What "free to play" games have you tried?

Tried lotr online.nice atmosphere but boring if played for free due to the limitation in quests,gear etc.when you reach level 30 you must pay otherwise you are limited to some boring areas and limited to monster hunting.The known areas from the movies,pvp fights,and the interesting stuff must be paid for.
I also played scarlet blade for some time...because of..ok the girls.they claimed to be the first trule epic mmorpg for adults....nuts.boring game with annoying gameplay but at least some nice girls :)

Some people can go to hell with using this "free-to-play" line to sell their games.

Zen Pinball 2. Free to play on PSN. Not a single pinball table is open, all require money. It's "free to play" as in you can play the game for 60 seconds "free-of-charge". Bull, poop. That is a demo. That's not a free-to-play game. Scumbag Zen Studio is scumbag.

Last year I was hooked into this Zelda-inspired MMORPG Spiral Knights. At first I was turned off by the character design (they looked like chibi robots. I hate chibi robots) but then found out you can dress your character in animal costumes. It had one of those energy systems that restricted your gameplay per day unless you pay more. You can reach the endgame without shelling a single dollar, assuming you have the drive and the stomach for grinding. Lots of grinding!:angvoodoo:

It's really fun to play with friends though. Isn't gaming more fun when you do it with people you like hanging out with?

... Elsword is the current one I'm on at the moment. It's not exactly free to play but if you ignore all the possible chances of spending money and just stay on PvE. You'll enjoy it.

Personally I just... spend my first online purchase on this game which has ever happened in my entire online gaming career. Guess I finally found a game where I can have permanent pets where I can have some interaction with. Too bad the current patch in NA doesn't have fox pets... orz

So many I don't think I remenber all. I've played Trickster, Perfect World, Cabal, Ragnarok, League of Legends... I think the ones a played most were Ragnarok and League of Legends (this one I still play)

Path of Exile. Worth a shot and a Diablo killer all the way.

I'm actually trying out Ragnarok Online (the first one) again. I played it like 10+ years ago but then I saw it again on Steam and I had this overwhelming urge to play lol.

Drift City (my fav back in 2009, and it'd still be in that place if it were not for all the changes they've made to the game), Need for Speed world (got tired of hackers and stuff and decided to quit), Wow (good times), and Combat Arms back in 2008 which was kinda cool lol, I remember that my PC couldn't run CoD4 properly so I used to play CA to quench my thirst lol

gunz(I got addicted to this maybe year 2005)- I got fed up because of cheaters
o2jam(don't know if this counts but I really love this game, I played this maybe year 2006)-stopped at some point then I got addicted to DOTA
grand chase(i don't know what year exactly but I think it's either 2008 or 2009)-I stopped because this game actually became a game of MONEY..what I mean by a game of money is -->when there's a player who can buy weapons with real cash they'll surely be the powerful one's.. and I really hate that kind of games...all your hours spent on grinding on dungeons and quest will all be non-sense versus those who use cash for weapons...
and now I'm not playing any free to play games....

Aura Kingdom, not bad for a free 2 play anime mmo, it's crazy easy and the combat is fun, but I haven't gotten that far to say if I'll recommend it or not. Although I do have to say the player character models are very limited so you'll see a bunch of clones walking around or standing around which is pretty weird.

Probably Countless since my 5th grade i don't think i remember them though now. But if i remember correctly it was lots of Flash games that were available on didigames.com and devainart.

I have tried a few, but the best so far has been Path of Exile, it is a really good rpg game.

I've lost count of the amount I've played. I remember I use to make a list and try to find all the free to play games that existed so I could play them all when I was in my early teens.

The games that I have the fondest memories with were probably Aion (wasn't free to play at the time but now it is, so not sure if that counts?), Trickster Online, Runescape, Grand Chase, Adventure Quest, ZOMG, Maple Story and Pi Story.

Right now I'm addicted to playing SWTOR.

Star Trek: Timelines recently....Fuck that ! another F2P game to finally be an P2W game...

Blade and soul and Tera (it finished updating after two weeks... At last!... yeah i hate my ISP)
BTW Does any one have tried Riders of Icarus??
A friend of mine recommended it but I don't know if it worths the download ... with my bad Internet connection and all...

Users who are viewing this thread