Fixed I think, that the mentions and quotes a bug have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanashi1

One of countless souls...
Elite Member
Jul 5, 2012
Well, I write this, because since Sunday quite error mentions and quotes get:

If I a mention or a quote get, then of course click I on the notification, what but always the old mentions and quotes on the list shows (but if I me log out and then again log in, then see I the current mention/quote-list status), but if I get a current mention/quote, then leads me often to a wrong thread or to a whole wrong section (e.g.: I've from Darky2 (Dark Angel) actually from LPW a mention get, but the mention has me to a old mentioning lead, what I already this earlier get have, and this post already seen have). But that is not only at me so, how itself meanwhile found has - it's also at Darky2...

Well, can that maybe check, Admins?:goodtea:~>

[MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION];

Is your problem resolved or how to reproduce it?

Upvote 0
[MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION];

Is your problem resolved or how to reproduce it?

Sorry for the delayed reply for it works Good.

If you want to reproduce the problem try a mention or quote someone and some time it's even mentioned your self when you mention or quote someone else

The quote or mention will be done for you,but the mention or quotes some times that i had reply to you will come to much later for me.

But us i said before for the time been is OK!

I will make later some mentions and quotes and i will wait Also i will make and a screen-shoot if you need it :)

Reactions: Panos X10A
Upvote 0
I have been quote by you, and a few others (a few times a day) but so far I haven't experienced any persistent notification

Upvote 0
[MENTION=3]Checkmate[/MENTION]; the problem is the delayed time to be notify. Otherwise the notifications are coming there is no problem in that!

Upvote 0
then it's a problem from my side to be more specific from mine profile? i doubt that is a problem from my web-browser or OS or System (The two last can't be the problem) but just i any case.

Upvote 0
I'm not very sure, rule of thumb is, if I can't reproduce it there's little I can do to fix the problem. If more people report, then there might be a chance I can figure out whether this is the server or client side.

Upvote 0
i mention many people near every day when i am uploading my renders from my other thread and i mention quite a people, but there are times that the post that i mentioned to others it is notify my self too :S anyway it's ok cause i spent enough time at the LPW so the most of quotes mentions i saw them instantly and i am answering them in time.

Upvote 0
Can you describe your problem once again? In step by step. Ex:

1. Someone mention you
2. You receive an instant notification in the bar and in your member profile

etc...

Upvote 0
Hey, Checky! I've maybe a theory; is maybe no local problem? - I mean, because the servers of ASF are out of 5 servers (how I know), and they are in 3 continents shared - some is in your country (better said: at you in home) - and the rest on (correct me, if I me wrong) Europe - and the other in Asia.

Well, what I say want, is: Is maybe not the European-server somehow a bit corrupted? - In this case can maybe Corocoro on his side check.

If I with my theory wrong lie, then is my latin over.

Upvote 0
That one I fixed. The notification will always sync to the master and won't be cached for more than a minute by the slave.

Upvote 0
Hmm... Okay, then can you me please now mention, Checky? I'll now on a different section be, if I again a wrong mention get, then inform I you then fast...:goodtea:~>

Upvote 0
Lol me and dark are on west coast of amurrica so not really europe there~

Hmm... for step by step...

1 Someone notifies (Ill try to take notice of which types of notifications this happens with next time?).
2 Some notifications are instant while others do not come for x amounts of time.
3 Some notifications return hours after theyve been checked. I notice that sometimes it is shown after refreshing a page but I cant be sure if all do. This is most noticeable in the morning when i check the notifications and some old notifications have reappeared, aka theres two new mentions but says there are three. I have a suspicion that sometimes the notification is actually correct, but the profile page is the one which hasn't updated in terms of notifications. It would be difficult for me to confirm that unless I mark down the times of the false notifications and compare it to the list later on though... Wont be very accurate since the notifications bar doesnt actually show what times they were sent and profile notifications may show the right time but not the time the notification appeared.

Anyhow im just going to give it a hard refresh and see what happens tmr =w= It doesnt actually bother me that much either way...~ I usually just click notifications up till i find old ones anyhow~

Reactions: nanashi1
Upvote 0
Can you describe your problem once again? In step by step. Ex:

1. Someone mention you
2. You receive an instant notification in the bar and in your member profile

etc...

I mention some OK?

Why in my mentions that I (me) my self mention someone else is notifying my self???

mentions.jpg

Every time i mention someone the notification always notifying and my self too!

But there are times that even the Quotes don't notifications or they came too much delayed!

If i go to the link where i suppose to be mentioned (from someone) it goes to my Post that i mentioned other people!

