[Discussions] SOTM#14 - September/October 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week have passed by, and the number of entries is now doubled :D
But, seriously, I was expecting a lot more signs, 'cause everyone love cooking, right? (well, almost everyone :whistle:)

This month's theme is not my type so imma skip this month's competition :P

EVERYONE: 3 Entries are in!~ I kinda expected that the entry wouldn't be that high because of the theme. ;] But still, this theme was chosen as a CHALLENGE. :) We wanna see participants who have the courage and the thrill to join the contest even though he/she doesn't like the theme.^^ It's up for you guys if you're up for the challenge or not.^^ HAVE FUN! :)

Actually, there're very few people who use their entry as their signature, so we can just create them like usual, you know :)

Yup, I also considered that fact.^^ We'll see about it. :)

Vertical sigs are pretty fun to make actually, changes the way you present the sig completely. As for this months contest between GW2, my laziness, and lack of useful images relating to the theme i might not enter.

Aww.. Sad to hear that. >.< Hope you'll still join tho.~

A week have passed by, and the number of entries is now doubled :D
But, seriously, I was expecting a lot more signs, 'cause everyone love cooking, right? (well, almost everyone :whistle:)

Make that 3.^^ Yup, maybe not everyone likes to cook.~ It's because we have a certain perception about cook. ;]

This month's theme is not my type so imma skip this month's competition :P

Can't force yah.~~ But still looking forward for your interpretation.^^

Isn't it kinda unfair for one of the two participants to have 2 entries when the other has one, it kinda gives an unfair advantage over the other by giving one person a chance for an extra vote. If its gonna just be the two of them it should probably only be one sig against the other. For fairness.

Hmm... but theres also the fact that the second siggy might just take away votes from the first two without causing any major impact on anything... now how about we go make people join instead of doing things the other way~ ;p

Uhm, first of all, can you make the yellow annoucement even larger ?
Second, we can make 1 of the SOTM's theme into making a sign to advertise for SOTM, you know? :runhappy:
Third, now matter what kind of challenge is it, I'll never take up the "cooking-related one" :whistle:

Agree with illusion next month should be about making the advertisement for SOTM :P

I dont understand whats wrong with cooking actually :/ How about trying to eating instead? ;p

Hmm... but theres also the fact that the second siggy might just take away votes from the first two without causing any major impact on anything... now how about we go make people join instead of doing things the other way~ ;p

I get what your saying and i understand the need for more entrys. But lets face it polls in general are flawed when it comes to voting for any kind of contests due to the fact that you don't know the intentions of the voter. For all we know they could be voting for a sig cause it happens to belong to a friend (hopefully not) or cause they simply like one small aspect of the sig regardless if the sig fits the theme or not. Personally i think the voting is done should be changed to something like Ein suggested earlier and participants should be limited to 1 entry.

On a side note yea a theme of SOTM ads would be interesting and who could refuse free advertisement.

Hmm well i feel that rule should probably be put in place before the contest and not during... maybe have it so that the contestant can only put one entry if there is only XX amount of entries?

Free advertisement xD Well... that could probably work~

Agreed with sam, if 2 entries of one person added, then the cast of vote'll be separated on his/her entries. ex: entry A got 3 points of vote, B got 1 point, then the next vote will be your gamble ;P hope it'll comes to A but peoples have their ways XD
In other word adding 2 entries, i called that "suicide" for him/her-self. But it's kinda fun as long as you participate and give your best to your works \(//V//)

An advertisement will do :3

Multiple entries has various positives and negatives~ Like the larger chance of winning... but then the more dispersed votes is quite a large negative too... It would also deal with that voting for the person due to popularity or other nonsense like that because they wouldnt know which to vote for~

Isn't it kinda unfair for one of the two participants to have 2 entries when the other has one, it kinda gives an unfair advantage over the other by giving one person a chance for an extra vote. If its gonna just be the two of them it should probably only be one sig against the other. For fairness.

It's not gonna be unfair cuz' it's not just going to be the two of them.^^ The SOTM won't close until there are enough entries.^^ Moreover, having two entries have advantages and disadvantages as well.~

True.~ It really depends with the impact of the siggy.~

Uhm, first of all, can you make the yellow annoucement even larger ?
Second, we can make 1 of the SOTM's theme into making a sign to advertise for SOTM, you know? :runhappy:
Third, now matter what kind of challenge is it, I'll never take up the "cooking-related one" :whistle:

1st: Feedback below.~
2nd: That's a good suggestion. :)
3rd: Your choice.^^

I dont understand whats wrong with cooking actually :/ How about trying to eating instead? ;p

Eating is actually acceptable. :] Again, our SOTM is actually freestyle-like and the theme serves as small guide.^^

I would join if it's eating :P

Then you're in! ;]

Hmm well i feel that rule should probably be put in place before the contest and not during... maybe have it so that the contestant can only put one entry if there is only XX amount of entries?

