[Discussions] SOTM #33 - August / September 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... You mean that you the rest of butterflies on the siggy adding will...?

And well, I did at my current (temporary) siggy rather to black instead yellow edges reedited, and I did the magical circle give - And I'm happy so I think...xD

You mean at your entry? you made a change?

I didn't go to see the entries if there any changes where done.

I might and go check them :)

You mean at your entry? you made a change?

I didn't go to see the entries if there any changes where done.

I might and go check them :)

Lol, not the entry, but my siggy on/in my siggy area...xD

I see you changed i see the rounding black i like that future. I don't remember see the 1st version of hers!

Well, the edge was before yellow, and it has a bit lacked of details: Did me then bothered...::

oh... i see! Well the black i believe is always better to give the border some emphasis!

Yeah, because black is really in most cases the right choice - there aren't much other colors what with black replace can in this area...:goodtea:

yeap indeed!

Yeah...

But it's a bit a shame that this siggy not in gif format give could (Not that I unable were, but...), because it'd really nice at least the lightnings animating let... But then lose the colors their softness...>_>

/me welcomes an newbie and an candidate: Welcome and nice entry [MENTION=114711]maybelline[/MENTION];!!!:runhappy:

/me welcomes an newbie and an candidate: Welcome and nice entry [MENTION=114711]maybelline[/MENTION];!!!:runhappy:

ah wow, thank you for bringing a smile to my face! c': I hope I can soon change from a newbie to a regular, so far this place has been really nice. I also really liked your entry;oo (I'm kind of obsessed with how you got it in that format, being a png and all. I haven't figure out how to do that, oops) cx

ah wow, thank you for bringing a smile to my face! c': I hope I can soon change from a newbie to a regular, so far this place has been really nice. I also really liked your entry;oo (I'm kind of obsessed with how you got it in that format, being a png and all. I haven't figure out how to do that, oops) cx

Ah, lol, not to thanking, it was of course!

Well, you've until 30 posts post, that you the ASF-member budge becoming, like what I about my ava have.

And, thanks! I did with GIMP made - But if you wanna about it more know, then check the past posts in this thread: Because I did here my methods already described...

Ah, lol, not to thanking, it was of course!

Well, you've until 30 posts post, that you the ASF-member budge becoming, like what I about my ava have.

And, thanks! I did with GIMP made - But if you wanna about it more know, then check the past posts in this thread: Because I did here my methods already described...

welp, I better start getting social, it be really cool to get that badge! and Gimp, huh? I've heard many stories of such a legendary program, but I never got to try it out myself. I force/self taught myself everything and went from picmonkey straight to photoshop (probably a really bad decision on my part) but I've heard it's really good. also, thanks for letting me know! I'll make sure to go through the thread, it be awesome to pick up another trick :P
also; you're the first person I've "spoke" to so far on this site, thanks for not being a huge A-hole lmao

welp, I better start getting social, it be really cool to get that badge! and Gimp, huh? I've heard many stories of such a legendary program, but I never got to try it out myself. I force/self taught myself everything and went from picmonkey straight to photoshop (probably a really bad decision on my part) but I've heard it's really good. also, thanks for letting me know! I'll make sure to go through the thread, it be awesome to pick up another trick :P
also; you're the first person I've "spoke" to so far on this site, thanks for not being a huge A-hole lmao

Well, the budge has what something...

Anyway, well, GIMP is really a nice photo manipulator program: I've fun with them, and did myself some tricks taught!

And... Lol, don't worry, you be more relaxed...xD

Edit: Sorry, but I'm for an hour so AFK: Dinner time! Later then.

I see we have a new face here. Welcome, [MENTION=114711]maybelline[/MENTION]; and hope you'll stick around.

I'm sure you're just being modest, but your entry isn't lacking at all. I like the simple background shown during the SOTM part of the animation. The transition from that one to the brownish background is also pretty neat, although not vice-versa. But I guess it's just because (as you mentioned) you mistakenly set the animation to loop instantly rather than having a pause. Either way, nice work! My personal favourite part of the overall piece is the progressive animation of the text, methinks.

I see we have a new face here. Welcome, [MENTION=114711]maybelline[/MENTION]; and hope you'll stick around.

I'm sure you're just being modest, but your entry isn't lacking at all. I like the simple background shown during the SOTM part of the animation. The transition from that one to the brownish background is also pretty neat, although not vice-versa. But I guess it's just because (as you mentioned) you mistakenly set the animation to loop instantly rather than having a pause. Either way, nice work! My personal favourite part of the overall piece is the progressive animation of the text, methinks.

