Count to a million

5228 hmm..?? u talking about mee..??? opossition..?? :reallyconfused: meehh im friendly.. not harm ppl... teasing yeah.. :evillaugh:

could you open cmd, type dxdiag, and in the window that opens, tell me what your Processor, memory and Video card (under display tab) is?

5235 cmd? Hmm for the other stuff i think its intel Core i3-2310M, 4 GB DDR3 Memory, and not sure about video card
Its a fairly new laptop :/

hmm... core i3 is not a particularly powerful CPU... all that being said id put my bets on you have an Intel graphic card too... now before some trolls get on in here to say you have a shitty ass PC, I'm going to say that unless your running Crysis on max settings, your PC is actually decent.

All this being said, your PC should not be "lagging" unless you have like 30+ tabs open with flash in them, and running MSN messenger, steam, origin and IRC at the same time. allow me to give you a big protip: uninstall antivirus. people can bitch at me all they want but I'm going to say it straight, unless you are completely retarded with PCs its just a waist of CPU cycles / ram. the only way you get viruses is by "winning free trips" or "installing fancy 3d cursors" or "hot local chicks waiting to date you".

Here is how you avoid viruses:

Know your file-types
if you are downloading a picture, know that it will be of a picture format, i.e. .jpg, .png, .tiff, .gif, not a .exe file. the extension of a file-type and size of it tells you a lot about the file before you download it. If you are downloading a full out game like halo or half life, it should be around 1gb... not under 100mb. that being said, some games are under 100mb, namely dojins... but so long as you follow my next rule, you wont have to worry about it.

Download from reputable websites
DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER DOWNLOAD FROM THE PIRATE BAY! I DON'T CARE IF YOUR PARENTS/CHILDREN/COUSINS/BROTHERS/SISTERS/FRIENDS/GOD(S) AND PET DOWNLOAD FROM THE PIRATE BAY! IT IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A LAST RESORT IN EXTREME CASES! now that I had my rant on the pirate bay, let me move on. be very wary of where you download your stuff from. Mediafire, Megaupload, Fileserve, Filesonic, Rapidshare, and Filefront are all reputable sources to download files from. this is because most websites use these websites to host files, anime-sharing being one of them. if you are linked to a download from a website you know and trust, then feel confident about what you are downloading for it is most likely not a virus. if you are not sure about a website that you are downloading from, make use of google. google "[website name here] a scam?" or "Getting viruses from [website name here]". generally it will pull up a random forum somewhere where people discuss how legitimate or how much of a scam a website is. this takes me onto my next rule;

Always check comments / for comments
like I said above, check with Google to make sure the website you are downloading from is a legitimate website, not a scam one trying to give you viruses. As for torrents, make sure you are using a good website for downloading torrents. most good torrent websites will have a comments section for each torrent. Go there and see what other people are saying about the files before you go ahead and download them. If people are saying that it has viruses then it most likely has viruses, and if people are saying its clean, well then its probably clean :).

Don't fall for advertisements
legit. people do it all the time. "your computer has viruses, install our free virus scan", "hot sexy local chicks looking to date YOU", "awesome 3d emoticons for facebook", "YOU ARE SERIOUSLY THE 1,000,000TH USER TO VISIT THIS WEBSITE", "download thousands of free games today", etc. let me be the first to say it if nobody else has, your computer has no viruses there are no girls on the internet, refer to the internet rule stating something like "all females on the internet are actually males, all males are little kids, and all little kids are FBI agents waiting to trap you", the 3d emoticons are garbage and just a bad case of adware waiting to happen, why would a millionth visitor to a website get a free trip or anything in general and why download thousands of free games when you can play games for free on newgrounds.com, or download legit ones for next to nothing on steam? Ignore those stupid banners that say all sorts of unbelievable crap. 90% of "viruses" come from them in the first place.

USE A PROPER WEB BROWSER

if your cool and oldschool, use Firefox. if your system is weak and lacks power, use chrome. if your a Linux/BSD user than you are probably using something far better and advanced so just continue using that. if your a hipsterfag then use opera. safari and internet explorer are garbage... absolute garbage and nothing else. just to turn you off of safari even more, there was recently this hacking convention held by Google or something where they had guys hacking web browsers to find exploits to prevent hacking. Safari was hacked and all the user data (passwords, cc numbers, etc.) was stolen in about 5 seconds. Internet explorer wasn't far ahead with either 10 or 30 seconds... I forget which. people will talk about JavaScript infecting ones PC, but id say that so long as you are using a solid browser, you have nothing to fear :)

