Crest of the Stars / Banner of the Stars I, II, III

zex marquise

Apr 23, 2014
The other day I recommended this show to a few friends, and I noticed that this series isn't available anywhere on the internet except as a torrent. Because of the current situation here in the USA, many people can't use torrents because of ISP auto-throttling. I was hoping that anime-sharing would be super special awesome and rectify the situation by making it available for direct download.

Crest of the Stars and its sequels are pretty much hands-down the greatest scifi anime ever made that wasn't Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's just on a completely different level from everything else. It's unavailability is a true tragedy. Bakabt stopped offering it at some point and even the Anime Legends DVDs are out of print so you can't even buy it now. Funimation recently re-licensed it to save it from complete oblivion, but there's no word on when they'll get around to actually doing anything with it, and it hasn't yet been remastered in Japan. Please save this endangered anime from the graveyard.

There are various fansubs out for the show, but the only good one in my humble opinion is Anime Fin. The subs are essentially the same as the other versions, but the names of the characters are readable/pronounceable (taken from the DVDs), which makes it the preferred choice. The other fansubs present the characters' names in a romanized alien language that is the definition of eye cancer. Seriously, it just makes you want to punch someone in the face everytime you see it and it detracts from the experience.

The series goes:
Crest of the Stars (Seikai no Monshou) - TV series
Crest of the Stars - Birth (Seikai no Danshou: Tanjou) - Bonus Episode
Banner of the Stars (Seikai no Senki) - TV series
Banner of the Stars II - TV series
Banner of the Stars III - OVA

Banner of the Stars III's best version is subbed by AonE-Conclave since Anime Fin never translated that one and the ANBU version is missing several scenes.

I don't know what format Banner of the Stars is in since I actually own them on DVD, but I do know that Crest of the Stars is in .ogm (and still plays perfectly fine on VLC). If anybody wants to be super hardcore and remux it into .mkv, the KAA version of Crest did have slightly better video quality.

Reactions: fguelffstan
@dpred1 That is extremely awesome, thank you very much. You've been a big help. :D

I am still looking for the Anime Fin or Exiled Destiny versions of Crest of the Stars, as I would like to compare their quality to the Kick Ass Anime version hosted on chauthanh.

Does anyone know where the [BSEnc] version of Crest of the Stars can be found? I can't use torrents and can't find it anywhere for direct download besides animetosho, which doesn't have all the episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

gblok123 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine, could you reup this one please? Thank you.
[230609][家庭菜園] 未熟なわたしを棄てないで。 [RJ01057468]
Pabloescobar49 wrote on Esan's profile.
Hello can u reupload

[190927][BISHOP] 家属~母と姉妹の嬌声

yuuri69 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello!
Could you please upload the update for this? S2 is out. Tysm as always! https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/☄️release☄️-240219-アブラカダブラ-blood-domination.1452672/
ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01132789 RJ01129278 RJ01129241 RJ01114376 RJ01133512 RJ01133397 in mexa ? thx
Timurama wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Hello, may i ask you to reup dame zettai games at your leisure, please? even rapidgator links are expired already