[Request] For offical patches to install, please limit folder dumps to games that can be patched without prior game installation.

tadams587

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2014
Please upload game's installer, when game's official patches require game installation prior for the patch to install within the game's folder.

I keep finding game uploads that have the game's 1.0 file folder dumped from a User's PC folder that they installed the game in, rather than the game's installer.

Oddly enough, specifically I'm finding more & more game folder dumps; when when an official patch is availible the game would first require addiitional file and/or registry entries that need to be created using installing the 1.0 installer prior. otherwise, the official patch will not run.

Do uploaders not know that including the patch installer is redunadant as no official patches will run without the actual game installed first; cause it seems like they don't as they often include a patch or two without testing if it works with a copyied game folder.

please, include the game installer and/or the game's iso file, rather than a folder dump if your not going to check. we all be busy at times, so I get that we would rather swiftly compress, and then upload. Even if you copy a game's folder after it is patched, if another patch is ever released the downloader cannot use the newer patch.

thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread