[LPW #119] Wishing you Happy Valentine’s Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'morning people...^_^!

Lol, if I this not activate...
11077.jpg
...Give up finally Shin...:bored:
:nekopara_patpat:
Shi you silly silly evil spirit. You're previous card prevents the use of traps. That cannot activate on my magic use because traps don't work until AFTER I cast. You have defeated yourself and blown up the lpw.
Shin wins!
:chuuni_yay:

/me goes back to bed.
:chuuni_zzz:

:nekopara_patpat:
Shi you silly silly evil spirit. You're previous card prevents the use of traps. That cannot activate on my magic use because traps don't work until AFTER I cast. You have defeated yourself and blown up the lpw.
Shin wins!
:chuuni_yay:

/me goes back to bed.
:chuuni_zzz:
Lol, there is still a chance for me...
IMG_0009.jpg
...Look, he is too much for you...:bored:

Nee Franky-kun, kimi wa wa ga mikata ni naru hoshii no ka...?:bored:

Well, am' again in few hours back guys, where then... Later people...:bored:

Shi cast a spell setting off the explosive tags I put all over the place.
/me thought they were seal tags.

Off to work.
:puniko_bye:

Hi all! :megane_coffee:

Well, that was quite a grueling Magic weekend.

Friday night, I finished 3rd of 12 in the draft tournament.

The Saturday 1k had 54 players, and like Shi said, the competition was savage. Everyone brought their "A" game.

The tournament started with 6 rounds. After that stage, the top 8 continued with elimination matches to determine winners and prizes.

After 5 rounds, I stood 3-2. A win in the last round would get me to the final 8. Unfortunately...

I got hit with some of the worst luck ever. In a best of three match, we split the first two games 1-1. In game 3, I had my opponent down to 2 life, I had 17. Knock him down to 0, and I win.

We both had used up our hands, and were topdecking (draw a card to an empty hand) for plays. I had no creatures, he had two little creatures.

All I had to do was draw one spell to finish him off. But...

I proceeded to draw 6 lands in a row... 6 turns, and all I was getting was land which, at that stage, was useless.

He just kept dinking me for three points of damage a turn, till he got me.

Finished 3-3, and out of the top 8.

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! :chuuni_reality:

I am totally exhausted... completely spent. :nekopara_dead:

Oh, how cruel fate, c'mon to Shi's shoulder and cry out Leg... I'm sure that you next time get it...:nekopara_patpat:

Edit: Welcome Leg!

Oh, how cruel fate, c'mon to Shi's shoulder and cry out Leg... I'm sure that you next time get it...:nekopara_patpat:

Edit: Welcome Leg!

Unfortunately, that's the breaks of the game.

I'm happy with the deck's performance overall. But like any card game, luck plays a factor.

One match I won was against a top ranked player who had a cocky "You are so dead," attitude. He expected to cruise to the top 8. I crushed him 2-0. He ended up missing the top 8 by a half point. :evillaugh:

Unfortunately, that's the breaks of the game.

I'm happy with the deck's performance overall. But like any card game, luck plays a factor.

One match I won was against a top ranked player who had a cocky "You are so dead," attitude. He expected to cruise to the top 8. I crushed him 2-0. He ended up missing the top 8 by a half point. :evillaugh:

Well, this then a chance for a new Start.

At least did you again about your decks their weakness and strength found out, what this for the next matches sure still usable be will.

Oh, that face impression had I really like seen of him...^_^

BTW, are these tournaments on some blogs live to follow (Live video report maybe)?

In the professional ranks, the top tournaments do have blogs and live coverage.

The results, and the decks of the winners get listed.

For example, here's the deck lists for the top 8 in a recent invitational qualifier.

http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/deckshow.php?event_ID=29&t%5BT1%5D=1&start_date=2015-02-15&end_date=2015-02-15&state=GA&city=McDonough&order_1=finish&limit=8&t_num=1&action=Show+Decks

This brings up an interesting type of player called a "net decker." A net decker takes a list of a posted winning deck, and makes a copy for himself.

The downside, is net deckers don't have a real understanding of deck building, or the designer's intentions. They just want to win at all costs.

I've beaten many net deckers because they don't really understand their decks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

mothi wrote on ramori's profile.
This will be released tomorrow. Please post it when it's released.
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax-touch/announce/=/product_id/RJ01280589.html
mothi wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
mothi wrote on Shine's profile.
mothi wrote on HentaiCovid's profile.
ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01154730 RJ01157740 RJ01123403 RJ01039200 RJ01152774 RJ01152829 in mexa ? thx