Answered Dark style for the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redorc

Having a good time (^ ^)
Elite Member
Jan 28, 2012
Hello,

Before everything else, sorry if the question was asked before, or if it's not the good section :(

Well I was just wondering if it was possible to have a dark style added to the forum, because white tends to hurt eyes when you browse for a long time...
Thanks in advance for any answer! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: enocavermarc
It is possible to have a dark theme, yes. As briefly explained in our guide, the skin is alterable, and we still have plans for other changes in the foreseeable future. We have yet to decide what the next skin alteration will look like, however, and unfortunately it's going to take quite a while since we have severely limited manpower. For now, we thank you for your suggestion, but cannot yet promise the realisation thereof in the near future.

Upvote 0
It is possible to have a dark theme, yes. As briefly explained in our guide, the skin is alterable, and we still have plans for other changes in the foreseeable future. We have yet to decide what the next skin alteration will look like, however, and unfortunately it's going to take quite a while since we have severely limited manpower. For now, we thank you for your suggestion, but cannot yet promise the realisation thereof in the near future.
Thanks for the fast answer, and keep up the good work ;)

Upvote 0
I just want to add something. A challenge for a dark skin is that not all elements are tuned for dark theme. For example, most smiley are suitable against bright theme, most member signature are also suitable for bright theme. In the near future, our redesign awards, icons, and other factors are also will be for brighter theme.

It is unfortunately impossible to change the elements I mentioned above just for a darker theme. In my opinion, a dark theme will turns out as wreckage as those bright elements will break it completely. It is almost impossible for us to offer two choice between dark and bright.

because white tends to hurt eyes when you browse for a long time

Looks like you didn't tune your monitor brightness to environment condition. For example, in a dark design room, my monitors brightness are only 90 cd/m2. On a path-lit room (lights are for navigation only, not reading), my monitors brightness are 110 cd/m2 (designer standard). Rule of thumb is: the darker your room: the weaker the brightness should be.

Edit: thread reopened.

Upvote 0
I just want to add something. A challenge for a dark skin is that not all elements are tuned for dark theme. For example, most smiley are suitable against bright theme, most member signature are also suitable for bright theme. In the near future, our redesign awards, icons, and other factors are also will be for brighter theme.

It is unfortunately impossible to change the elements I mentioned above just for a darker theme. In my opinion, a dark theme will turns out as wreckage as those bright elements will break it completely. It is almost impossible for us to offer two choice between dark and bright.
Even something "beta" and "as is" would be better than nothing IMO ;)
Note: Just to clarify, I'm not talking about a pure black theme, a grey/toned down blue would be largely sufficient!

Looks like you didn't tune your monitor brightness to environment condition. For example, in a dark design room, my monitors brightness are only 90 cd/m2. On a path-lit room (lights are for navigation only, not reading), my monitors brightness are 110 cd/m2 (designer standard). Rule of thumb is: the darker your room: the weaker the brightness should be.
Yes I know, and my brightness is already at the minimum (I even tweaked the software control panel to deliver less light), but even with that, too much white is too much.

Well, if it's not possible then, that's life :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for interrupt, but can you please update this game? Thanks in advance.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240928-すにぃる-abyssal-corruption-rj01234893.1552783/
Puxli wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hey! Could you re-upload RJ298049 and RJ362239 mp3 files?

Appreciate it, thanks!
sikany wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi could you please upload a new update file for RJ01227025?
olfi wrote on xenolin's profile.
Thank you for the last time. I'm sorry to ask again, but can I make a new request? I'd like to make the ``H-scese video'' of 真・恋姫†英雄譚-series&真・恋姫†夢想-革命-series.
Jelly-filled Donut wrote on Shine's profile.
Shine, do you have the update for this? It has additional content and bug fixes. Please and thanks.
まものす to v24.08.25 (Ver1.20)