Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can tell from the error is that it is right at the start of memory, so I would guess it is not driver based. :runaway:

1.Try: check your HDD via command (cmd.exe in search bar under startbutton) "chkdsk /f /r" in the cmd.exe window. (star as admin! forgot it <.<) Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHKDSK

2.Try: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html (this gives you the best option to solve this at the best point) windows does some mini-dumps with better informations

notice: this error causes because of unlimited errors, while SSD's are going insane becaue of some outdated drivers (sandforce or similar drivers), your system could have everything else. This sucks indeed :sigh:

my best tip: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en

was close to google it but windows got every error on their site so it's easy to determine what it could be (when it's a closer error-description <.<)

Helpful site: http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm
this is the exact error.
stop: 0x000000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa8010017b30, oxfffffa8010017e10, 0xfffff800035947b0)

sfc shows no integrity violations.

That is my guess too. You could try looking for some kind of registry checker, but those always seem dodgy to me.
Also I'm not sure, but I don't think that people could give you more help just by adding more memory locations (everything like 0x00000000.....)

So.....replacing then....I was going to eventually anyway since I want my OS and games on an SSD...

registry checker... they're just fine when u got some file extensions which are not used, you can profit from it with a faster start but a reg. cleaner may only damage instead of repair something. CCleaner e.g. tries to be the most helpful but in case of sensitiveness it's only removing unused entries. Nothing special I guess but I'm far away from reading errors directly from it's message especially because every hardware is different. In case that a memory is damaged you should put some more Vcore on it (like 1.5 to 1.6) and everything could be fine. But in the most cases it's really the HDD, sometimes you can solve an error with bugfixes (firmwareupdate) but when the HDD has major damage it will spit out the error more frequently till it's going to heaven (does heaven exist for HDD's?)

:laughpanda:

So it's just a guess where it could be. When you use a SSD from OCZ, they're often throwing out this 0x0...F4 because people are using old firmware which is corrupted (I don't get it why 20 years ago everything hardware based was tested till it was "bug-less or -free") and now they're throwing corrupted firmware on the market. Maybe to get some SSD back from customers who aren't that into helping themselves to get legal the SSD usage informations? I really don't want to know that, the world is cruel enough to be like this.

oh my... when I talk about computers I'm getting afraid as you can see :sigh:

It's a 7200 rpm 1TB HDD....

That kind of information doesn't really help :P

You most likely need a new HDD, same thing happened to my brother about two months ago (lots of bluescreens, and programs freezing/crashing). We both figured it was probably the HDD (used when he got it like 4 years ago), so he replaced that and no problems since. I'd get data you want to keep off of there at your earliest convenience. If you are looking to build a new PC anyways, you should look at some way of backing up your files.

Evo 840 series are getting good points worldwide AFAIK

but I'm using only a small 128gb SanDisk (price/performance = excellent) and I'm fine for as low as 110€ 18 months ago, so I can't tell you if it's good or not, haven't tested :goodtea:

And as long as your drive is working, you'll be able to transfer files to another drive

I can afford it...I just hope I can save my torrent folder...

I'm thinking of this SSD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147249

I only brought it up since cram was talking about SSDs.

If you just want your OS and program on it, 500GB is pretty overkill. On my computer at home I have a 124GB SSD, and I have an OS, all programs, and a couple games on it with plenty of room to spare.
For a better bang for your buck you might want get a ~120GB SSD, and 2x 2 terabyte HDDs (which all together would be close to the same price as that one SSD XD).

....damn I was hoping to hit lvl 50 this weekend...at least my surface pro is still working...

I currently have 300ish GB of games on that HDD.

I guess if you want them all on it all the time, and money isn't an issue, you might as well.

Otherwise just move the games over whenever you want to play them.

I would like to point out that I am playing all those games...well...I was...

You wish T.

Games like Anno 2070 would extremely profit from a SSD but in a normal case it's not necessary (or is it?)

anyway, I got my programs + programming things + virtual enviroment for linux (they're over 70gb together lol ) and Win7 on my SSD with 2 games and I'm close to 100gb (depending on temporary files). So you're fine with 120gb for programs + windows only. Photoshop and so on are really profiting while using a SSD but other programs... well, it's your choice. If you got the money buy 240gb and you can play many games on it or you're taking as FinalPyre said some magentic drives instead.

just got the lightning returns demo downloaded....maybe I should beat 2...spoilers...man I have no idea what's going on....

just got the lightning returns demo downloaded....maybe I should beat 2...spoilers...man I have no idea what's going on....

if you beat 13-2 you still won't have any idea what is going on lol

wb nanashi why the sigh?
[MENTION=55154]Shinseph[/MENTION]; lol how do you play that many games at once XD
For most games, the only place where it will benefit from being on SSD are initial load times, and maaaaybe some load times in game. For the most part it isn't going to bump up frame rates. If you load lots of hi res textures it should help. If you want more bang for your buck, I would get a decent storage solution (some HDDs in Raid or something similar), but if you have the money, why the hell not :D

wow im just taking a break from 13 XD thought id come on and see how everyone's doing since i got bored of grinding

I switch around a lot. Some are just waiting on DLC.

...that was a short demo...

Hey zad:hi: I guess I'm doing alright...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Deladela2000 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hello, Nihonjaki90. Could you please re-upload
this? Thanks
Jelly-filled Donut wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Dear, Nihonjaki90. Would you reupload both of these please? I'd like to confirm the differences between them myself. Thanks.
交姦条件 getchu ver.
交姦条件 dlsite ver.
Jelly-filled Donut wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine, can I ask for a reupload of an old title?
巨乳従妹姉妹の家