Some stuff that I drew.

Gigatron

NANI SORE
Oct 4, 2011
I was told it's OK to show some drawings on the forum. I wasn't going to, out of shyness, but I'll swallow my fear and post some. These are all just sketches, as I rarely go as far as finishing them (inking or colouring). Please tell me your opinions, but be gentle, because I'm still new to drawing in manga style.

The first three are from a manga I was planning on making. It would've been a slice-of-life comedy about working in a supermarket. I got as far as designing the characters and outlining several stories, but the project never got off the ground, so I just kinda gave up on it.

Last edited:
Holy damn, thats some amazing drawings! :O the best i can draw is stick figures or really fat people x(

:thumbup:

Wow... Great work, Gigatron. I loved how clean your style is!
Their expressions are very well drawn too!

I agree with all the above! I would've loved to read it also if it came out O:

Thank you all, I'm really glad that you like it. :)

I think I'll post more soon, if you want to see them.

Wow, those are great! And you say you're new to doing manga style? Dayum, if you kept at it for a few years I'm sure you'll be awesomely epic! I like your art style and the details you put in each of them is good! I find the characters slightly disproportionate but I think it goes well with the art style anyway so all's good. Post more!! :D

Thanks! ^_^

Disproportionate how so? I try not to use "it's my style" as an excuse, but if you mean their heads are a little big, then that's intentional. I was heavily influenced by the styles of "puni plush" animes like Lucky Star, Strike Witches, Nichijou, etc. so my characters always have a sort of "loli-ish" look to them which I try to encourage. :)

i think what he mean is character's height. they're too short

seeing other people post their drawings make me want to create my own thread... probably other times....

[MENTION=7468]Gigatron[/MENTION] : I like your art style, and I'm a fan of loli-ish character too (I recognize the style as SD-type, iirc).
Can' wait to see more of your art here... :3

Thank you all so much. :)

Indeed, it's possible they're a little short-looking for their ages, again probably the influence of the loli/SD style (which I really like) on my drawings. Kinda like Nichijou where even the adults look like kids. Though I admit I'm nowhere near as good as that so I haven't perfected it yet.

Also here's some more drawings. These are somewhat older sketches, probably from last year, I think. They're no characters in particular, I was just playing with the theme of "Cold War-era Lolis", lol...

I might post some of the few coloured ones next.

Last edited:
I always was obsessed with small details in a picture, though sometimes I spend too much time putting little tiny details in.

Lol similarly with meh xD But small detail makes the work look nicer in the end... usually~ More time for a better result~

hm.. just curious... how long do you people usually spend your time to finish a drawing? (either sketch, or fully colored)

Speaking for myself, taking into account time actually spent working on a particular drawing, it can be anywhere from a few hours to one or two days. This depending on how complex it is, or how much of it I planned out in advance (as opposed to just inventing as I go). This is for just a sketch like these.

If I colour it, then it takes much longer. Usually a few days to a week or more (though again, this varies depending on the drawing, especially if it has a background or not). The fact it takes so long for me to fully ink and colour a drawing is why I have so few finished ones, because I rarely have the time to commit to it.

All this being said, there's often times when I'll completely leave a drawing for several days without finishing it (either because I ran out of ideas, or I have no time, or I just got lazy, or combinations of these). Which reminds me I have a bunch of sketches I still need to finish...

Yep, when I ink/shade I use the tablet. The policewoman in my avatar was done that way. I get OK results, but I'm still not very adept at using it to its full potential. I've been needing to set some time aside to practise on it and improve my technique, but so far laziness always wins out. X)

Lol doesnt it always xD Well usually anyhow... needs some motivation... Full potential... hmm takes practice like any other tool~

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

RXxxxxx wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,
The latest version of Bloodroot, ver.1.1.5.0, is out. Could you upload this?
Thx!
mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
✨Shine✨[240215][umyn] 異世界転生マジカルチンポ 完全版 [RJ01154724]
Please re-upload
Elaina-San wrote on UFO's profile.
Hii! do you by any chance have this post archive by でじまら or dejimara? FANBOX 2023年05月号 the one that includes Elaina?
Thanks!
Redlof wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ154687.html & https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ269035.html (mexa or rosefile) & Part 3 of this on mexa if it's not a problem - https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ262921.html (threads too long to link, sorry)