New member here, nice to meet you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidoriAmatoya

Trusted Member
Jan 26, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm a new member member here starting from today. I'm a 32 year old electrical engineer who lives in Kazakhstan, my name is Olga, but I can be also called by my username Midori here. I've been playing games since my early childhood. I didn't have any preference in terms of genre for a long time, I could enjoy playing strategies, RPG games, shooters, racing games and etc equally, that was until several years ago when I took a liking in the horror genre after playing Silent Hill. After that I completed every decent western horror game I could find and eventually, when I couldn't find any interesting game any more, I stumbled upon Corpse Party. First of all, I have to explain that it's very unlikely to come across any mention of a Japanese game on a Russian game forum, unless it's world-famous and translated to Russian, so I could find a game like Corpse Party only thanks to watching foreign letsplay videos. Even with my huge experience of playing horror games it still shocked me because of the number of graphic, extremely descriptive scenes and its atmosphere of despair and hopelessness as a whole. However, I totally fell in love with the characters. With their complex personality, solid backstory, specific only for them reactions, and thanks to the great voice acting, they felt alive. After completing the game I started searching for something similar and that's when my fascination with the visual novels started. As of now, after Amnesia Memories, Diabolik Lovers and Hakuouki I mostly play otome games. I find it really great that they contain not only romance, but also a fantastic plot and characters. Thanks to this hobby I even started learning Japanese, as majority of visual novels aren't translated into English or Russian. Can't say I can speak Japanese yet (複雑ではない限り日本語しゃべれますが、沢山間違いをします。多分。), however, as long as my knowledge is enough for playing with the help of VNR and understanding almost everything, I'm happy.
I found this forum when I was searching for an otome game and, I got to say, I was surprised to come across such a big, united community. It's really nice to meet so many people with a common interest. これからよろしくお願いします。

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Rhyme star wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Could you please re-upload this game on Mexafile? Anything other than Rapidgator is fine for me. Thanks in advance.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/171222-あざらしそふと-アマカノ-~second-season~-+.1119631/
walls. wrote on Shine's profile.
reupload please RJ222193