Upvote 0
In your profile, the mentions had always list who you mention to, is that what you mean? [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION];

Upvote 0
Hmm... thats just the mentions you gave people dark? It includes the mentions that others give you but its going by time order so your mass mentions will cover the page unless someone else mentioned after..~

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok, I get the notification INSTANTLY but since you might mix up and confuse, so let me explain a few technical aspect that you should know

The mentions tab in your profile is cached for a few minutes. It won't display instantly in your Mentions profile. The same went to the Quotes tab.

However, you should get a notification instantly or as fast as the system can push upon a refresh of your browser.

Upvote 0
Ok, I get the notification INSTANTLY but since you might mix up and confuse, so let me explain a few technical aspect that you should know

The mentions tab in your profile is cached for a few minutes. It won't display instantly in your Mentions profile. The same went to the Quotes tab.

However, you should get a notification instantly or as fast as the system can push upon a refresh of your browser.

This thing have never happened before the update my notifications either from quotes or mentions were Just working fine! I have refreshed many times you see it your self the notification came now from your mention from our conversation some hour ago :(

Maybe i can't understand? I can accept this! But why it didn't happened before?

And whenever you change a thread or you go to the main page the browser automatically refreshes with the new content of the page (i used to do that all the time!) With Chrome and Firefox and Safari
I don't think that is a problem with the browsers.

Upvote 0
I don't understand what is the problem you're getting now, Dark Angel, can you provide more specific details of what problem you're having?

As mention above, the mentions tab in your profile is cached for a few minutes. It won't display instantly in your Mentions profile. But notification should be instant.

Upvote 0
And whenever you change a thread or you go to the main page the browser automatically refreshes with the new content of the page (i used to do that all the time!) With Chrome and Firefox and Safari
I don't think that is a problem with the browsers.
That's partial refresh. It's an AJAX feature that doesn't actually refresh the page itself. It queries the site for new/updated information, such as new posts or a change in ranks (like the top 5 posters, for example), and changes its look to reflect the update. It does so by itself without any request from your end. If you block its functionalities, like if you use NoScript on Firefox and don't allow the script to run, it won't refresh itself.

In other words: it's not the same as refreshing the page. Also, there's refresh, and then there's hard refresh that you do with ctrl+F5 to command your browser to force-clear your cache.

Now, let's take a look at your mentions and quotes. To avoid confusion, the time displayed is Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5:00) and it's currently 12:36 PM on 11th of November, 2013. These are the recent occasions on which you were mentioned by someone else, taken from the first two pages of notifications on your profile page.

Today:
kZR0yMB.png

aZ75Qq.png
Yesterday:
eiNw2HK.png

eY9dwN.png

x3uQCkDy.png

uwXhaK7vn.png

PM7on.png

zoe5Nm3x.png

abzKvI.png

5AwpjyTQ.png
And now quotes. This time around I'm only taking information from the first page of quotes on your profile page for occasions on which you were quoted by someone else.

Today:
0WjQrD2Ts.png

uOqH47RD.png
Yesterday:
74XYIg5.png

HqGXcy.png
Do you see where I'm going with this?

The time displayed on your list of notifications perfectly matches the timestamp on the relevant posts.

Now, I understand that you could be complaining about a notification that appeared late and not instant, not right after someone posted something that mentions/quotes you. We should inform you, however, that the cache was fixed only very recently over the weekend. If this is indeed the problem you're having, for now, force your browser to clear cache (ctrl+F5) then go back to doing your thing and see if it happens again. If it does, we'll expect you to give us more detailed information, such as when the notification appears and when it's supposed to appear.

Reactions: nanashi1
Upvote 0
Hmm... How it seems, is again on right way the Mentions and Quotes - I get they finally in realtime, no delay...:goodtea:~>
[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]Checkmate[/MENTION] [MENTION=4]corocoro[/MENTION];

Well, you can now the thread close, but if I again a error get - then will I you report.

P.S.: Thank you very much for your try^^!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nakamura_yuri wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload 真剣で私に恋しなさい!S 初回版? Most links are dead except for the ones on Rapidgator which don't allow me to download without a premium account. Thank you very much!
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, can you please re-upload these in katfile?
[201128][エモイ堂] 【耳かきセレクト】サキュはめ 見習いサキュバスクロエ編 ~夢魔の力で好きなあの子とドリームセックス~【生耳かき&KU100ハイレゾバイノーラル】 [RJ306515]
[220430][エモイ堂] 無条件溺愛してくるヤンデレセクサロイドとの「支配されたい」「使われたい」「完全所有されたい」願望ダダ漏れアクメ性活【KU100&超リアル音質】 [RJ386208]
[210320][エモイ堂] 【搾乳フォーリー&最高なおっぱいプレイ】こちら牛娘ですがまぎれもなくうちの妹です。【KU100&バイノーラル】 [RJ320191]
thank you!
mark7 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi,RJ01128837 links are dead , could you please reupload?