Star Trek VS Star Wars

Star Trek VS Star Wars, which is better?

• Star Trek

Votes: 50 45.0%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 61 55.0%

• Total voters
If I could, I would vote for Stargate.

So for now my vote is for Startrek.

Starwars came first into my life but it was destroyed by episodes 2 and 3 (yeah, I liked Ep1!!!*) and I really can't stand Luke Skywalker. And while most people can laugh about the new Startrek movies, it's impossible to do so with the new SW episodes since they so incredibly... serious in a way it's not funny anymore. That and Jar-Jar Bings. JarJar is the result when G.Lucas tries to be funny. But I must admit, the old SW games were good. Even The Force Unleashed was awesome (because the setting was during the original trilogy) but the sequel killed them all.

Star Wars. Didn't like ep 1&2 but the rest were awesome. Though it's not like I hate Star Trek.

[MENTION=35259]Leggy[/MENTION]; [MENTION=9628]Arylin[/MENTION]; [MENTION=71375]AntaBaka[/MENTION];

2s1t8a9.jpg

Last edited:
[MENTION=41234]T-ELOS[/MENTION]; Here's a Wookie beauty queen! Cracked me up!

Here's an interesting comparison of Star Trek vs Star Wars, from a collectibles standpoint.

The most expensive Star Trek collectible is the USS Enterprise D model, worth $576,000.

http://www.startrekpropauthority.com/2008/05/576000-star-trek-collectible-uss.html

The Most expensive Star Wars collectible is the TIE Fighter Miniature from Star Wars: A New Hope, worth $402,500.

http://www.galacticbinder.com/pTop10MostExpensiveStarWarsItems.html

So, in terms of most valuable collectible, Star Trek wins. :)

[MENTION=35259]Leggy[/MENTION]; Those are some pretty expensive collectibles LOL

[MENTION=35259]Leggy[/MENTION]; Those are some pretty expensive collectibles LOL

It must be nice to be a fan with money!

Star Wars fan: "I just spent 400k on my new toy!"

Star Trek fan: "Cheapskate, I spent almost 600k on mine!"

:spitlaugh:

Star wars is better ..... they have the force so yea star wars will win, on top of that , way more promotion

It must be nice to be a fan with money!

Star Wars fan: "I just spent 400k on my new toy!"

Star Trek fan: "Cheapskate, I spent almost 600k on mine!"

:spitlaugh:

Must be nice to have money to blow like that!

Lets be honest

Star Wars always had one massive problem...

GEORGE LUCAS

To be fair, Lucas had a brilliant concept in Star Wars, but he used up the whole thing in the first movie, which, as I mentioned before, is one of the best ever. In the next two movies, he was winging it, making it up as he went. We can see that in the switch from Luke French kissing Leah, to "She is my sister." Of course, in some parts of the world, that's perfectly okay. ;) Also, having the original idea of having a grand battle on the Wookie planet, turn into The Midget Wookie Wrestling League, hurt the series, IMO.

The last three movies were just exploitations of the franchise, with little planning. A good case in point is how he totally wasted Darth Maul (one and done, really) one of the most popular Star Wars characters ever, while using Jar Jar Head ("Alls you people gonna barf") throughout the three movies.

Just found this!

Last edited:
Hmm general grievous was killed a little too easily imo... But were they actually following the books for the movies? :/

Hmm general grievous was killed a little too easily imo... But were they actually following the books for the movies? :/

The original Star Wars movie was was not based on a book, it was a Lucas creation. All the media, books, cartoons, comics, games, etc., were all based on the movies, not the other way around.

Edit:

After some digging, I see that while Star Wars was first being made, a Star Wars book was written, based on the upcoming film. While the book is credited to Lucas, it was actually ghost written by Alan Dean Foster, one of the great sci-fi writers.

That explains why the book was so good. ;)

Lol xD Was Lucas really that bad? I dont remember enough of the first three SW movies to say much though =w=

Well, before Star Wars, the only films Lucas had directed were THX 1138 and American Graffiti. He took 22 years off before directing other movies. He was a writer and executive producer on the Indiana Jones series.

Lucas's best talent is in milking a good idea for every possible penny. He did the same thing to Indiana Jones that he did to Star Wars.

To be fair, if I had a great movie concept, I'd be happy to make a ton of money by letting him produce it. ;)

Lucas's best talent is in milking a good idea for every possible penny. He did the same thing to Indiana Jones that he did to Star Wars.

This one line backs up my argument. why? ALIENS.

[MENTION=7722]Second_Flight[/MENTION]; vote for Star Trek :goodtea:

[MENTION=35259]Leggy[/MENTION]; [MENTION=28026]KOS-MOS[/MENTION]; [MENTION=71375]AntaBaka[/MENTION];

20f27ev.jpg

Last edited:
Returning to the books issue, the books based on Episodes 1-3 and the Interlude book for the time between Ep 2 and 3 were actually pretty good, way better than the movies. I actually liked the book-version Anakin more. And R2's sarcastic comments were the best ever... but the movies were meh. Great effects but for epic battles I'd rather replay the Force Unleashed. Too bad the recent Startrek game wasn't good. D:

Can anyone recommend a good Startrek book for me? Just finished reading the Ender Series and looking for something new. :)

Can anyone recommend a good Startrek book for me? Just finished reading the Ender Series and looking for something new. :)

Alan Dean Foster wrote several Star Trek books. They are good reads.

If you want good non-ST Sci-Fi, Lois McMaster Bujold is one of the great modern Sci-Fi writers today. I recommend "The Warrior's Apprentice" (reprinted in "Young Miles") which starts the Vorkosigen series. You will definitely like this one! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

gamblepudding wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, can you please re-upload 機械の少女が紡いだ記憶(中編) Ver4.2 [RJ263914] in katfiile or mexa? I believe you have the latest 4.12 version.
nakamura_yuri wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload 真剣で私に恋しなさい!S 初回版? Most links are dead except for the ones on Rapidgator which don't allow me to download without a premium account. Thank you very much!
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, can you please re-upload these in katfile?
[201128][エモイ堂] 【耳かきセレクト】サキュはめ 見習いサキュバスクロエ編 ~夢魔の力で好きなあの子とドリームセックス~【生耳かき&KU100ハイレゾバイノーラル】 [RJ306515]
[220430][エモイ堂] 無条件溺愛してくるヤンデレセクサロイドとの「支配されたい」「使われたい」「完全所有されたい」願望ダダ漏れアクメ性活【KU100&超リアル音質】 [RJ386208]
[210320][エモイ堂] 【搾乳フォーリー&最高なおっぱいプレイ】こちら牛娘ですがまぎれもなくうちの妹です。【KU100&バイノーラル】 [RJ320191]
thank you!