Don't piss off a hacker... or people in general
a lot of people claim to be "hackers" on the internet, but truly they are just little kids executing scripts that they don't understand shit about. I will not boast and agree that I am amongst those stupid kids who execute scripts, but I do have at least a general knowledge about how they work :P. If you do run into a hacker on the internet, back down and run away. the last thing you want to do is piss them off... because aint no antivirus gonna stop em. odds are you wont run into them unless you dig really deep on IRC / decide to take a trip to the darknet/deepweb. that being said, you should not access the deepweb on a windows based PC. Linux with JavaScript + flash disabled in the browser is the best way of going about that matter but its a whole different story altogether. for more information as to why antivirus would do jack shit against a hacker, refer to my signature :) (it is a true story)

Format every 6 months, once a year with Linux

No operating system is invincible. Some are better than others but all end up with errors over time. Whether it be fragmentation or registry errors, they all break down over time. Windows should generally be re installed, a fresh install once every 6 months to keep it fresh and fast. Linux will probably go for more than a year, but its always nice to update and see whats new in the distro (or it was until the Ubuntu team introduced unity /pukes). registry errors can be cleaned up with programs like ccleaner, but it is still a good idea to format :P.

Keep a backup drive, a Ubuntu stick and an OS nearby
we all fuck up. Its a proven fact that no human being is perfect and sometimes out of desperation we may download some totally sketchy file off of the pirate bay because we desire it so much that loosing a system is a small stepping stone on the path of achieving success. When we make this mistake, its not the end of the world. 80% of viruses are written for windows, the other 19% for mac (1% for Linux). this is why keeping Ubuntu on a stick nearby is a good idea. when your computer gets infested and your "Ram is failing", and you have to "buy our software to fix this issue", and you get sick of "enjoy this free offer" jumping up instead of the webpage you requested, it is time for a format. You will obviously have files on your computer that you want to keep or in some cases (like school) you NEED to keep. these viruses can attach themselves to a backup drive or even prevent you from backing up data. the best way to flip them the bird is to run Ubuntu off of a usb stick. buy a 4$ cheapo 2gb flash stick from staples or somewhere and dedicate it to being Ubuntu only. on startup, you can push f8 or f12 or f11 or f2 or exc or whatever button to change boot order / choose boot device. boot from the usb and your system will enter the Ubuntu installation. you probably wont want to install Ubuntu so just click try Ubuntu first. this way you can access your hard drive without being spammed with unwanted web pages / being told that your computer is failing / have the viruses carry over on the backup device. simply back up your files and then reboot your computer. drop the windows 95/98/2000/ME/CE/XP/Server2003/Vista/Server 2007/7/8 disk into the disk drive and boot to it. delete all your hard drives / partitions and choose to install to it. you have now removed the virus and saved your files from the infinite void of deletion.

I'm sure some IT expert somewhere is throwing a total shit fit over what I said above. TBH IDGAF about what he says and neither should you because I'd put my bets on he knows nothing outside of his paper. I've grown up on Computers and I've come to learn the ins and outs of them fairly well. To people who think I am trying to set some poor user up, if you understand anything about computers then let me say this to you. I have 3 computers, all running windows, with NO antivirus, NO other firewall other than what comes with windows, and EVERYTHING checked for sharing. If a security expert were to view my system, he would shit his pants and say "this is the worlds most unsecured pc". to top it all off, I have routed my internet in such a way that several ports are forwarded to my PCs 24/7 and DMZ is enabled for my server computer that runs 24/7/365. I follow everything I stated above and haven't had a virus on any of my PCs since I was 14... (that's like 3 years ago.)

It is now 5:52AM and the NOS I drank 5 hours ago is starting to loose its effect. I'm going down for the count tonight and with the way things are going, I may not be on for another month :(. If you guys wanna chat / want help, I will be on #anime-sharing on irc.rizon.net or better yet, you guys should all join #lounge on irc.entropynet.net. for help with using IRC and adding networks, feel free to review the poorly written tutorial I posted a few months back:

how_to_acess_anime_sharing_by_jupdown-d4i3vdb.png

hopefully I have helped someone tonight :). if not, then oh well \(-_-)/ I felt like typing a wall of text and I think I did a good job of achieving that :P. till next time all~

Signing off,

Subnet_Zero

p.s. I love neat, organized walls of text :3

Last edited:
5241 Hmm im gonna say its probably the random stuff i have open causing the lag :/ Dont had any viruses as far as i can tell

5242 i got infected too, but it's too troublesome to remove it so i had left it as it be

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

mizuno ai wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please reupload RJ264706? thx
dornhog wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi Nihonjaki90, if at all possible, could you reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/posts/6236814
Thanks so much
carlwangsg wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please update
✨Shine✨[ちなころ/えるふ茶園][JA/EN/ZH]極限改変・魔法少女ミスティックルーンver.0.3.0β
to ver.0.4.0β?

Thanks.