them first-hand anyway.

Benefits to AS:
- Less junk posts clogging up the database, less cache updates.
- Less unnecessary page views thus less load to server

Benefit to users:
- No more looking at mirror bumped threads, only to know that there are no new content / useful information.

Benefit to uploaders:
- No more shedding download counts to the mirror filehost. If the uploader really wanted those download counts going to that filehost, he would have put the mirror in when he first posted.

Reactions: sunrise
Yeah right now it's so subtle that only few screen with very good contrast can see it (IPS, probably), TNs panel probably can't (laptop). I intend to make it a bit more obvious without annoying everyone. That's what I outlined.

The feature was introduced since July.

Upvote 0
i've read it when it was posted in july, but i thought they will implement it afterwards
i'm using a laptop that why i didn't notice it

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread