[Discussions] SOTM#13 - August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think perhap a stock restrict is ok but if you restrict to only 1 character then people with no reserve stock or no interest in the character will bail, and that's not something everybody want
Eg: if you think of sign with only "magical girl" then that's fine, but if restrict it directly to sign with "Akemi Homura", then maybe someone will say:"I don't like her, so i'm not gonna join in" or some stuff like that

@ Decalcomania - cook off? that'll be interesting i wouldn't know where to start with that one XD

Well, I think perhap a stock restrict is ok but if you restrict to only 1 character then people with no reserve stock or no interest in the character will bail, and that's not something everybody want
Eg: if you think of sign with only "magical girl" then that's fine, but if restrict it directly to sign with "Akemi Homura", then maybe someone will say:"I don't like her, so i'm not gonna join in" or some stuff like that
a set stock is only to bring out someone's creativity with what resources they have. as it would be posted in the theme topic so nobody would have to look for a stock they'd have it already :). though i do agree with you that if someone doesn't like what the set image is they will not join. but if we look at it in that perspective then it'll be the same with any topic. :)

a set stock is only to bring out someone's creativity with what resources they have. as it would be posted in the theme topic so nobody would have to look for a stock they'd have it already :). though i do agree with you that if someone doesn't like what the set image is they will not join. but if we look at it in that perspective then it'll be the same with any topic. :)

But participants can be more diverse if it's just a general theme, not a particular character required to be in the entry. Yes, I get that people may love that character, but this competition is all about making an entry that fits the theme. I agree with you and Illusion as well, it's just that I do not think people want to use just one render or one character because it limits them to a state that the person may not participate.

[MENTION=30383]kaotiksoul[/MENTION]: Actually, I'm a little different from what you said though. I don't have resources and ideas to try to make a sign with a certain stock, I usually get the inspiration to make sign from the stock I choose and let the idea flow with the mood and prepare the resources needed latter so this suggestion is already a bit difficult for me but I'll try my best to cover that up

[MENTION=30383]kaotiksoul[/MENTION]: Actually, I'm a little different from what you said though. I don't have resources and ideas to try to make a sign with a certain stock, I usually get the inspiration to make sign from the stock I choose and let the idea flow with the mood and prepare the resources needed latter so this suggestion is already a bit difficult for me but I'll try my best to cover that up
that is an awesome way to get inspiration and a great way to make arts of work by letting the imagination flow. Also i didn't mean anything by when i stated all of that it was just my opinion, everyone is different on how they approach art and believe me art is art to me no matter how someone approaches it. i just literally enjoy looking at other people's art :)

Hmm.. how about something like (Girls and) Guns for the next theme :3?
Guns are awesome :runhappy:

Snap, already so many nice entries (●^▽^●)Big up all!
Unfortunately I can't come up with anything for this month's theme 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。
Though if I may suggest a theme... How about 'World Peace'?
Verstuurd via Tapatalk

Noted.~

Next theme, huh? Well, maybe we can use "Sunset" or "Falling leaves" to fit with autumn, but it's up to everyone to decide because the theme I suggest is going to be tricky to handle

Noted.~

I would also suggest the next SOTM rule being that they can only use certain resources. e.g. A chosen render of Saeko Busujima that everyone must use.

Noted.~

Meow?
Lol.. no wonder about it XP
It's already 11 entries, hayaii~ :3
The great way is SOTM've many participants "again" for this season \(//V//)

True.~ It's been a while since SOTM exceeded 10 entries cap.^^ I'm happy. :)

ooh ooh i second that "Saeko Busujima" she is smexy hott! C:

Noted.~

My idea is good as well...

Will consider all your suggestions.~

Noted.~

Hmm.. how about something like (Girls and) Guns for the next theme :3?
Guns are awesome :runhappy:

Noted.~

Update:
5 more days to go before the new poll opens! ^-^ And oh, your suggestions are now posted on the second post. :) Thank you!^^

Last edited:
So many note, but it all come down to your decision Pinky, so make it a nice one :D

Hahaha. I guess that part is also true. Nevertheless, I'm still happy to hear many suggestions from you guys.^^

Last edited:
REMINDER: DEADLINE TOMORROW FOR THE SOTM#12 POLL AND SOTM#13 ENTRY SUBMISSION!~ ^-^

The poll should be closed since yesterday, but maybe we can make an exception for xyzapy for personal reasons, anyone agree? :)

I don't mind but isn't the voting suppose to begin at 10th of august?

suggestion~?

How about two lovers meeting somewhere in the fall? It would be great to start off that with school~ :D It could be like an "Unmei" scene, or one that's "love at first" sight~ wtv makes you feel comfortable~

I don't mind but isn't the voting suppose to begin at 10th of august?

The entries Zero that's what we are talking about.

suggestion~?

How about two lovers meeting somewhere in the fall? It would be great to start off that with school~ :D It could be like an "Unmei" scene, or one that's "love at first" sight~ wtv makes you feel comfortable~

The poll should be closed since yesterday, but maybe we can make an exception for xyzapy for personal reasons, anyone agree? :)

I would like to apologize for updating the thread late. Will be updating it within 3hours. >.< We've been busy last week because of some projects and recovery measures from the recent typhoon here in our country. Hope everyone understands!~

Last edited:
Poll now officially opened! :)

The new round of SOTM will be announced soon.^^ For the meantime, feel free to post suggestions and comment on the suggestions posted on the second post.^^

Goodluck to all the participants!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

RXxxxxx wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,
The latest version of Bloodroot, ver.1.1.5.0, is out. Could you upload this?
Thx!
mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
✨Shine✨[240215][umyn] 異世界転生マジカルチンポ 完全版 [RJ01154724]
Please re-upload
Elaina-San wrote on UFO's profile.
Hii! do you by any chance have this post archive by でじまら or dejimara? FANBOX 2023年05月号 the one that includes Elaina?
Thanks!
Redlof wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ154687.html & https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ269035.html (mexa or rosefile) & Part 3 of this on mexa if it's not a problem - https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ262921.html (threads too long to link, sorry)