[Discussions] SOTM#25 - March / April / May 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
『It looks nice but am I the only one who somehow reads ANDIE-SHARING instead of ANIME? xD』

it looks nice Mad :)

Also people i am in deep thoughts...

Should i change my Entry???

I kind feel that i am not satisfy

What are you saying about this sig? (It's an old sig that i have never used and i modified for SOTM purpose)

Sniper_Girl_SOTM_25.png

Well, if you're not satisfied with your entry, go ahead and change it if you believe you have a better one. As for that Sniper Girl sig, it does look pretty nice. Maybe better if the drop shadows are consistent with the lighting. IF I made a similar style sig, I'd probably use a broken down wall for the background with the text in graffiti style.

I'd also appreciate it if you guys can provide feedback on my entry. The render is Ruby (from RWBY; credits to the guy who extracted it) and the background is made from scratch. I have joined some sig competitions in other small anime forums, but I've never really got any criticisms so I don't know how I could improve my designs. Yoroshiku.

Well, if you're not satisfied with your entry, go ahead and change it if you believe you have a better one. As for that Sniper Girl sig, it does look pretty nice. Maybe better if the drop shadows are consistent with the lighting. IF I made a similar style sig, I'd probably use a broken down wall for the background with the text in graffiti style.

I did that way because the background wanted to look more wild and something bad-ass and the writing is almost the old military seal so i liked that way, The coloring it's also army / military looking. And i keep the original ground dust of the render. as for shadows well if there was not been a shoot and there is no light out of the gun barrel there isn't a point making the shadows be consistent with the lighting but you give me an idea add-in a bullet an the light back of the bullet making the effect possible...

The idea with the broken down wall it would work much better with this render that i made some months ago

This Black / Grey Gunner Girl Jokey + Bag + Phone Render is up.

GunnerGirlJokeyBagPhone.png~original

Well the ruby render is sharp and nice i see the backslash up and bottom looks nice. i would like to have something more in the dark black areas some images with less opacity to fill in. The Font style is very nice and some what technological Sci-Fi looking style with nice effect. Overall is a very nice signature.

I did that way because the background wanted to look more wild and something bad-ass and the writing is almost the old military seal so i liked that way, The coloring it's also army / military looking. And i keep the original ground dust of the render. as for shadows well if there was not been a shoot and there is no light out of the gun barrel there isn't a point making the shadows be consistent with the lighting but you give me an idea add-in a bullet an the light back of the bullet making the effect possible...

The idea with the broken down wall it would work much better with this render that i made some months ago

This Black / Grey Gunner Girl Jokey + Bag + Phone Render is up.

GunnerGirlJokeyBagPhone.png~original

Well the ruby render is sharp and nice i see the backslash up and bottom looks nice. i would like to have something more in the dark black areas some images with less opacity to fill in. The Font style is very nice and some what technological Sci-Fi looking style with nice effect. Overall is a very nice signature.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll keep it in mind. I was also thinking of filling up the empty spaces with more particles or C4Ds, but decided not to in the end to keep the focus on the character and text. But I'll try putting more stuff in it and still keep the focus.

『Well, I don't think I'm that experienced as to give advises to people, but I think you should put something to help discern character from the background when they are of close color~』

nice competition is running here!

Is it possible for me to participate too?

I am still new here at the forum so i don't know if i am allowed it (My first hours here).

But all the signatures are very nice!

『Of course, anyone can participate as long as they are forum's member I guess xD』

『I think the time limit is by the end of this month. (or at least until Pinky comes online afterwards~)』

i was experiencing many background but that was the most favorable to select.

it's OK i made a 500x250? i used to have 500x250 or 500x200 signature back at the community that i came from.

『Since it says "within 500x300" a bit smaller should be okay ^_^』

Open theme. Free for all!

Anyway, here's my v2 with the suggestions incorporated. Added some more particles, blurred some parts, adjusted some lighting, added a few more effects. I don't know how it appears to others, but it looks really chaotic to me. I got used to making sigs that have more empty spaces. Plus the fact that I'm still an amateur.
AVkWQLX.png

I see you're using c4d for additional effects.
My advice, your works looks darker and i can't barely see the character inside it.
Give it some light on some dark spot and i'm sure it'll looks more better :)

Last edited:
Open theme. Free for all!

Anyway, here's my v2 with the suggestions incorporated. Added some more particles, blurred some parts, adjusted some lighting, added a few more effects. I don't know how it appears to others, but it looks really chaotic to me. I got used to making sigs that have more empty spaces. Plus the fact that I'm still an amateur.
AVkWQLX.png

Sorry Lily but i see no different XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

RXxxxxx wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,
The latest version of Bloodroot, ver.1.1.5.0, is out. Could you upload this?
Thx!
mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
✨Shine✨[240215][umyn] 異世界転生マジカルチンポ 完全版 [RJ01154724]
Please re-upload
Elaina-San wrote on UFO's profile.
Hii! do you by any chance have this post archive by でじまら or dejimara? FANBOX 2023年05月号 the one that includes Elaina?
Thanks!
Redlof wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ154687.html & https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ269035.html (mexa or rosefile) & Part 3 of this on mexa if it's not a problem - https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ262921.html (threads too long to link, sorry)