Looking for good RTS (Real Time Strategy) Games

T-ELOS

久慈川 りせ
Elite Member
Jan 16, 2013
I'm wondering if anyone knows any good RTS (Real Time Strategy) Games that you can recommend me. I have every Command & Conquer game, and just started playing World in Conflict. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
[MENTION=87]Frankincense[/MENTION]; [MENTION=38786]Hinode[/MENTION]; [MENTION=55154]Shinseph[/MENTION]; [MENTION=9628]Arylin[/MENTION]; [MENTION=73007]Langesha[/MENTION];

Last edited:
Reactions: dtiedieg
I can only recommend some old games, which are mostly out of stock. If you don't mind *cough*pirating*cough*. Also, I think I don't need to mention big names like Starcraft or AoE.

Z - ( The name's pretty hard to google for; try googling Z+Bitmap+Brothers). The game involves no base building or resource management. You have to capture factories/hardwares scattered around the map. My all-time favorite.
KKnD - If you like C&C, you'd probably also like it; it's very similar. I can almost say it's a clone.
The Settlers - The games in the series focus more on city building. I've played only The Settlers 3. It requires some serious micromanagement.
Homeworld - Space RTS with unique 3D gameplay, and a compelling story, which made me cry. :,(
Stronghold - Medieval RTS that focuses on siege warfare. You build a stronghold and fend off enemy's soldiers and siege engines. The first Stronghold is nice. I've never played the sequels but I heard they weren't as good.
Rise of Nations - Pretty much Civilization in the form of RTS, and CIV is an epic game. ; )

I've never played Supreme Commander, Warhammer series, or Total War series, but they might be worth a try.

Since 2000s onward I've stopped paying attention to mainstream and turned to indie instead, so I don't know much about today's mainstream RTS. Actually I haven't played many indie RTS games either. For a good indie tactical RTS, try Atom Zombie Smasher. And If you also consider tower defense as RTS then try Plants vs Zombies or Revenge of the Titans.

Just play DOTA 2 with me, [MENTION=79737]cram[/MENTION]; and [MENTION=26209]kami-onii-chan[/MENTION];

And yeah, total war is a good franchise.

Oh, the above post made me remember something! If you want to try out The Settlers and maybe the Anno series as well (city building, almost no fighting but it very entertaining) then you can take a look at the online versions of both games:

http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en
http://us.anno-online.com/en

I played settlers online for several months, it gets boring after freeing the whole island but that takes enough time.
As for anno online, I didn't get to it yet but a lot of my friends play it since the beta and like it a lot.

I love the Anno games but always ended up on the wrong island. If you chose one without the basic materials to farm close by the landing point, it can get pretty hard. Oh that salt!

Anno is a good choice. Anno 2070 is on sale right now. Since the others seem to be including TBS you can't go wrong with Civilization or Total War. I can't get away without saying Starcraft. But, that's just me.

Street Wars : Constructor Underworld/Mob Rule, and its predecessor, Constructor - older-than-dirt and not everyone may have heard of them...

...I've forsaken RTS for quite a while (the last one played was Starcraft 2) so I can't say anything more. Can't go wrong with Starcraft, actually.

I was looking for the original StarCraft, not StarCraft 2 :(

I suppose you can look around for Starcraft Battle Chest - that one's original Starcraft plus Brood War...

Warcraft 3 is amazing,it´s even playable today and the frozen throne is one of the best addons ever ! Supreme Commander is one of my all time fav rts .just try to take a look at a gameplay vid on youtube ! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

GIAN wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Always thanks! Could you re-upload this, please?
メモリーズオフ-Innocent Fille-
AnonyMaus_VIII wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Do you still have RJ320029, and RJ323078 ? A re-upload to Mexa would be greatly appreciated.
ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01137631 RJ01137234 RJ01137625 RJ01137638 RJ01155013 RJ01154822 in mexa ? thx
ek9r wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Strawberry Nauts ‐ストロベリーノーツ‐ Full HD Memorial PlusHello. Is it possible to publish this new work? Since none of you have listed it yet.