Title: ラブピカルポッピー! Developer: SMEE Release Date: 26th April 2024 Age Rating: 18+ Length: ~20 Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Due to their father’s crippling debts Tetsuya and his younger sister Suzuka have lived a frugal life in a small apartment. However their lives suddenly change when their home is rendered uninhabitable following a fire. With no roof over their heads, no money or jobs to fall back on, and their only parent working in a different city they find themselves at a loss for where to go from here. Luckily, Suzuka manages to find a place to stay at one of her high school’s all-girl dorms. When Tetsuya goes along to talk to the head of the dorm, an eccentric old woman, she offers him a job looking after the students in...
It is once again the anniversay of this blog – it’ll be old enough to play eroge soon enough, haha. I hate being too emotional but thank you for taking the time out of your day to read the ramblings of an old crone who takes 2D characters much too seriously. I usually use these posts to talk about things that I’ve changed or updated on the blog over the past year but, for the first time in a while, there isn’t really anything. I’ve been enjoying keeping up with monthly releases and have found posting every 2 weeks or so to be most achievable for me. The mini-review format is definitely here to stay also, it’s just too convenient for fandiscs, low-price titles, or anything boring. I may get around to some housekeeping things I’ve had...
Title: アンラベル・トリガー Developer: Archive Release Date: 29th March 2024 Age Rating: 18+ Length: ~30 Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Just what are you willing to sacrifice for your ideals? Sakaki Kai is a young man currently living in the Frost Neutral Zone, an area located between three countries in a constant power struggle involving three races – Humes, Anima & Vamps. Due to the visual and physical differences between the three, racism and classism is rampant, even in Frost where there are people of all races residing. Kai is a jaded Hume who works at the Trigger Detective Agency as a Private Investigator and has been desperately searching for the whereabouts of his missing childhood friend Saina. On one fateful day, he is given...
Title: コイバナ恋愛 ミニファンディスク アフターフェスティバル Developer: Asa Project Release Date: 29th March 2024 Age Rating: 18+ Length: 5+ Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Koibana Renai was Asa Project’s 2023 release and was a game that had an interesting concept but failed quite a bit on its exectution, leaving a game with a strong common route yet boring heroine routes. The highlight for me in the original were the sub couples but this was also something not fully explored. Thus when the fandisk was announced for release earlier this year promising a bit of everything for a very reasonable mid-pricing I was skeptical but figured I may as well pre-order. Did this fandisk manage to give some conclusion to the original game? I should say here that the...
Title: はじめるセカイの理想論 -goodbye world index- Developer: Whirlpool Release Date: 22nd Feburary 2024 Age Rating: 18+ Length: ~20 Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Our protagonist Onomiya Shin awakens with a flash of light to find himself in a strange space speaking to a being calling themselves God. They explain to Shin that their world is under attack from a mysterious enemy and so this God has summoned heroes from across various worlds to help fight them. Shin is one of these heroes and is promised the right to shape the world with their own ideals should they succeed in their mission. In order to help, all heroes are also granted a special power from God, Shin accepts these conditions and chooses “Doubt” – the ability to see through...
Can you tell I’m behind on reviews if I’m talking about festive games during summer, haha. Anyways, this is a shorter installment of the mini-review series featuring only three titles – one good, two kinda okay. Without further delay let’s get into it! Amazing Grace -What color is your attribute?- Official Website / VNDB My Score: 7.5/10 Amazing Grace is the first title I have read from Fuyuakane Tom (冬茜 トム) – perhaps one of the most hyped eroge authors of the past few years. He’s more known for his other games with Cabbage Soft but it was Winter when I played this and I figured this game was thematically appropriate. Since this game was technically a collaborative effort between Tom and Shigeta, I can’t really comment on their...
Title: スタディ§ステディ Developer: Marmalade Release Date: 27th September 2019 Age Rating: 18+ Length: ~20 Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Thoughts Study Steady is a winter-themed moege where the protagonist moves to a new rural town, sound familiar? Jokes aside, Marmalade are a company that pride themselves on focusing on Moe & Ero, which I can respect. This was my first title from them so did it leave the right impression? They certainly had some ~fun~ options here. One thing I will say is that Study Steady is very ambitious in its implementation of shiny gimmicks, however I can’t really say that these really made the game better for their inclusion. The Live 2D sprites would be nice but I had just played the ONE. remake prior and...
