Terumi

~Pyon Pyon~
Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
Blood-C

BLOOD-C-top.jpg

Another iteration of the Blood series, which has already spun various animations and even a live movie. Kisaragi Saya is a second-year high school student at Sanbara Academy, whose Shinto priest father, Kisaragi Tadayoshi, tasks her with the duty of defeating 'Furukimono', ancient demons that prey on humans, and entrusts her with the 'Goshintou' katana that has been passed down by the Ukishima shrine.

Seiyuu cast: Nana Mizuki, Keiji Fujiwara, Kenji Nojima, Abe Atsushi, Misato Fukuen

Director: Tsutomu Mizushima
Series Composition: Nanase Ohkawa (CLAMP)
Music: Naoki Sato
Original story: CLAMP
Original Character Design: CLAMP

Credits to ANN for information. :)

Noodle people!
From what I heard so far it's like Blood+, so I might give it a pass. I'll wait for the HDTV premiere in a couple days to decide though. :P

Late:

CHECKLIST!

Production IG animation - checked
CLAMP story and characters design - checked
Mizuki Nana in wicked badass sword swinging bishoujo hunter - checked
ED by Mizuki Nana - checked

Checklist: 4/4
Answer: WATCH!

@coro, whats HDTV? New station in JP? :O

Last edited:
Yeah considering all the facts that terumi mentionned (I was aware of the production studio and the design but i didn't know about the involvment of nana mizuki) i can't help but waiting for the 1st epsiode.

HDTV is television in high definition.

As opposed to the eye cancer pre-airing stream that's available now.

yeah, i guessed it was like that.

so i assume its a new broadcast station, some maybe just the TV got an alternate HD version running at the same time?

I'll never look at a Jizo statue the same again.

First of all, dat OP. Umetsu done an excellent job as expected for him. It reminds me a lot of the third Blood+ opening, especially the part with the blood turning into flakes off Saya's body. And the song fits!

The ending on the other hand has a better song, but visually it's pretty ... bleh? I mean these are nice stills and all, but nothing interesting to look at.

As for the actual episode, while I liked it, I can't say that it was that great. It was pretty enjoyable throughout, but I can't help as if feel it could've flowed better.

One thing that they managed to get right was the CLAMP feel of it. It is certainly clear that CLAMP is hands on on this project, and it can be seen from the events, structure and designs even are pretty faithful to the concept art.

The action scene was pretty great. I wouldn't say it's the same as Soul Eater 1, since that had some pretty sick choreography, but the animation was pretty slick through out. The bit when Saya gets her head caught in and when it looks like she got it smashed earlier were very intense and I was on the edge of my seat through the fight.

As for Nana Mizuki, still not quite sold yet since i think Ayako Kawasumi fits better.

Overall, nice start.

I'm going to see it just because it's CLAMP, I mean, I liked the Blood series, but I didn't watch all the episodes.
The other day I downloaded the episode but it was in such an awful quality, I guess I'm going to download it again in a better quality, I don't like to watch stuff if it doesn't look perfect.

It's more of a generic monster hunt/slash so far than actually being related to the Blood+ anime. More like the Blood movie.

And what's with her wearing glasses? CLAMP characters usually look doofy with them, and she's no exception. >_>

Lol, still 1st episode, just hoping a for decent plot later. She definitely looks better without the glasses. Add in some licking blood scene might be good :P.

Well, CLAMP drawings are sorta 'make or break' for a lot.

Like it or not.
For me, its an obvious yes! I love them~

I am mostly okay with most char designs, unless it is something like Kaiji's art.

saya - girls with glasses - me like it ~ ..
girls with swords.. definitely like it

~ ♥

she's all yours... ~ seeing her makes me satisfy in a sense of a shallow happiness ~ ...'

Call me back when the plot starts kicking in gear, so far the slice of life scenes are boring ._.

Call out to Kou:

You can return now, things have taken a big twist. :P

Am I the only one enjoying seeing the twins die?:P

nope, i am pretty you are not the only one here who enjoyed that. :P

then again, its sad to see misato fukuen's roles go out in 2 episodes

Oh my, CLAMP. How and why do love you guys!?

The talking dog is revealed to be Watanuki Kimihiro, protaganist of xxxHOLiC. Why is he in the show? CLAMP has always incorporated their previous works in their newer or other shows/mangas, with no exception in this, after seeing Fukuyama Jun in the credits the previous week. Why Watanuki is here, is because of a wish someone made, and he is there to grant it. However, as Watanuki's limited but ever-growing powers, he appears only in Saya's dreams and a dog form this round. He himself does not know who made the wish, and he wants to find out who did Saya promised to slay the monsters to.

More questions this week, Saya was revealed to have made a promise to slay the monsters to someone, i suspect either shop-owner or her 'father'. Doubts were also thrown everywhere, as Saya's father seemed to told a big lie to her.

Awaiting more Watanuki-dog next week, been missing one of favorite male anime characters since xxxHOLiC ended. T___T

....... every clamp title has crossover now :s

more questions than more answers even when 1-2 more episodes to go.

its clear saya and her 'dad' and fumito aint human. 'dad' drinks fumito's blood, while saya calms down by drinking his coffee and eating his grimauve. weird, real weird.

coupled with tokizane's uncereminous death this, i wonder why did clamp even keep him alive just to let him die like that again. more weird, is when the sexy teacher arrives to check out old books, which are all new and plain texts. the twins returned with saya thrown into more confusion.

next week : groping.

????????????????????????????????????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

mizuno ai wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please reupload RJ264706? thx
dornhog wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi Nihonjaki90, if at all possible, could you reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/posts/6236814
Thanks so much
carlwangsg wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please update
✨Shine✨[ちなころ/えるふ茶園][JA/EN/ZH]極限改変・魔法少女ミスティックルーンver.0.3.0β
to ver.0.4.0β?

Thanks.