Eye Spy & What Am I?

[MENTION=2313]maru[/MENTION]; Hmm three steps as in how?

Split the spheres into two groups (two groups of six) and put them on opposite sides of the scale to see which side it tips~
Split the two groups again (four groups of three) and test it against the group that it was split from~ This should reveal the weight of the odd sphere and which group it is in~
Take the group with the odd sphere and test two of the spheres on the scale~ If it tips then you should know which sphere it is since youve found out its weight and if it doesnt then its the sphere you didnt test~

[MENTION=2313]maru[/MENTION]; Hmm three steps as in how?

Split the spheres into two groups (two groups of six) and put them on opposite sides of the scale to see which side it tips~
Split the two groups again (four groups of three) and test it against the group that it was split from~ This should reveal the weight of the odd sphere and which group it is in~
Take the group with the odd sphere and test two of the spheres on the scale~ If it tips then you should know which sphere it is since youve found out its weight and if it doesnt then its the sphere you didnt test~

Looks like this one also works to me. Very similar to my solution; you could potentially start with any number of balls. In fact, starting with one on each side would be an easy 2 step solution.

I'm pretty sure there are actually several different solutions to this. Unless I am forgetting something, my solution with groups of two should also work.

Separate into groups of two and weigh to find which set of four has a difference (note which side tips).
Split into groups of one and weigh to find which scale has a difference (note which side tips).

By comparing which side tips in the first step, and then which set of scales tip in the second, you can deduce both which set it is, and whether it is the lighter or heavier marble/sphere/orb/whatever.

I guess it is somewhat dubious as to how you define a "step" though, which could basically have whatever boundaries you like, but I would split them up into cognitive steps such as these. :)

Lol well mine sort of has 4 steps if you count the comparing groups thingy as two =w=

Maybe we should just suggest the best solution, then?

Groups of 1. Test all. One scale tipped. Test both against others. Voila.

Hmm... sure xD But now we need to see if that counts as too many steps or not ;p

Well, that one used at MOST 3 steps, since it is kind of ridiculous if you count noting that a scale tipped to be a step, and I would count splitting them into groups and placing on scales one step as well (not like you make groups and then put them on scales, you just put them on the scales). :P

Hmm you mean to put them all in their own group and putting each on a separate scale with one of the opposite side dont you? xD

Hmm you mean to put them all in their own group and putting each on a separate scale with one of the opposite side dont you? xD

Yep. If you do it like that you should end up with 2 steps. That is why I originally chose groups of 2, which should give 3 steps. XD

Yes but does that mean that using each scale isnt a separate step?~ Lol we need to drag maru over =w=

Ok, one will be hevier than opposite side
But how do you know which one of them has within a difference sphere?
We don't know
Is a defect sphere Havier or lighter?

Here is right way

1. Shperes #1, #2, #3 we put on left cup. Spheres #4, #5, #6 we put on right cup
If scales are balanced, we know that a defect sphere in leftover spheres

Let scalaes disbalance to right side. For us it's mean that we should find in spheres on scales

2. Balls #1 & #4 we put on left side, balls #2 & #5 on right, balls 3 & #6 we remove
If scales are balanced, wrong ball is #3 or #6. If scales are still disbalanced to right, a wrong ball is #1 or #5.
If scales disbalaced to left side a wrong ball is still on scales but on diffirent cup, he is #2 or #4.

Let scales disbalancing to right. Wrong ball is #1 or #5

3.Ball #1 we put on left cup. Ball #2 we put on right. If scales are disbalanced wrong ball on scales, and that is ball#1.
If scales are balanced, wrong ball is #5

Last edited:
[MENTION=2313]maru[/MENTION]; while that is indeed a valid answer, mine and sam's answers also work, I do believe.

[MENTION=2313]maru[/MENTION]; while that is indeed a valid answer, mine and sam's answers also work, I do believe.
Sad to say but here is no right answers
For your way to find need more then three sets

Separate into groups of two and weigh to find which set of four has a difference (note which side tips).
Split into groups of one and weigh to find which scale has a difference (note which side tips).
It seems like you need pretty more than three sets

It seems like you need pretty more than three sets

Oh I think I've figured it out. :)
I had thought it might be fishy with the answer you gave me earlier, so I think I accidentally confused you.

Do you have more than one set of scales?
Yes, of course

I think that you actually meant that we could use the (one) scale more than once, not that there was more than one set of scales. :P

Mine (and iirc Sam's) solutions work very efficiently if you have more than one set of scales, which in turn reduce step count. However if you only have one set of scales to work with, and placing objects on it is considered a step, then your solution is indeed the best one that I can think of as well. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01153713 RJ01137636 RJ01157076 RJ01136596 RJ01142437 RJ01150353 RJ01153510 in mexa ? thx
usako wrote on HentaiCovid's profile.
Can you please update this bro?
RJ01206251
dlsite link: https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01206251.html

Current version:ver1.200

❀Own Bought❀ [2024.07.17][RR研究会] AvariceDungeon デバフカードや状態異常だらけの男性受けデッキ構築ローグライト [RJ01206251][Ver.1.101]
Bambang24 wrote on lapulzi's profile.
MapleHutCat
https://mypikpak.com/s/VO9mewB2u6ng5m8M4L-LTkY8o1

This is a video of maplehutcat from the beginning until now (excluding Mualani, Xilonen, and Burnice), please upload it on your pikpak or on any cloud storage because my premium pikpak has only 1 day left.
XChaosX wrote on zhonyk's profile.
Hello, could you please update the share for this game with the latest 1.201 version?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200601-kichurea-ヴィルネーメレト-rj289056-【ver23-08-24】.1398778/
XChaosX wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hello, could you please update the share for this game with the latest 1.201 version?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200601-kichurea-ヴィルネーメレト-ver1-1b-2023-08-24-rj289056.958576/