Winter Anime 2011 chart 2

It's December! メリークリスマス! so what's your to-be-watched line up? here's mine:

1) Haiyoru Nyaru-ani
2) IS : Infinite Stratos
3) Yumekui Merry
4) Kore wa Zombie desu ka?

As for the OVA's / Specials

1) Mirai Nikki
2) Angel Beat's [OAD] - this is a must to watch!
3) MM! [OAD]
Also Break Blade Movie 5 and Kara no Kyoukai!

So what do you think guys? about this and next year's winter anime?

Sources:
Moetron
TheCartDriver

Last edited:
same here, will see the voice actors, studios and episodes 1 and 2 before deciding

Winter season is always quite weak =). Will be giving all series a 2-3 episode try. Series that has good 1st impressions for now is

1) Fractale
2) IS : Infinite Stratos (Mech fix this season)
3) Yumekui Merry
4) Kore wa Zombie desu ka? (Muririn illustrated light novel adaption)
5) Gosick

Will also watch Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magical for the weird staff combination. Shinbo director (still frames), Yuki Kajiura (epic music), Nitro+ scenario writer and Hidamari sketch character designer....

Still frames + Gothic music + Dark story + Moe = weird ahahaha

I get the same feeling with those. for now those are my list. but you might never know. first impressions do change. I'm not really into Mahou Shoujo stuff but I'll give it a try.

Read some chapters of Yumekui Merry and did some research on it. Basically, i get shakugan no shana vibes reading it. Premise sounds like shakugan no shana. even the characters acts like Shana and Yuuji. The author is a BIG Touhou fan so you can get some Touhou elements inside. J.C staff sure is suited for this adaption.

another ZUNISM author. so we get a mix of those (guess the upcomming touhou anime is also anticipated) then it's Rie's voice for the shana alike. does anyone do a research on IS - Infinity Stratos?

unfortunately its not Rie Rie voicing Merry, Ayane Sakura is casted for Merry. As for IS, i will leave the research for other day. I mostly do research for VN/eroges and researching through 2chan might take some time xD.

I will just watch everything and keep to everything maybe drop two at most. Im really looking forward to getting my Angel Beats BD when it comes out. Im also really looking forward to Gasai Yuno.

Well for the research on IS,

The director did Macross F. The writer did both Kanon and Clannad. That odd combination gives me hope, along with an excellent cast: Hikasa Youko, Hanazawa Kana, Uchiyama Kouki, Inoue Marina, Yukana, Tamura Yukari, Toyoguchi Megumi.

seiyuus: Uchiyama Kouki, Hikasa Youko, Hanazawa Kana, Inoue Marina, Yukana, Tamura Yukari, Toyoguchi Megumi, Shimoda Asami.
director: Kikuchi Yasuhito (Macross F).
writer: Shimo Fumihiko (Kanon, Clannad).
animation: 8-bit. music: Nanase Hikaru (Galaxy Angel, Requiem for the Phantom). OP Kuribayashi Minami, ED seiyuus.

Minami Kuribayashi's doing the OP themes! that's great news! and Writers from Kanon and Clannad in a mecha style? hmmm... that's unexpected. hope this one gets attention.

My current winter review, ratings are given for anticipation(upon 10):
Updated on myanimelist, go the the plan to watch section: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Hitsugaya_10

Must WATCH series:
In no order of preference

1. Infinite Stratos -> Bishoujos with high-tech mecha suits and fights. Coupled with an excellent cast of female seiyuus and macross' director and animation company in 8-bit, whats there not to watch? The defining show for me this upcoming season. 10/10
2. Fractale -> Original animation of the director of Suzumiya Haruhi, Lucky Star. Failing system in the future world with no one to fix. Animation collaboration of Orbet and A-1 Pictures. Of course, it will be worth watching. 9/10
3. Freezing -> In the futuristic earth, Bishoujos team up with male partners to fight aliens. Media Factory in-charge for production. Definite yes. 9.5/10

Other series that i am picking up:

1. Beelzebub -> Shounen sake. 6/10
2. Gosick -> Adapted from mystery novel with gothic main character. Hmm 6.5/10
3. Kore wa Zombie desu ka? -> Studio Deen. Expect the unexpected. 7.5/10
4. Moshidora -> Japan 2010 best selling novel which already had several other adaptions, a story about a baseball manager of her school team. 7.5/10
5. Rio: Rainbow Gate! -> One word = Gambling 6/10
6. Yumekui Merry -> Parallel dream and real world. Worth a try. 6.5/10

That will conclude my current plan-to-watch shows. List may or may not get longer depending on first episodes of all the shows. :037:

Another serious post frm Terumi xD

The director Yamamoto Yutaka says he will quit the anime scene if Fractale doesn't hit and pulls a success (indirect flaming at Kyoani?).

Video Information about all of Winter Anime 2011. It includes Airing times, Starting Date, Animation Studio etc...

As a avid Bushiroad fan, Im gonna watch Cardfight Vanguard with gusto.

well i guess i'll do merry dream eater and i don't like you at all big brother but not yet for sure if i want to add more to encode animes. but those 2 i will surely encode them :D

Making my list for most favorite music this winter
1. Ma-ka-se-te Tonight
2. Resuscitated Hope
3. Connect (コネクト)
4. Day Dream Syndrome
5. Straight Jet

there :)

hmm... as for my list as well... (in no partlicular order)
- Straight Jet
- Kimi wo Mamoritai
- Cold Finger Girl
- Destin Histoire

. . .

Hmm, been awhile since this thread was revived.

COntinuing from my previous post, my CONFIRMED list:
1. Infinite Stratos - 10/10 - the week-in week out must watch for me, enough said. Watch the IS thread for my updates on live raw streaming. ^^
2. Kore wa Zombie desu ka? - 10/10 - Zombie, Necromancer, Vampire Ninja, and Masou Shoujo(nen)
3. Yumekui Merry - 9/10 - nothing much to comment about the show, Merry is very marketable
4. Freezing - 8/10 - slow start, but bewbies will save the day for me.
5. GoSick - 8/10 - gothic loli detective with wuss male lead. Confirmed for 2-cour
6. Beelzebub - 7/10 - shounen sake but with recycled jokes. Show saved by eye-candies.
7. Madoka - 6/10 - what evil is kyubey up to?

Well they said that Gosick is Bones new masterpiece. Yumekui Merry is similar to Shakugan no Shana, and Infinite Stratos should be renamed to Infinite Harem :)

I only watch Gosick for Victorique, the mysteries is pale and predictable >_>.

Shana... JC Staff cash bag back then now missing.
I can dare say To aru has already taken over as the show to beat, shana is eliminated already in my books

@kou, same.

SnS season 3 is rumored to air this fall though o_O.

Last edited:
RUMOURED!

LOL, to aru already won in the light novels section, to me. shana has a weak cast, and repeative abilities. to aru wins it in every single aspect, abeit only losing to the main lead, as index has gotten much screentime
shall see what they(JC Staff) are up to, considering the falling popularity of the show already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Discover advanced TMS Therapy Gilbert AZ, at American TMS Clinics. Located in Scottsdale, our clinic uses cutting-edge Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation technology to treat depression effectively. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing personalized care tailored to your needs.
Shop hand painted Ajrakh sarees, stoles, and dupattas online at Indiantesoro.com! We offer a wide variety of beautiful and authentic Ajrakh products crafted on fine fabric and painted using ntural dies.
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01199054.html

Thanks a ton!
thebreaker2 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Could you please reupload RJ236136? Event better.