Murakumo

百合旅人
Elite Member
Jan 1, 2013
From several years of watching and reading JPN anime/manga/lightnovels I've felt that the love story-related genres tend to have somewhat predictable "protagonist+heroine ending pairings" that are strongly detectable early in the series' plot. (Forexample: ShakuganNoShana<theprotagonist and the title character> or Kampfer).

Are there any love stories that are not as predictable to this love story pattern that someone can reccomend?<all medias are great>

(I actually wanted to post this in a LightNovel section, but since there isn't one...)

Are there any love stories that are not as predictable to this love story pattern that someone can reccomend?<all medias are great>
(I actually wanted to post this in a LightNovel section, but since there isn't one...)

You could of posted it in the Animation section or even the manga section for better responses about this topic. So honestly ask the moderators to move it to the section of appropriate choice and it will garner better reply than here.

For complete twist if you haven't watched it yet. The animation called School Days will most likely fit your bill.

Putting that aside, honestly you can also go for the animation called Shuffle as it seems like it goes that way but it doesn't for those that are slow on the pick up.

Honestly speaking, I know a lot of animations that leaves the audience to decide the pairings if there's no light novel that comes with it unfortunately. Even more so with some Light Novels that I have read recently. Or they go into the harem path. Either way, you don't seem interested in with things that is predicable. Have you ever thought of reading a visual novel that is in Japanese? It will give you choices to pick your own ending.

Finally there's some animation where simply there's no match up in relationships due to certain events. And if you're not into that, you're limited in many ways. Romantic animations that has unpredictable match up in relationships are far and few.

In the end, more cases than not, it's predictable to keep the majority of the audience reading. It's a sad fact.

/Off-Topic/ Nice Council Celine image you have there. /Off-Topic/

School Days anime ( if you can predict this one, i suggest you go see a doctor):redcard:

Code Geass anime

Kokoro Connect anime

True tears anime

Unubore Deka J-drama

Love Shuffle J-drama (epic movie is epic)

Hourou Musuko manga

Hatsukoi Limited manga

Moteki ! manga (this one also has a J-darama version)

Molester Man (doujin)
Onani Master Kurosawa (doujin)

Ichigo 100% manga

The World God Only Knows manga

Minamoto kun no monogatari manga (is this even romance? is this even romance? it look more like a fanservice boderline hentai to me, at least it didn't pretend to have a story like To love ru)

I only listed a few , but you've been watching/reading for years, probably already read most if not all

that said, about the predictibility of love stories... most of them are just "not meant to be unpredictable"..you know. They're not looking to surprise you, or selling "twist", they're selling the events between chosen characters. It just the way it is, especially given the shounen/romance genre.
Not that it bad, if what they sell is entertaining enough (my own opinion is that Shakugan no Shana sucked bad)
The titles above includes both seinen and shounen , take your pick, you might like them:runhappy:

Last edited:
School Days freaked me out at the end that she cut the dead's head and having it with her... even it take the head to a trip with her at the end... God Save us... :lol: :XD:

School Days freaked me out at the end that she cut the dead's head and having it with her... even it take the head to a trip with her at the end... God Save us... :lol: :XD:

^ and you just go and spoil the ending like that
well played:hapjudge:

Romance where the twist is who the character ends up choosing is generally very difficult to manage, as the entire point of the genre is regarding a relationship, and the reader would have little to no emotional investment in the "random love interest that showed up half way through the series", the best you can hope for honestly is a polygon-relationship (triangle love-affair and upwards.)

That being said, I agree with HatoriTakaya, Visual Novels will put the choice in your hands, so whilst it won't allow for a great deal of many surprises regarding the relationship itself (as you're generally actively pursuing a love interest) it will allow for diversity within the same character cast.

Hmm... i thought guilty crown when reading this x3 But im not sure its what youre looking for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Erik7777 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Would you upload RJ01167156? thx
geometry622 wrote on UFO's profile.
Heya, Would it be possible for you to upload https://fantia.jp/posts/2987578 ?
Thank you
Kateni wrote on Shine's profile.
Jelly-filled Donut wrote on zhonyk's profile.
May I humbly ask for a reupload of this? The links are dead
香慈と裏ノ世界
Jelly-filled Donut wrote on caminante654's profile.
Excuse me, may I humbly request you to reupload the dead links of this title?
さくらちゃん はじめてのおるすばん