Self teaching vs Class with teacher. Learning Japanese.

Oh ok, yeah they weren't very clear on the exact usage of those characters so I kinda got the impression that it was optional. ありがと

This is probably where it would help to have a teacher lol.

[MENTION=60552]GlassNoodles[/MENTION]; rather than buying flashcards, consider downloading the free tool Anki, and then finding some good decks on whatever aspect you want to learn (gana, kanji, or vocab). :)

Reactions: GlassNoodles
[MENTION=60552]GlassNoodles[/MENTION] ; Just to follow FinalPyre, when you'll be ready to learn the kanji I'd suggest to try this anki deck:
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/2182606923

It's the one I used since I started relearning kanjis and it has been really effective so far ^^ (Warning though, there is enough cards to keep you busy for at least a year and a half ^^")

Last edited:
[MENTION=60552]GlassNoodles[/MENTION] ; Just to follow FinalPyre, when you'll be ready to learn the kanji I'd suggest to try this anki deck:
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/2182606923

It's the one I used since I started relearning kianjis and it has been really effective so far ^^ (Warning though, there is enough cards to keep you busy for at least a year and a half ^^")

That deck actually looks pretty good. I think I'll start it this Semester to brush up my kanji a bit more. :)

Thanks guys, d/L'd anki and the kanji deck, along with the stroke order font they recc'd. Although I'm not sure how to implement the new font, whether I should install it into the anki directory or in a system directory.

Although I have to finish memorizing my gana before I can read the kanji pronunciations on those cards lol.

That was a huge help, thank you very much. ^^

I installed the font directly in the system by double-clicking the font and select install, so far no problem ^^ .

I installed the font directly in the system by double-clicking the font and select install, so far no problem ^^ .

Typical - I don't think of the most obviously logical thing to do ha.

I was wondering, a lot of people have mentioned it helped them to learn Japanese when they read VN's, which I assume means visual novels. Anyone know where I would be able to find some? Specifically ones with simple dialogue that would be more suited to a beginner trying to learn Japanese.

*Edit (Sept. 25): I've succeeded in memorizing both ひらがな and カタカナ。 Probably shouldn't have taken so long but I've got a memory like a sieve. Now I'm moving onto vocabulary and basic sentences/grammar. I'm a very long ways off from being fluent, but it's starting to kinda make sense now, in a way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

tim30069 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
https://www.suruga-ya.jp/product/detail/145073022
hello, do you have this drama cd ,thank you!
AsterN20 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Can you reupload [Magi White] エグザミネイター?
nobis_c wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi, if you would reup the mexashare links for this one, that'd be great. Thanks
未亡人沙苗
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, would you reup this old one please? Thanks
白濁淫乳カルテ
Liuying wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello,Sir.!
Could you updata 裏の賭け麻雀 借金娘の敗北種付け生活
New update seem to have added EN