Title: 妹と彼女 それぞれの選択 Developer: Waffle Release Date: 22nd December 2023 Age Rating: 18+ Length: 30+ Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Washizaki Kei has a problem. He has romantic feelings towards his younger sister Haruka but after an incident during the summer festival three years ago their relationship has turned icy. However, Kei still holds out for a way for him to get his happy ending – his “answer”, as you will. A way for him and Haruka to express their feelings and live in a society that accepts them. His years of fruitless efforts searching have made him depressed, numb to the world and he starts to lose all hope. Until one day his best friend drags him along to a host club one evening and he meets “her” – a young woman...
Title: ONE. Developer: Novamicus Release Date: 22nd December 2023 Age Rating: 15+ Length: ~15 Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Thoughts Like many people who enjoy visual novels, Key’s early releases were some of my first forrays into the genre. I have fond memories of titles like Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters & planetarian from well over a decade ago (damn I feel old…) and I still own the PC memorial editions of the above titles, which were amongst my first Japan-imported games. Therefore it should be no real surprise that when the remake of One~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~ – the 1998 title from Tactics made by the people who later founded Key – was announced that I immediately jumped at the opportunity to finally play this classic...
Another month, and another post of me desperately trying to clear my backlog of games that I still need to review. In this episode we have me finally getting through some games from the back end of 2023, with some genuinely solid titles (and one not so good one), as well as more fandiscs of course. But be warned, there’s potentially dangerous levels of sugary sweetness up ahead! Amairo Chocolata 3 Official Website / VNDB My Score: 8/10 We’ve finally made it to the end of the Amachoco series, this time the main feature being routes for Mitsuki + new character Kohana. I should probably state here that I don’t research the games I pre-order a lot if it’s a sequel to avoid spoilers so I was actually pleasantly surprised to find that...
Title: 彼方の人魚姫 Developer: Wonder Fool Release Date: 27th October 2023 Age Rating: 18+ Length: 15+ Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Namishima Itsuki lives in the sleepy coastal Tatsumiya village in rural southern Japan. The area is small, where everyone knows another but the region has become more touristy in recent years. Itsuki has spent his whole life in Tatsumiya, growing up with his small group of childhood friends. However, the accidental death of one of the girls in the group, Ayane, a decade ago still has a rippling effect on those who knew her in the present day. The story starts in the run up to summer vacation when a mysterious girl, Aina, transfers to Itsuki’s class. It quickly transpires that she’s a mermaid who has...
Title: それは舞い散る桜のように-Re:BIRTH- Developer: Navel Release Date: 29th September 2023 Age Rating: 18+ Length: 20+ Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Sakura Maito is a bit of a loner and since moving back to his hometown a year ago has made few connections. However, with the start of spring brings with it new meetings and bittersweet reunions, and Maito becomes aware of the girls around him – his popular classmate, a childhod friend chasing after him, his kind neighbour, the tomboy who sits next to him at school, and a childish senpai. As Maito gets closer to the girls, he begins to have strange dreams of a cherry blossom tree and some unique characters around it. Just what does the future hold in store for Maito? Thoughts The eroge...
I’m back with another assortment of short reviews, this time with a focus on shorter, more fanservice-heavy titles. Most of these games were fairly low-price but does that mean that they’re also low quality? Koi to H Shika Shiteinai! Official Site / VNDB My Score: 7/10 KoiH is the first title from Unisonshift in over 6 years, which is why I personally bought it. The story is typical eroge sillyness – the protagonist Kyuujin Shidou was an average young man until he finds out that he is the sole heir to a rich corporation. His first meeting with his long-lost grandfather is on his deathbed and grandpa has but a single request. In order for him to inherit the family business, he must find himself a suitable spouse. Luckily for Shidou...
Title: コイバナ恋愛 Developer: Asa Project Release Date: 29th September 2023 Age Rating: 18+ Length: 15+ Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB When it was announced that his all-boys high school would be closed down and merged with the local all-girls school, Haruka Kanata took this as his sign to finally get himself a girlfriend. However, his co-ed debut doesn’t quite end up as expected and instead of a school of pure-hearted maidens he finds himself in a class with girls who aren’t exactly excited about the merger. Only mildly deterred, Kanata plus his two friends who are also new transfers, set their sights on wooing their new classmates. Will the group manage to navigate the highs and lows of romance as beginners? Thoughts The Asa...
Title: ヨスガノソラ Developer: Sphere Release Date: 5th December 2008 Age Rating: 18+ Length: ~20 Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Following the sudden death of their parents, Kasugano Haruka decides to take his twin sister Sora and move back to his grandparents’ countryside home. The pair spent their childhood summers there but had not visited for many years as their grandparents had passed on. Despite the time that had passed, little had changed in the small countryside village they now called home – the scenery was quaint and the people friendly. Haruka reunites with his childhood friend Nao, and quickly accustoms himself with his new classmates when he transfers into the local high school. However, he can’t help but feel that he is...
