What are You Listening to right Now?

[MENTION=125617]Gamerguy[/MENTION]; do you also like k-pop?:reallyconfused: this was the video i first discovered about this group lol

Oh nice :D
well i'm more of a J-Pop person but tend to enjoy some K-Pop too every once in a while :D

playing Star Ocean on the SNES.The OST is awesome and one of the best 16 bit jrpg soundtracks ever.Not as good as Chrono Trigger or FF3/6 maybe...but very close.memorable and still fun to listen after/between playing...

Final Fantasy 6 "仲間を求めて" (Searching For Friends) arr. Yuzoboy

original music

Please forgive me but.....i think FF7 is ( along with Pokemon....) the most overrated Game EVER !!! Yoroshiku ne ~ ^_^"

[MENTION=73641]KenShjIN[/MENTION];
Hi!
Well, it depends on how you define "overrate", since there are various ways to rate the game.

If we look at the game sales, FF7 is the very best of the series.
  1. FF7: 10m worldwide, of which 3.3m in Japan.
  2. FF8: 8.6m worldwide, of which 3.7m in Japan
  3. FF10: 6.2m worldwide, of which 2.5m in Japan
  4. FF13: 5.6m worldwide, of which 1.9m in Japan
  5. FF9: 5.4m worldwide, of which 2.8m in Japan
  6. FF12: 5.1m worldwide, of which 2.4m in Japan
  7. FF6: 3.4m worldwide, of which 2.6m in Japan
  8. FF5: 2.6m worldwide, of which 2.4m in Japan
  9. FF4: 1.4m in Japan
  10. FF3: 1.4m in Japan
  11. FF2: 0.8m in Japan
  12. FF1: 0.5m in Japan
If we mention game reviews and metascores, it's true that FF7 has been highly praised by the western game communities. As you see the numbers above, FF7 and subsequent titles are mainly sold overseas. It seems like they started having a passion for the series from FF7.
If we think of social influence on the Japanese game market, FF7 was possibly the most influential game after Mario and Zelda. FF7, along with other popular PS games, put an end to Nintendo's dominance in the game industry (If I remember correctly, SNES had a 80%+ share of the domestic market in early 90s'), and then Japanese game industry entered the era of fierce competition between Nintendo, Sony, Sega and others.
If you talk about a taste in game, I must say each has their own. My personal preference is FF5 > 6 > 7 > 4 > 9.

Last edited:
Straight to bed... haha, tinkered with old broken song, found the alternative, although after 2 years.

Last edited:
Final Fantasy 6 "仲間を求めて" (Searching For Friends) arr. Yuzoboy

original music

[MENTION=73641]KenShjIN[/MENTION];
Hi!
Well, it depends on how you define "overrate", since there are various ways to rate the game.

If we look at the game sales, FF7 is the very best of the series.
  1. FF7: 10m worldwide, of which 3.3m in Japan.
  2. FF8: 8.6m worldwide, of which 3.7m in Japan
  3. FF10: 6.2m worldwide, of which 2.5m in Japan
  4. FF13: 5.6m worldwide, of which 1.9m in Japan
  5. FF9: 5.4m worldwide, of which 2.8m in Japan
  6. FF12: 5.1m worldwide, of which 2.4m in Japan
  7. FF6: 3.4m worldwide, of which 2.6m in Japan
  8. FF5: 2.6m worldwide, of which 2.4m in Japan
  9. FF4: 1.4m in Japan
  10. FF3: 1.4m in Japan
  11. FF2: 0.8m in Japan
  12. FF1: 0.5m in Japan
If we mention game reviews and metascores, it's true that FF7 has been highly praised by the western game communities. As you see the numbers above, FF7 and subsequent titles are mainly sold overseas. It seems like they started having a passion for the series from FF7.
If we think of social influence on the Japanese game market, FF7 was possibly the most influential game after Mario and Zelda. FF7, along with other popular PS games, put an end to Nintendo's dominance in the game industry (If I remember correctly, SNES had a 80%+ share of the domestic market in early 90s'), and then Japanese game industry entered the era of fierce competition between Nintendo, Sony, Sega and others.
If you talk about a taste in game, I must say each has their own. My personal preference is FF5 > 6 > 7 > 4 > 9.

Ok...First let me say thank you you took the time to think about it and you took the time to answer.Well...I dont give a damn about reviews,metascore or influence....Yea i know back in the 90´s FF7 was awesome ( compared to earlier ff games...) But i think it aged horribly...I played it first around 2002 or such and i couldn´t understand whats so super special since there were so many better games at that time...Still i understand it was awesome for those who played it when released....FF 8/9 were better games.Just IMHO....

Yea i know back in the 90´s FF7 was awesome (compared to earlier ff games...) But i think it aged horribly...I played it first around 2002 or such and i couldn´t understand whats so super special since there were so many better games at that time...Still i understand it was awesome for those who played it when released....FF 8/9 were better games.Just IMHO....

Oh, I see. You were talking about your impression of FF7.
I find ppl asking similar questions on Japanese forum from time to time.

FF7って当時どれぐらいすごかったの?
(How awesome was FF7 at the time?)
FF7の凄さはリアルタイムでやってた奴しかわからないという風潮(Only those who played FF7 in its day understand how great it is)

I think you have a point. Although FF7 was an epoch-making game, maybe it wasn't so special in graphics and the evolution was done from SNES standard and its awesomeness can't be distinguished from others once it becomes a new standard.
If I play Atari's Pong, I will have no clue how great it was in its day lol.

Last edited:
Oh, I see. You were talking about your impression of FF7.
I find ppl asking similar questions on Japanese forum from time to time.

FF7って当時どれぐらいすごかったの?
(How awesome was FF7 at the time?)
FF7の凄さはリアルタイムでやってた奴しかわからないという風潮(Only those who played FF7 in its day understand how great it is)

I think you have a point. Although FF7 was an epoch-making game, maybe it wasn't super special in graphics and the evolution was done from SNES standard and its awesomeness can't be distinguished from others once it becomes a new standard.
If I play Atari's Pong, I will have no clue how great it was in its day lol.

Well that Pong analogy is lol....Aerith´s death was a wow moment and maybe the only reason to play FF7 ( as everyone was talking about back then....) FF3/6,Chrono Trigger were better games....and classics still worth to be played today.FF7 is just for those who enjoyed it back in the days...No one today cares about.With FF8/9,Dragon Warrior,Valkyrie Profile,Xenogears,Later on the PS2 Ico,Shadow of the Colossus,FF 10,11,12 Dragon quest 7 just to name a few... Who really cares about FF7 ? Classic...yes.Still great today....NO !.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

marcusfinly wrote on gengariscool's profile.
Thanks once again for all of the great posts
locus_ wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi shine,can u update this one?thank you
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240705-魔界あ号営業所-復讐者の闇取引-ver24-07-30-rj01153473.1510241/
walls. wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Would it be possible to upload?
RJ386792
RJ433328
RJ140657
RJ181779
ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01161948 RJ01154533 RJ01150027 RJ01161634 RJ01129899 RJ01129041 RJ01129001 RJ01108282 in mexa ? thx