Yep, I hope so too!
I come from a website full of really good and experienced graphic designers so I always tend to feel like I'm falling behind, but I know I'm not the worst person out there so I hope I don't sound like I'm fishing for compliments, if so, I apologize! Also, thank you so much for the feedback! I tend to only get "nice" "thats pretty" "you should really change that it doesnt look good" on the other site I'm used to, so its refreshing to get some really nice feedback! And that reminds me, I should get around to quickly fixing up that ending. I hope I'm allowed to edit my entry, anyway! But again, thank you for the compliment and helpful feedback! c:

(also pardon me, like mentioned before I'm very new so this site's coding is completely different from what I'm used to so I'm still figuring it out, so I'm kind of stumped on the 'mention' coding, but either way; thank you for the welcome Dark Angel! c: )

@Maybe - Lol, don't worry about it, be brave - We won't hurt you, you're always welcome here, if you some bothersome situations have, then come to us, and then we'll it together solve the problem.^_^!

Edit: I had few days ago out of boredom about SOTM thought: Where to the result come am', that we actually with 11 SOTMs/months behind are... - Nearly almost a year loss then: Pinky has at Jan, 2011 started the contest/project, and I did calculated: Actually, we were at SOTM 44 already, if the progress smoothly gone were... But this is just a thought...:bored:

Yep, I hope so too!
I come from a website full of really good and experienced graphic designers so I always tend to feel like I'm falling behind, but I know I'm not the worst person out there so I hope I don't sound like I'm fishing for compliments, if so, I apologize! Also, thank you so much for the feedback! I tend to only get "nice" "thats pretty" "you should really change that it doesnt look good" on the other site I'm used to, so its refreshing to get some really nice feedback! And that reminds me, I should get around to quickly fixing up that ending. I hope I'm allowed to edit my entry, anyway! But again, thank you for the compliment and helpful feedback! c:
No, don't mind. I'd say hoping to be complimented is fair so long as you don't actually go around asking for it. After all, to many people (especially those who work hard to showcase something), appreciation is all the reward they need for their effort.

I agree with you on the feedback part. I guess it's fair to assume that not everyone who is a good practitioner in certain schools of art is also good at writing and expressing their opinions, much like how not everyone skilled at a certain subject is also good at teaching said subject. There's also the possibility that those who don't offer detailed criticisms don't want to be seen as being lecturing (and, depending on how well they convey what they want to say, some comments can inadvertently end up condescending).

Finally, yes, you're allowed to edit your entry as many times as you like before the deadline. There's still plenty of time. And you're welcome.

Edit: I had few days ago out of boredom about SOTM thought: Where to the result come am', that we actually with 11 SOTMs/months behind are... - Nearly almost a year loss then: Pinky has at Jan, 2011 started the contest/project, and I did calculated: Actually, we were at SOTM 44 already, if the progress smoothly gone were... But this is just a thought...:bored:
We could shorten the periods if we could gather enough entry. Two weeks? One week? My only concern is that we may not be getting nearly enough entries (and it's not a bad thing, in my view, that people are used to doing it slowly). Some websites with similar stuff like this have SOTW―Signature of the Week―instead of SOTM. I don't mind making it biweekly or even weekly if it proves to be feasible enough.

We could shorten the periods if we could gather enough entry. Two weeks? One week? My only concern is that we may not be getting nearly enough entries (and it's not a bad thing, in my view, that people are used to doing it slowly). Some websites with similar stuff like this have SOTW―Signature of the Week―instead of SOTM. I don't mind making it biweekly or even weekly if it proves to be feasible enough.
Lol, so like is (Hi Igins!) it fine, just I did my thought streamed about it... - It wasn't really a critique, okay?

I accepting the current SOTM-system^_^

Hey! I've an idea where since longer speculating: What is with a contest - along side with SOTM - if about a year going would? But this times I don't mean siggys, but head-banners: B.O.T.D. (Banner(s)-Of-The-Day); well, don't confusing let by the "Day" part - I mean: Candidates posting their works, they have a year time for them/that, and at end of the period starting like at SOTM the poll, but the staff can also their veto give there... The winner banner will be then for an single day (because of it I meant "Day") the head banner of ASF.

We'd then some rules about it need, like we for SOTM have...

Reactions: espiekerella
The Banner is let's just say the "Face" of the forum so i thing the Banner Of The Day it might sounds nice but it might have bad results at forum appearance.

But you're making also wallpapers, or? - Where then it shouldn't really a big deal for you be. If we an solid rule about it - especially about the banner's resolution area - have once, then should it work. And there were also the veto votes from the staff: They'd decide which benner(s) for an single day for ASF match would.

But let's wait for an reply from Ignis...

Reactions: espiekerella
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

RXxxxxx wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,
The latest version of Bloodroot, ver.1.1.5.0, is out. Could you upload this?
Thx!
mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
✨Shine✨[240215][umyn] 異世界転生マジカルチンポ 完全版 [RJ01154724]
Please re-upload
Elaina-San wrote on UFO's profile.
Hii! do you by any chance have this post archive by でじまら or dejimara? FANBOX 2023年05月号 the one that includes Elaina?
Thanks!
Redlof wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ154687.html & https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ269035.html (mexa or rosefile) & Part 3 of this on mexa if it's not a problem - https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ262921.html (threads too long to link, sorry)