Would you press the button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenoceandrop

Elite Member
Nov 15, 2011
Imagine you're the president of the united states in the cold war era and the soviets launched all ICBMs they have and the atomic rockets will hit your country in less then 15 minutes.

All generals and commandoes awaiting now that you press the red button to unlock the American ICBM arsenal.

Would you press the red button, knowing that it would kill millions and millions of people? Or would you not press the red button and let the enemy kill your people without a counter strike?

Hmm i wonder if 15 is enough to evacuate the large cities.... If there was a way to sorta blast them out of the sky before anything happens that would be nice... Do everything possible except for hitting the button until the end...

both options extremely suck...i wouldnt want to choose either one, but id probably lean towards pushing it. 15 min arent enough to safely evacuate anything. they had no means of defending against those missiles. killing is unacceptable, but letting yourself die isnt really good solution as well...
...if the soviets launched their missiles, they probably expected to have missiles sent their way as well...--> thats why it never happened....

15 minutes, or 5 minutes, doesn't matter to me.
There ALWAYS time to save lives, no matter how small the number of survivors.
Better chances for the citizens to survive if they prepare for it, rather than not knowing it coming.

And I'm still gonna press it. Sure the enemy prepare for it, but that doesn't mean that their cities and military installations gonna be spare. My principal, fight to the last.
When the enemy hurt, they're going to slow down their offensive move, coz their cities, which got factories to built all those military equipments are gone. Mean enough time for my forces to regroup and strike them back.
That's how I play my chess game. If I knew I'm gonna lost, I take as many of my opponent's pieces with me. Sometimes it work on my behalf, like what happened to my friend when he became panic after seeing my kamikaze moves, and he end up losing.

By not pushing the button, mean that you already accept defeat.

knowing that millions of people will die i'll save the people i can and press the button :(too sad millions will die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

walls. wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Would it be possible to upload?
RJ386792
RJ433328
RJ140657
RJ181779
ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01161948 RJ01154533 RJ01150027 RJ01161634 RJ01129899 RJ01129041 RJ01129001 RJ01108282 in mexa ? thx
svs wrote on Esan's profile.
Can u reload this link mesa ?
Haramase Taiken Gakushuu ~Shizen no Naka de Seikyouiku!?~
Djlolker wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi,Nihonjaki90.
Could you reup this https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/231014-しんでられ城-アームズブレス2.1410042/
Thank u so much!