Title: Purely ~その狭い青空を見上げて~ Developer: Rune Release Date: 28th August 2008 Age Rating: 18+ Length: 15+ Hours Links: VNDB Sumisaki Yuuya is an average high school student who lives in a small mountain town. His family owns a hotel in town and he quite often helps out part-time. While working one evening he goes to clean the communal baths at the hotel and meets a strange girl who seems to recognise him, although she calls him by the wrong name. It later transpires that her name is Tsumugi and she that had recently started working at the hotel also. Around this time he’s also invited to join the onsen club at school, as they’re in desperate need of new members. With friendships new and old being fostered over the coming weeks, just...
I was a bit surprised to look back at my list of games finished last year and realise it stood at 47 titles – this is by far my highest total and I can’t decide if it makes me proud or kinda sad, haha. 2023 was another rough year for me personally but I can at least say that I experienced some memorable games. One of my main missions for the year was to play more new titles and I really have been enjoying myself with those – it makes me super excited for the end of each month to arrive! As is tradition, it’s time to have a look back at some of the games I’ve played in a little awards format~ Favourite Opening Song Honourable Mentions: Da Capo 2 (Beautiful Flower), Kisaragi Goldstar, Kemonomichi ☆ Girlish Square, Akizora ni Mau...
It’s been a while since I’ve posted any reviews but in this post I have small write-ups for four games I played last year. There’s a mixture of good and okay, with me inadvertantly listing the games from best to worst in my opinion. Thanks for reading! D.C. II ~Da Capo II~ To You Official Site / VNDB My Score: 8/10 Da Capo 2 To You is a collection of four side stories from the DC2 universe, these are: Ajisai – The story of the early days when Yoshiyuki first joins the Asakura family, and how he got to know Otome and Yume’s mother Yuki. Setsugekka – A look at how the infamous trio formed (Koko, Anzu & Akane), as well as how Yoshiyuki got to know Suginami and Wataru during the lead up to that fateful sports day. Mahiru ni Furu Ame...
Title: リアル妹がいる大泉くんのばあい Developer: ALcot Honeycomb Release Date: 28th May 2010 Age Rating: 18+ Length: ~10 Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Ooizumi Ryou is your typical imouto-loving otaku – he and his friend Akira regularly meet up to buy and discuss eroge and talk about their favourite 2D imoutos. The irony is that Ryou has a real-life younger sister Shiori with whom he has a strained relationship so he escapes his harsh reality by embracing the kind, perfect imoutos in games. The imouto character in his current game, Mai, is his new favourite – she’s sweet and caring, despite the game being a kusoge because she has no route! Ryou finds himself despreately replaying the game until he finds some hidden choices, that let him spend...
Title: 俺の瞳で丸裸!不可知な未来と視透かす運命 Developer: Hulotte Release Date: 28th July 2023 Age Rating: 18+ Length: 15+ Hours Links: Official Site, VNDB When he was a child, Kuze Shinra and his five friends all decided to venture into a nearby forest in search of the witch whom supposedly lived there. Surprisingly, they come across a strange cottage deep within the woods and are greeted by the self-proclaimed witch who allows them all to take home one of her magical artifacts as a reward for their adventure. However, Shinra refuses a gift and boldly asks to become the Witch’s apprentice. She laughs and agrees to make him her “slave”. A decade later and the events of that day are but a distant memory for Shinra’s friends – the group now attend...
Title: 友だちから恋びとへ Developer: Azarashi Soft Release Date: 28th January 2022 Age Rating: 18+ Length: 5+ Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Michinaga Yoshiki is a young man working for the game company Nozarashi Soft. He’s been tasked with heading up one of their new projects and is worried about it due to a past failure. In order to give him some ideas, his boss sends him to a speed dating event. Whilst there he meets two women who he befriends due to them also having involvement in the game industry: Susukawa Mizore, a serious young woman who works as a writer on a local news site. She also works as a freelance scenario writer when she can. Amakusa Hisagi – an outgoing and cheerful girl who playfully teases Yoshiki. She works part...
Title: アオナツライン Developer: Giga Release Date: 29th March 2019 Age Rating: 18+ Length: 15+ Hours Links: VNDB Oikawa Tatsumi is your average student who spends his days peacefully with his childhood friends Miki & Chihiro. The three of them have been fielding ideas for their final summer vacation before they have to focus on studies, etc. Out of the blue one day, a recent transfer student Yui calls out to Tatsumi and asks that he meets her on the school rooftop after school. Thinking that it’s a romantic confession, he heads up but Yui asks to join his friends for their summer plans. Add into this a kouhai Kotone who later ends up joining suddenly the group of three has changed drastically. Dealing with these shifting relations and...
