TB's Marina Fan Project "Marina Case of the Queen" Official Thread

January has been an interesting month, I've basically been working on two different versions of my Marina sequel - one built with tyranobuilder and the other Visual Novel Maker. Unfortunately the makers of VNM are really slow to update or rather add important things such as 1080 screen support and despite supporting Live2D they haven't added support for the current version which makes it pointless (meaning I can't bring animated Marina into the actual game until they do - despite already animating her). So that really halted work on that version..

Which brings me back to my original Marina sequel as it was. Its definitely gone through some big changes (script wise) and I've been thinking now of releasing the game as mini episodes to speed up development (so 3 parts). Right now, I literally have to make a decision where to focus my attention because I have two great scripts. Maybe VNM issues are telling me to stick to my original script.

I'd say the big difference between the two is my original script is more netorase with nrt themes and the second script is ntr with netorase themes. So in this sense they are two different stories...

Probably not the update you wanted, but things are alive and progressing. I'm starting to appreciate how frustrating it can be for game developers lol.

I vote ntr, long live ntr!! netorase is a pale imitation of ntr greatness!...no offense to anyone.

its amazing how much time one can spend doing nothing but being indecisive.

I think that is exactly why being indecisive is perjudicial, anyway i don't blame you for being distracted, some people like to bitch about how games nowadays are all call of duty like, and that only anoying kids enjoy them, but that is a lie, there are a shit ton of good games being released or released inthe last few years, the dragon age and mass effect series, stellaris, pillars of eternity, dark souls series, tyranny, fallout 4, witcher 3, metro 2033 series, hell i still enjoy skyrim!!!

Almost forgot, i would love to read the scrip as a fanfiction, hell you should break it in chapters and publish it to distract us xD

Ya I have a Gog.com account too filled with my old favorites which I'm 100% sure will run fine on my current internal solution. Its really the current games that cant be played and I'm not talking about CoD (which I haven't played since modern warfare 1) but games like Civ 6 that do not want to play nice without a dedicated gpu. Ironically Stellaris at full settings runs fine but I'm not feeling it - figures.

Its not all bad though, obviously I have time now to do other things like Marina!

Oh on that note, thanks people for adding info on other Marina things to this topic. Honestly I would have missed them otherwise!

Mmm, how good is Civ 6? i haven't tried it yet, also i probably should shut up but if you like rpgs you should try pillars of eternity and tyranny, both from Obsidian.

Civ 6 is different then previous Civ "builders" for sure, its the same but with a lot more layers that add to the gameplay but the question is - did we need these new layers? They change game play a lot too like how you expand cities, governments, ect. Its a different civilization which is always nice (a change) but it you either love it or hate it as being too different from civ 5.

As for rpg's ...ya I know all those names and honestly I still haven't finished Fallout 2 from when I bought it back in 1997 lol...I'm really behind. Hence why this might be a good thing! Heck I have a good years worth of eroge to catch up on too! Not to mention download...

I feel you, although in my case it was either money (that is ironically worse right now T.T), my pc (my old pc couldn't run all that many games) or internet (because even pirating them i can't play as many as i want xD).

Mmm i wouldn't be surprised if Civ 6 is liked more by younger and newer audiences, the older ones will probably feel a lot of nostalgia for the old games and have a knee jerk reaction to the changes. Also TRY TYRANNY!!!!!.
Ironically until this december i didn't try fallout 2 lol, and i never got to play fallout 3 since for some reason my pc wouldn't let me play it (never got farther than the tutorial baby part).

Updated all the information for my first post, new story info and condensed the basic info with the faq.

Next plan to update "usual suspect" soon. Maybe this week or the next.

I know this project has been going on a long time, but outside of life drama I'm really happy that I basically restarted from scratch two months ago after switching to Visual Novel Maker. The script is tighter and things just rolled together nicely. Honestly most of the work now is converting images for the inventory, new clothing and adding more depth to inventory via gameplay elements/story.

glad to hear that :D

Its been a while sinc ei last checked this out but it seens to be moving forward, certainly faster than many others.

I hope we see somereally mean a cruel ntr routes MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, sports outfit? Fuck I am so hyped for this fanmade game! I would have wanted to see some sample pictures xD

I just want real heartbreaking ntr.....if she ends up evil all the better MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My script design, an insight into my story and what to expect.

Since it will be likely a few more months before my game is ready, I wanted to make a post with some insight and preview into my story and creative process behind it.

I recently stumbled upon this quote below I found on another site that really spoke to a big issue I had with the Marina series and sought to address with my own game/script.

