[120401][Four Leaf Studios] Katawa Shoujo

Maverick007

Dec 14, 2011
After 5 Years of development hell, the 5 year labor of love is finally available to download!!

katawa_shoujo_release.png

The game originated through one of the extra pages from a Japanese doujinshi titled "Schuppen Harnische" by the artist Raita.

Set in the fictional Yamaku High School for disabled children, located somewhere in modern Japan. Hisao Nakai, a normal boy, has his life turned upside down when a long-dormant congenital heart defect forces him to move to a new school after a long hospitalization. Despite his difficulties, Hisao is able to find friends, and perhaps love, if he plays his cards right.

The gameplay of Katawa Shoujo is choice-based, with the player reading through text and occasionally making decisions that impact events or dialogue within the story. The goal of the game is to make certain choices that will advance a relationship with one of the five heroines and result in the viewing of the corresponding heroine's erotic scenes and ending.

This game is licensed under the Creative Commons CC-BY-NC-ND (basically this game is being distributed for free, the people who made it are getting nothing out of this), so please don't re-upload this to various file-servers if you're planning to make a bit of money off of this. (And if you do, be aware of 4chan's wrath.)

You can find the download links at the game's site/devblog here:
http://katawa-shoujo.com/
http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/

Happy playing!!

Last edited:
Shouldn't this be under Eroge Corner?

Anyways, found out about this the day before it released, and thought it was interesting enough to try.

I was not disappoint.

Got English version?
BTW, I've play this game before, translated of course, while it still 'under construction'.

keep waiting and waiting till i forgot , and...... BAM there's the full version :)

Katawa Shoujo

Anyone play the full release yet? I just finished Hanako's route and am starting on Shizune's. All I can say is that I am very satisfied and pretty amazed at how well of a job such a small group of random 4chan members did on this VN.

Hanakos route was all I could ask for and more, felt such an emotional attachment that it somewhat pains me to play any other route if it means that I won't be talking to Hanako as much Dx, I can't even bring myself to try to get her bad end because I don't want to see anything bad happen between Hisao and her, though the good end was marvelous. The up and down moments and relationship tension keep you on edge and you never know what to expect next.

Well, off to sleep deprivation it is for me till I finish the next four routes, I'll keep you guys updated on how I enjoy the other routes as I play :P.

Re: Katawa Shoujo

Lol, yea I saw that post, though I downloaded from the official site on release day, noone heard from me the rest of the day O.o. This is a good start-off VN for people interested in playing them, but don't know if they'll like em... or you can always pirate YMK, Fate/Stay Night, or Ever17 xP

I think Hanako will stay as my #1, but I haven't interacted with Emi much, you never know. Though something bout the silent and isolated ones always make me go in their direction, you should giver her route a play if you havent yet xP

Oh, I figured there didn't need to be two threads, but oh well. I downloaded it on release day as well; it was so laggy, and the site crashed for a while too. My first VN was Ever17. <3

I decided to save Hanako for last since most people tended to go her route first.

And I've finished both Emi's and Rin's routes. Luckily, they're sort of connected, so I got to see both throughout. Nevertheless, it was heart-aching switching. q_q Currently working on Shizune / Misha's route. Are they connected, or is there a point where you choose one of them?

To my understanding Misha doesn't have a side route of her own, not even sure if she has an H-scene (maybe there's a 3some scene, who knows xD).
I'm told from reliable sources that events during Shizune's route will make you not even want a Misha route, guess something bad happens?
I find Misha kind of annoying anyways xP

Aw, well I'm hoping it's a threesome - more the merrier~.

At least there's no voices, so you can't hear how annoying she really is. We're like Shizune in that respect. \:D/

I was actually thinking about making teaser trailers for each of the routes, using the CG's and animations from the game, and having me and my friends to the voices (even though theres no voices in the game, though a teaser trailer without voices in a Slice-of-life novel is just weird O.o) I think that if I was any good at video editing, I could make some decent trailers.

Like I would start out with black, and have their "signature life questions" the first thing to be said, Hanako's is "Can you face your fears?"
Then with some epic music playing, some fade effects, nice sound effects, and the right mood to the voices and how I put each part of the trailer together, I think it would be pretty cool.

Emi all the way :3
I ended up with Emi's route first, then Lilly's and now I'm up to act 3 of Shizunes :D

Its awesome that so few people could make something so good! :)

Well Emi is too awesome too ignore :P

I dont think there will be a three way with where im up to with Shizune... Although
Shizune does tie you to a chair... In her house.. O_O and ya know.. :P

Last edited:

I'm not sure what the VN is about, can anyone give me a summary? As in for the characters, not the plot.

[MENTION=85]Paladinoras[/MENTION] http://vndb.org/v945
also 1st try reach on emi's route but redirected to hanako because that's my goal anyway lol
but i think people choose "go for it" when hisao tries to outrun emi was the key factor. hell guys don't want to lose that's why a lot of people reach on Emi route 1st. well thats my theory lol

Completed all the routes in two days.

fif7n.jpg

Emi > Lilly > Hanako > Shizune > Rin

The em I route must be really good if everyone seems to do her first and be satisfied (even if they did it by accident O.o) see I didn't choose "go for it" as it seemed that em I would be impressed if I did, I tend to neglect the wants of other heroines so I get a better chance at the heroine I actually want xP

i like hanako so much my heart is "burning" for her. lol
but i do really want is a misha route :(

question: who is kenji's ex-gf?

I thought the key factor for choosing Emi's route was before the sprinting where you choose to run your hardest, Isnt it where the doctor asks you if your gonna try to exercise more... o_O I dunno but for me when i went with Shizune i told the doctor "No" And the option to try and beat Emi never appeared ;P Still i dunno, might have been a combination of choices, Although I'm sure that was one of the big ones, IM CONFUSING MYSELF. Sorry. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Bambang24 wrote on lapulzi's profile.
MapleHutCat
https://mypikpak.com/s/VO9mewB2u6ng5m8M4L-LTkY8o1

This is a video of maplehutcat from the beginning until now (excluding Mualani, Xilonen, and Burnice), please upload it on your pikpak or on any cloud storage because my premium pikpak has only 1 day left.
XChaosX wrote on zhonyk's profile.
Hello, could you please update the share for this game with the latest 1.201 version?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200601-kichurea-ヴィルネーメレト-rj289056-【ver23-08-24】.1398778/
XChaosX wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hello, could you please update the share for this game with the latest 1.201 version?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200601-kichurea-ヴィルネーメレト-ver1-1b-2023-08-24-rj289056.958576/
XChaosX wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200601-kichurea-ヴィルネーメレト-ver23-08-24-rj289056.958379/