Title: 遥か碧の花嫁に Developer: Lump of Sugar Release Date: 28th July 2023 Age Rating: 18+ Length: 15+ Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB At the start of summer vacation, Haruki gets into an incident where he finds himself drowning in a stormy ocean. Thinking its the end, he loses conciousness as he fails to save himself. He awakes to find himself in a strange, and very fancy bedroom. Shortly afterwards, a woman dressed in a maid dress comes to see him and tells him that he was rescued and brought to the City of Atalancia – which just happens to be 5000 metres under the sea. The city is inhabited by a race of humans who had evolved to retain more animalistic features – such as increased physical capabilities to land-dwellers but also...
Title: ラブラブル~Lover Able~ Developer: Smee Release Date: 25th Feburary 2011 Age Rating: 18+ Length: 15+ Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB After their parents decided to work overseas, Aizawa Haruki and his younger sister Kaho move towns to be under the care of their uncle. As part of the agreement, the pair agree to work part-time at the beachside cafe he owns – called Fruitia. As he settles into his new surroundings, Haruki meets various girls – the fellow transfer student Chinatsu, shy kouhai Tsugumi, kind classmate Satsuki, hard-working older co-worker Nanako, and of course his beloved imouto Kaho who now shares a room with him. A sweet summer romance now begins! Thoughts Given my preference for cute and fluffy romance games...
Title: ましろ色シンフォニー SANA EDITION Developer: Palette Release Date: 23rd June 2023 Age Rating: 18+ Length: ~10 Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Thoughts If you’ve ever had the pleasure of playing the original Mashifoni (which you should do, it’s a wonderful romance game) then you will understand the pain of the charismatic side character Sana not having a route. It may have taken them over a decade but Palette finally came to their senses and attoned for their sins – releasing the stand alone Sana Edition of the game which backports her route from the PSP version, adds Live 2D animated H scenes and some extra scenario/CGs in Izumi Tsubasu’s gorgeous updated artstyle. Was this the game fans have dreamed of? I know there were some...
Title: アマカノ2+ Developer: Azarashi Soft Release Date: 28th April 2023 Age Rating: 18+ Length: 20+ Hours Links: Official Website, VNDB Thoughts The Amakano series is one of my personal favourites due to the fluffy romance, lovable heroines and overall relaxing experience playing them. As much as I enjoy a good story to sink my teeth into, sometimes you want to turn your brain off and play something a little lighter. Azarashi Soft games scratch that itch for me so I was super excited for the Amakano 2 fandisc, especially given the fandiscs for the two previous games had been of extremely high quality. So did this manage to live up to my high expectations? I should probably say that this game is meant to be enjoyed by players of the...
It’s that time of year again where I marvel at the fact that this blog has survived for yet another twelve months. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to visit and interact with the site over the past year! Recently I’ve been making more of an effort to play new releases – this has been something that I’ve really enjoyed so plan to continue this. Ironically, this month is the first in a long time I haven’t pre-ordered anything but the next few months look pretty good. This doesn’t mean to say that I’m ignoring my backlog – if anything I’m more motivated than ever to clear some titles off of it and have played quite a few games this year alone. I’m definitely preferring PC titles to console these days but maybe I’ll be drawn...
It’s been a couple of months but I figured it was time to bring back this series as 2023 seems to be the year of fandiscs for me. In this post we have a mix of older and newer titles, and even something that isn’t a fandisc! Rurizakura -The Story of Defined Life- Official Site / VNDB My Score: 6/10 Rurizakura is an all-ages kinetic novel released as a collaborative project between Lump of Sugar and Smile. Interestingly, it seems the game was first released on Steam by the company “Candy Violet” (I wonder who that could be a pseudonym for *cough*) with both Japanese and Chinese langauge options. The version I bought was the Japanese-only re-release which came with the soundtrack. It’s a pretty short game and will probably only take a...

Users who are viewing this forum

Latest profile posts

brokenLkey wrote on Shine's profile.
new update on RJ01194424, thanks
nomadbro wrote on Shine's profile.
RJ01104619+DLCplz reup this, thanks
GuRu wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
これ
再アップお願いできますか?いつもありがとう
darkj0 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hello, can you please update this one? RJ01234253

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/240810-銀の林檎-イビルリクルート2~ヒーローなんて屁でもない~-rj01234253.1542298/

This was updated to ver1.01, which added English translation by the developer:

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01234253.html