[Discussions] SOTM#14 - September/October 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummmmm a little more info please? letting me know what something is called when you work with pictures would help me find places to learn about that~

Hmm.. what do you mean? :3
Like i said before, we're not a manga artist, so what we do is edit their works.
Unless you have some skill to draw, that's different story XD
This contest is free for everyone who want to show their work* \(//V//)

I mean things like rendering, layers, ummm cutting images out? The major tools that you use in a photoshop? anything helpful x_x
I'm not sure what it means as far as something being my own original work :f which is pretty much where i got the made from scratch idea.

Oh well, that's the main menu of PS XD
Hmm you should ask Mato, Unown, or Selva about it..
I'm very amateur on PS though ;P

There plenty of tutorials you can look up on various sites like deviant art. Google can be your best friend when trying to learn something.

I can't just look up random videos right? I want to know what I should look up is what I'm saying :f

Looking up random tutorials and sometimes videos was how i started off. Once you pick up the basics you can start experimenting.

that's like saying to throw random ingredients into a bowl until you learn how to make a cake x_x

Hmm i cant give any examples as i dont really know either... /me pokes everyone else~

So how many are needed for this to continue on to the next theme? I just put an entry in that has nothing to do with cooking 8D

10. It'll still depend with some factors tho. ;]

1 Entry added~
Lol.. give your best shot to this contest, even we still need to wait for other entries to complete this theme XD
Min 10 entries, then we must wait `till 6 other entries applied.

Yeeeeeeey. 5 more! ;]

pinky~ is there somewhere that explains a bit about creating signatures? If I knew a little about what I have to do, I might give it a try. If some past contestants could help make a thread about that, I'd know how much talent it takes~ I mean, they're not exactly making these completely from scratch right? Is it just putting things together? ummm and maybe: what makes a good entry? I doubt you just put some words in a picture :f

theme idea: laughing (awkward, evil, innocent, mistakes, happy, etc. :P)

Hello!~ Theme noted.^^ As for the tutorial, I agree with the rest of them... Browsing random vids on YT, searching for "Signature Tutorial" on devianart would help you a lot. :) I also asked Ignis, and that was also his suggestion. :] It's a trial and error at first, but exploring by yourself will also help you discover many tools. ;]

When it comes to "making your own original sig" it doesn't mean you have to scratch from zero. You can use rendering and other resources but you should not copy-paste a developed signature and claim it as your own. :)

Hope you'll be able to join!^^

Hmm does anyone draw theirs? ;p I think someone did something like that~

I think someone did... But not for SOTM. Rather, the chopsticks contest.^^ Would you join SOTM if it's free-hand freestyle theme? :)

Last edited:
@sam, you should.. it's rare to see a free hand work anyway ;p so go on sam~

@ushio, there are many slots for you, go get it XD

Last edited:
Don't worry i bet the slot of entries are still open up to 2 weeks.. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

RXxxxxx wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,
The latest version of Bloodroot, ver.1.1.5.0, is out. Could you upload this?
Thx!
mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
✨Shine✨[240215][umyn] 異世界転生マジカルチンポ 完全版 [RJ01154724]
Please re-upload
Elaina-San wrote on UFO's profile.
Hii! do you by any chance have this post archive by でじまら or dejimara? FANBOX 2023年05月号 the one that includes Elaina?
Thanks!
Redlof wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ154687.html & https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ269035.html (mexa or rosefile) & Part 3 of this on mexa if it's not a problem - https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ262921.html (threads too long to link, sorry)