MexaShare Virus Problem

Traurigkeit

Sep 10, 2024
For some reason, my antivirus, specifically Windows Defender, is flagging the site and sending notifications with the message: "Detected: ScrInject.RAAA!MTB." Has the site really become infected with viruses, or is this problem only happening to me? My browser is also flagging the site.

try putting the url into virustotal and see more results?

try putting the url into virustotal and see more results?
Virustotal returned a suspicious result from Quttera, but everything else is clean.

1725975722947.png

Hi,

The "ScrInject.RAAA!MTB" detection by Windows Defender typically indicates a potential script injection threat on the site. First, make sure Windows Defender and your browser are fully updated. Clear your browser cache and cookies, as sometimes old data can trigger false positives. If the issue persists across different browsers or devices, the site could indeed be compromised. In that case, avoid visiting the site until the administrators resolve the issue. Contact the website's support team to report the problem and seek confirmation.

Thanks

According to Norton, the Waisheph website (PUP) try to establish connection. It's a pop-up scam prompting to "allow" notifications or enable push notifications.

So I don't think the site is compromised, they "only" allow/display shady ads.

Reactions: Jelly-filled Donut

Users who are viewing this thread