Anime Series That Really Need A Sequel!

Leggy

Veteran Member
Elite Member
Oct 17, 2012
There are several good anime series that ended without finishing the story. I'm talking about series that have no sequel currently planned, but really deserve one!

Which ones do you think of?

To my knowledge, no sequels are planned for the following, but they really need one:

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou - Demon King Daimao

Usagi Drop

Rosario to Vampire & Capu2

Spice & Wolf & SW2

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Hmm.... Those list definitely need a sequel.... Should list a few more.....

-Accel Worlds

Hmm... I need to look up some....

/me went to look at a list....

Hmm, probably Canaan even though I was still content with its ending even if it was a cliff hanger.

Did Accel World really not have a season 2 planned? That was seriously the worst cliff hanger ending since Zero no Tsukaima season 3 (Which after years got a final season). D:

/me hates waiting on torrent of SAO 17 to finish...

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 3 guests)

Evangelionheart

I feel like I need to do Franks job here by killing them lurkers~ :evillaugh:
/me releases nerve gas~

• Ah! My Goddess
  • Air Gear
  • Amaenaideyo
  • Baccano!
  • Bamboo Blade
  • Beet The Vandel Buster
  • Berserk
  • Black Blood Brothers
  • Black Lagoon
  • C3 – Cube x Cursed x Curious
  • Campione!
  • Chrome Shelled Regios
  • D Gray Man
  • Desert Punk
  • Ga-Rei Zero
  • Gantz
  • Get Backers
  • Hidan no Aria
  • Highschool of the Dead
  • Infinite Stratos
  • Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi
  • Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple

I'll leave it at that.... I could name a lot more....

[MENTION=23111]Slayn312[/MENTION] Ahhh yes, Campione! Of course, it just recently ended, so who knows.

I just thought of Elfen Lied! Unfortunately, they diverged from the manga, since it was made about halfway through the manga, especially in the ending.

Perhaps a total reboot of Elfen Lied, more in keeping with the complete manga would be better. They could get several seasons out of a manga faithful anime.

Hmm elfin lied... i would just say continue off where they diverged ;p The anime was decently faithful until the last few episodes...

Juuni Kooku

Guin Saga, the author died ;_;

Another season of Saiunkoku Monogatari.

Full Metal Panic, I don't mind if they just skip to the last two novels.

Maria-sama Ga Miteru, I want to see Yumi as Rosa Chinensis.

Chrome Shelled Regios, The novel author died but at least give the anime series a more fitting ending.

Baccano! and Durarara!!, especially Baccano! (I still need my dose of immortale mafia).

Also Accel Worlds.

Hmm Doraemon never got a decent ending cuz the author died... Needs to redo that and make it somewhat more... happy...

I thought Japan still making new episodes of Doraemon, and the manga were still printed authored by the original author's disciples.

Another season of R-15 would be good for a giggle! ;)

Cube×Cursed×Curious Season 2
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Season 3
Sora No Otoshimono Season 3

Kyoukai senjou no Horizon 3. season...~

And some animes more...~

Yes! Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka!

I was disappointed that they didn't pull through with a season 2 of High School of the Dead so there should be that.

I wanted a new season of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, simply because I loved the characters. It has a potential to continue but might ruin the epicness...

Yes! Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka!

I was disappointed that they didn't pull through with a season 2 of High School of the Dead so there should be that.

I wanted a new season of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, simply because I loved the characters. It has a potential to continue but might ruin the epicness...

agreed, there will be a third season for Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka, i believe, but it still remain unknown. but just by looking from the end of the 2nd season of the series we've already know that the 3rd season plot maybe there's going to be a war between chris and dai-sensei, i'm not really good at guessing plot though, maybe it'll happen muahaha :runhappy:

I really liked stein's gate; and i'm always wondering what happened in the future and stuff like that. So i think this anime needs a sequel too. Sankarea was incomplete, densetsu no yuusha no densetsu had an bad last episode. So i think they need a season2 to clear things up.

agreed, there will be a third season for Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka, i believe, but it still remain unknown. but just by looking from the end of the 2nd season of the series we've already know that the 3rd season plot maybe there's going to be a war between chris and dai-sensei, i'm not really good at guessing plot though, maybe it'll happen muahaha :runhappy:

they did hint in the last OVA that they do intend to push through with a third season. they're maybe just waiting for enough material or rather waiting for the right time to release it.

on the plot, I don't think there would be an all out war. after all Chris doesn't have enough subordinates. well not yet. judging by how it ended, there will definitely be a wicked confrontation between the two. I also foresee an increase in vampire ninja activity. :goodtea:

shimatta. how could I forget? Hyouka definitely needs a second season. Eru and Oreki's relationship needs to move forward. :enraged:

yes... maybe more loli characters are coming in the third season as you can see at the end of the last episode in the season 2..
but i think Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka was more about comedy and ecchi stuff action, and i like that :blushhappy:

you're a disciple of pedobear aren't you? XD

yeah, the anime focused on the comedy and ecchi, but the characters had/have a lot of potential to be a serious anime. I mean mahou shoujos and vampire ninjas dressed in maid costumes? :bliss:

The World God Only Knows season 3

The end of season 2 strongly implied there would be a season 3, but it seems that none is planned.

I wish that they would animate more of Lucky Star (seeing as how the manga is still going)...

I also agree with Claymore (except scrap the last few episodes and re-do them to be true to the manga) and then continue with the story..

Same goes for Air Gear (what a horrible place to end.. I'd love to see more)

I want to see Durarara! Season 2.I have read the novel and it's continued story is soooo fascinating!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this?

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01115814.html

Thanks!
vnimlove wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Can you fulfill this request? - *click*
vnimlove wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you fulfill this request? - *click*
vnimlove wrote on Otokonoko's profile.