So for a lot of players I know you wanted to see Hiroto and Marina run off together, I remember your posts. Yet at a very base level that just couldn't happen because Marina would never leave her "family". More so this feeds into NTR themes - BUT this is not netorare, its netorase game series. One in which the player/Kenji is punished for having such immoral desires and the writer punished him for.

I also felt like the original writer was trying to target both NTR audiences to sell more games, but sent a conflicting message to players about Marina and her relationship with Kenji.

As the poster pointed out, Marina starts lying to Kenji very quickly and soon with everybody she becomes involved with. I honestly don't believe she actually loved Hiroto or any of the other men, she had affection yes but I think those feelings are natural for her character trope (big sister) type. I got the sense she was both in the moment and simply lying to make herself feel good reviewing all the games. More so if you take the prequels into account, Marina clearly enjoys sex and is willing to use men. So why make her affectionate later on? Well this comes down to more continuity issues but also speaks more to her character and points out that she lies to make those around her feel good/protect them.

Another issue is these scenes where she declares any type of affection happen VERY briefly and are quickly forgotten, except perhaps in the third game where her ex simply wants her for himself though he is very much the villian woh looks like he walked out of a confederate war movie. It feels almost like fan services for harder NTR players but that just makes those moments feel cheap to me and anything but hardcore.

In my script I wanted to resolve that, I knew right away that if Kenji simple suggested more netorase play Marina would likely leave him with Saki immediately or send her down a dark path of resentment and if nothing else make Kenji look like a total douche after the events of the last game, if not downright simple in the head.

More so I wanted to address with my script, Marina's lying, especially to Kenji. In the first game and after playing the prequels I think she lied to protect Kenji, partially because she is kinda a slut at heart but doesn't want him to know that as well as to protect him. In my mind, not only did she lie for the wrong reasons, but it showed that they either didn't know each other that well or their marriage needed some serious work.

So my game is very much a netorase game and I wanted it to be built around their relationship this time. The stronger the relationship the better the chance of open sexuality between them. No more lies. In my opinion, strengthening their relationship gives the story highedr stakes because your building up something you can lose. The ending(s) are not as straight forward as you might think though...

Overall what I wanted to strive for was a stronger, more open and honest relationship between Marina and Kenji with my game.

Which site? Where do you found it?

Weekly Status - June 20

Took a small break this week, felt I need to step back for a moment and play some other NTR games...then I played some love games and realized as I always do that the best NTR involves couples really in love. While I spent a good time writing about the strength of Kenji and Marina's relationship in my game, its made me want to go back and add a few scenes to further strengthen the love between them with not just dialog but time spent out on the town having fun. Makes the NTR so much more meaningful! Don't worry, its just a small detour and easy to fill.

Absolutely, i never consider it ntr unless the couple are in love (even in those cases where they are too stupid to take the extra step and become a couple) at the begining of the game. Or like in Gatenkei where they fall in love during the game.

Weekly Status - July 6

Well this week was a complete bust, on sunday night my computer notified me it was installing an update. That took a good 10 minutes, about 10 minutes longer then it usually does sending off a warning bell in my head. Welcome to windows update 1803, an update which basically re-installs windows then copies all your files from the previous version over. Well that basically ended with me saying "I'm going to bed, deal with this tomorrow..."

Updating windows 10 by copying the previous install never ever works on my computer and sure enough on monday the first thing that happens is my video drivers fail. Why? Because windows has installed 3 instances and different versions of AMD on my pc, other files "aren't" found and the list goes on. So my free time this week was spent backing up and doing a clean re-install of windows 10 via usb. This sadly is never a fast process for me...

Isn't windows 10 grand?

On the plus side I have soooo much free disk space now!

The main reason i never updated to windows 10 is because i can't download all the right drivers (i also use AMD btw) or fixes i would need, much safer staying on windows 7 for now, hell i doubt i will ever update it unless i buy a new pc (i can dream right?)

I recommend notepad++ for text editing, it's simple but offers a lot of functionality

+1 on Notepad++ if you're purely looking for a simple text editor. I recommend Atom.io for text-based code development (e.g. not an actual IDE), though it's not quite along the lines of yWriter appears to be...meaning Atom will help with syntax highlighting for various languages, which Notepad++ can also do, but it doesn't offer snazzy columns and what-not to my knowledge.

Give us sample or beginning of the story plz. I understand that making game is hard process but waiting is killing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Remember , Hentai SAVE the world.
You are here because your parents did something HENTAI before . If you enjoy in any hentai product , don't forget them .
Always be grateful
hghhgh wrote on Shine's profile.
[ハチハチダヌキ] てんせいせいかつ -TS娘とただれた夏休み-ver1.3.3
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01040107.html
mizuno ai wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Could you upload RJ428404 update ?