Free advertisement xD Well... that could probably work~

Before, the limit was actually 3.~ But at the moment, the entries were restricted to two for two reasons: we have limited amount of participants and still, we don't wanna limit enthusiastic participants.^^ As the number of participants change, the rule will also change ofcourse.~

I get what your saying and i understand the need for more entrys. But lets face it polls in general are flawed when it comes to voting for any kind of contests due to the fact that you don't know the intentions of the voter. For all we know they could be voting for a sig cause it happens to belong to a friend (hopefully not) or cause they simply like one small aspect of the sig regardless if the sig fits the theme or not. Personally i think the voting is done should be changed to something like Ein suggested earlier and participants should be limited to 1 entry.

On a side note yea a theme of SOTM ads would be interesting and who could refuse free advertisement.

The multiple votes?~ I have a go signal from the admins to make necessary changes.^^ Will put this again to consideration.:) As for 1 entry limit for one entry, it can't be applied at the moment because of the reasons I stated above.^^

Agreed with sam, if 2 entries of one person added, then the cast of vote'll be separated on his/her entries. ex: entry A got 3 points of vote, B got 1 point, then the next vote will be your gamble ;P hope it'll comes to A but peoples have their ways XD
In other word adding 2 entries, i called that "suicide" for him/her-self. But it's kinda fun as long as you participate and give your best to your works \(//V//)

An advertisement will do :3

I really appreciate your optimism, Neko.^^ True, SOTM's suppose to be fun and adventurous.~

Multiple entries has various positives and negatives~ Like the larger chance of winning... but then the more dispersed votes is quite a large negative too... It would also deal with that voting for the person due to popularity or other nonsense like that because they wouldnt know which to vote for~

Yup, it has advantages and disadvantages.~

AT EVERYONE: Remember, SOTM's for fun.^^ I appreciate all your comments and suggestion but I hope you guys won't forget to smile while hangin around in here. :)

Feedback with making the announcement larger:

Ignis; said:
We usually keep announcements small and concise on purpose. Enlarging the SotM announcement alone might overshadow the others. Also, the space for announcements is reserved for important stuff and thus we try to keep them as concise as possible.

Still, I like the "free-ads" idea. I think this is the best option for advertisement at the moment.~ Look forward to that next month.^^

Last edited:
Not the multiple votes suggestion, i meant the suggestion that ein posted. The suggestion was....

An would also have been better if the voting system didn't just involved poll voting. Like, if the voters also gave an input or comment for why they voted that entry to eliminate justifications. Just saying though.

Actually, I'm fine with the way they are right now 'cause some might think it's a hindrance while there'll be others who forget to write a comment
And, like Pinky said, this is for fun, so even if you try to make multiple clone to vote for yourself, I can still accept it. The only problem is, will your conscience let you do it ;)

It's not gonna be unfair cuz' it's not just going to be the two of them.^^ The SOTM won't close until there are enough entries.^^ Moreover, having two entries have advantages and disadvantages as well.~

So.... does this mean we are stuck on this theme till you get enough entries?

That kinda sucks. Was kinda hoping a more appealing theme would crop up soon.

Not the multiple votes suggestion, i meant the suggestion that ein posted. The suggestion was....

Oh, I see.~ Since our current SOTM is just-for-fun-nothing-at-stake at the moment, we only pick winners based from the polls. :) But, Ein's suggestion would be applied sometime in the future when.... Hmm.... I think I'll stop right there.;]

So.... does this mean we are stuck on this theme till you get enough entries?

Yes.~ So you gotta try if you wanna move on to the next theme.^^ But, still not forcing you tho. :)

So how many are needed for this to continue on to the next theme? I just put an entry in that has nothing to do with cooking 8D

1 Entry added~
Lol.. give your best shot to this contest, even we still need to wait for other entries to complete this theme XD
Min 10 entries, then we must wait `till 6 other entries applied.

pinky~ is there somewhere that explains a bit about creating signatures? If I knew a little about what I have to do, I might give it a try. If some past contestants could help make a thread about that, I'd know how much talent it takes~ I mean, they're not exactly making these completely from scratch right? Is it just putting things together? ummm and maybe: what makes a good entry? I doubt you just put some words in a picture :f

theme idea: laughing (awkward, evil, innocent, mistakes, happy, etc. :P)

Hmm.. yeah, what you mean is just edit an image and give some words, right?
Well i'm sure that some participants might do it. Even just resize and cuts the edge XD
But we're not a manga artist :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

RXxxxxx wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,
The latest version of Bloodroot, ver.1.1.5.0, is out. Could you upload this?
Thx!
mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
✨Shine✨[240215][umyn] 異世界転生マジカルチンポ 完全版 [RJ01154724]
Please re-upload
Elaina-San wrote on UFO's profile.
Hii! do you by any chance have this post archive by でじまら or dejimara? FANBOX 2023年05月号 the one that includes Elaina?
Thanks!
Redlof wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ154687.html & https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ269035.html (mexa or rosefile) & Part 3 of this on mexa if it's not a problem - https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ262921.html (threads too long to link, sorry)