Some stuff that I drew.

[MENTION=7468]Gigatron[/MENTION]
Ahaha we have the same problem.. I don't finish my works mostly because I can't ink them correctly.
But in your case, inking often will probably fix it :D

[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION]
Its all in the hand control XD Without some pencil caps tho, most of my dark pencils (5B to darker) break :|
Pencil caps.... are so very darn rare here. And drawing pencils are expensive too ugh. I usually use 0.5 mech pencil tho. I keep and 4H and a 5B in my bag, just in case..... I forget to load lead ahaha

These pictures are well drawn and you pay attention to details too :). I wish I can draw facial expression and such...

Reactions: Gigatron
[MENTION=26902]altsi[/MENTION] Hmm they didnt come in a box or some other container? Though my backpack loves breaking pencils and stuff no matter how soft... I find that 4B is dark enough for most purposes though i usually just use a normal pencil for drawings xD Pressing harder can get decently dark tons from it~

I just use a mechanical pencil with regular leads, me. I am fairly partial about the thickness of the leads. I like the line that 0.5 leads give me because it allows me to do small details.

I didn't used to care about the hardness until I bought "H" hardness leads without thinking about it. I found the lines to be too faint with that hardness. Now I only stick to "HB" hardness because it's just dark enough without being too dark. Erases cleanly and gives a nice line without having to press too hard.

I feel like I want to update this thread with more stuff, but I have nothing new to share, so maybe you might be interested in something old?

These are the same characters from the supermarket manga plan I told about earlier in the thread. These pictures were made before the ones I posted first, when the characters were still being developed.

They're pretty close to their final designs here, although a few details are different, some characters don't exist yet (and are thus excluded), and my own drawing style changed a bit since these were made. Please be gentle, lol, as I was still learning when I drew these.

Last edited:
That restaurant looks like a store of sorts xD So much stuff around~ Btw boris still looks funneh xD

Hmm the beach... ok xD Pocari Sweat~

[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION]: Thanks~ Yes Boris is one of my favourites to draw. And of course, you can't go the beach without a cold can of Pocari, innit? Yep, the restaurant is full of stuff on the shelves behind the bar, as it is in real life.

Not the best drawings, but I really enjoyed making them, and I learned a lot.

I have recently been working on sketches of each individual characters in various outfits (as reference sheets), and I would like to post them here to get everyone's opinion on their designs. They're not ready yet but I want to hopefully finish them soon.

Hmm pocari is expensive here... D: Dont get to drink much :/

Lol seems like an interesting restaurant~ Most of the ones now are quite plain with just a few paintings on the wall... well some have themes and stuff but those are fancyish...

Best way to learn is by doing... well some people can learn learn without... but i like having stuff to play with xD

Hmm... might make another manga of sorts?~

Lol seems like an interesting restaurant~ Most of the ones now are quite plain with just a few paintings on the wall... well some have themes and stuff but those are fancyish...

This one's not very fancy (which I like), it's a small restaurant with a really quaint look. Looks almost exactly like the type of corner restaurants one would normally find in Japan.

Hmm... might make another manga of sorts?~

I doubt it. I'm referring to the same supermarket project, having pretty much finalised each character's design, so I'm making their reference sheets. I say this, but chances are, I'm never actually going to get around to writing/drawing the book...

But hey, drawing them is still fun, and that's what matters.

Hmm yes~ The more... natural? look... or well not modern anyhow xD Somewhat like it didnt change with the times or something~ Reminiscent of older restaurants~

Lol well even if you dont get around to drawing the book... well this would help should you want to start some time? xD

This one's not very fancy (which I like), it's a small restaurant with a really quaint look. Looks almost exactly like the type of corner restaurants one would normally find in Japan.

I doubt it. I'm referring to the same supermarket project, having pretty much finalised each character's design, so I'm making their reference sheets. I say this, but chances are, I'm never actually going to get around to writing/drawing the book...

But hey, drawing them is still fun, and that's what matters.

yes, fun is what matter~

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted on this forum. 0_0

Anyway, I bought a sketchbook. I drew some stuff in it, and now I wanna share it. I have three things to post so far:

Last edited:
More accurate as in the designs of stuff? x3

Wondering if mayumi's head is a bit big in the second one xD Seems like it is so anyway~

The last one seems quite amusing xD

oh~ this is pretty good. I like how fluid some of the poses look! Definitely some good technical skill here too. You do (like many other good artists I know) however make the heads rather large compared to the body. Useful to do a quick body outline and so you can see how they look before you start filling it in (though even with this, I still make heads too big pretty often OTL).

I should also say, I really like well-drawn shoes, and you're not too shabby at them! :D

Thank you both~ :D

Accurate as in the equipment, how it's worn, etc.

Yes, I will very much agree that the heads are on the large side as compared to their bodies, but that's largely intentional as I like that look (the works that have most influenced my style are like this as well). I always do make a body outline to set up the poses beforehand but my heads are always drawn a bit bigger to (attempt to) give them a cuter childlike look regardless of their ages.

That being said, Mayumi's head did come out a little bigger than I usually go for on that one. I'm not too good at doing the back-turned, looking-back pose.

I can't take credit for the shoes though. I can't stand when I draw shoes poorly so I always look up a picture and use it as a reference.

Using a reference is a tool, like your pencil. I expected that you had looked at some (though I know after a while you could do them that well in your head). You still put in the effort and they turned out well. :)

So here's some more stuff. I noticed that I was neglecting my male characters somewhat, so I focused on them for a bit.

Opinions welcomed as always.

As much as I would like to post more, these might be the last ones I post, because it's a pain to scan them in (have to use the scanner at work).

Last edited:
Your stuff are nice and clean. Have you ever thought of becoming a mangaka? You got potential. Keep it up. D

Thank you all for the nice words! ^_^

Your stuff are nice and clean. Have you ever thought of becoming a mangaka? You got potential. Keep it up. D

My original intention was to make a manga out of these characters, just for fun, but in the end I decided not to because I had no idea what I was doing, haha. Plus I'm a terrible writer. But it's really kind of you to say I have potential, though I don't think I could ever be as good as real manga artists.

I'm sure with practice you can write good story. You don't have to worry about being bad at writing, I too am bad at writing. Manga is all about showing emotion through the art work. And you have idea of what you want it to be. ^__^

Unlike you, I just draw random stuffs....

Hmm maybe you could do something where someone writes the story for you and you do the drawing? xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01141716 RJ01146498 RJ01150335 RJ01153620 RJ01163717 RJ01167361 in mexa ? thx
mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
✨Shine✨[240726][HOOKSOFT] シークレットラブ(仮)豪華限定版 + Tokuten Voice + Bonus (Crack)

Please re-upload
material wrote on Shine's profile.
This game has been updated to v1.0.6 and some CGs have been added.
Could you please upload the latest version?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240911-ンジャna-callgate-ver1-04-eng-jpn-chn-rj01259041.1544620/