Hello, folks from the four corners of the Blue Planet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamil

Aug 15, 2012
I am a great admirer of Japanese culture (and Asian in general). However, the Japanese culture is difficult to be penetrated by the Westerners eyes, but this should not prevent us from improving our knowledge, and enriching us as human beings. The Asian cultures give us very different philosophies of life, and therefore I think we should travel, read books, and see movies to/from this part of the planet.

I'm somehow new to this genre, but I've seen a few anime movies (e.g. "Paprika", "Akira", "Nausicaa", "Ghost in the Shell", "Gantz"), and I found them more interesting and profound than a lot of mainstream movies (mostly Hollywood-like).

Incidentally (or maybe not), I found this site, and I decided to join this community, hoping I'll find more interesting things and people to share with.

A great respect to all generous people!

H.

Welcome to Anime Sharing, hamil~!
Enjoy your stay and have fun.

Akira is a rather 'violent' movie.

Reactions: hamil
hi~ I hope you like it here. I'm interested in Asian culture too, but I'm not that motivated to learn alot about them yet. Do you think you might visit japan one day?

Welcome to AS hamil~

Hmm anime and western movies have different goals besides just selling as much as possible... more questioning it seems to me... both have aspects where theyre more free and more restricted though...

Drop by the spam/games if your free time~

welcome to AS~

lol hmm there are many cultures~

nice to meet you~

drop by the spam section if you'd like~

have fun and enjoy this forum^^

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

(Should I answer each one, separately and punctually?
Well, maybe I will...)

Welcome to As Hamil :) check out the picture corner when ever you want and i hope you enjoy your stay

Akira is a rather 'violent' movie.

I agree about Akira. It was just an example of what I saw.
However, if you found something interesting and/or intriguing, doesn't mean necessary you agree with. What matters is that makes you think, feel or have an attitude.

Do you think you might visit japan one day?

I hope so... one day...
Unfortunately, I missed some occasions so far.
Of course, not because of me. You know, it's always someone else's fault. :)

I am somewhat familiar with Japanese culture, but only from distance (artworks, books, music, movies etc.).

Last edited:
I will appreciate if you'll give me any useful tips/advices/suggestions/recommendations.
Thanks in advance!

Welcome into the full Nippon-culture area of AS., hamil!

Have lot fun here and search your chance.

hellos hamil....welcome to AS forum....yeah..let's preserve japanese culture together man:thumbup:

enjoy your stay:dthumbup:

Welcome to ASF hamil.. ew.. in indonesian (hamil = pregnant) XD
Anyway, drop by games n spam section if you have a time.
Nice to meet you :3

hmmm.... i live in pluto, but, welcome! please have a good stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread