[Discussions] SOTM#38 - March 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; your signature is very nice and the one that you are already wear and the one that you submit for the sotm!
The SOTM entry is actually just a rough draft I cooked up quick, though. If you look at it, it barely has anything―just a character render, a plain background, a few pieces of abstract objects and some colour harmonisation. A lazy man's work, really. But thanks for appraising it positively :)

Ph.D? what dat?

I will probably revise my entry, I'm not quite sure but I have enough time to make a new one, thanks for the encouragement c:
Pretentious assHole's Degree.

It sounds like you're pretty inclined to. Hope you do get free enough to work more on it.

The SOTM entry is actually just a rough draft I cooked up quick, though. If you look at it, it barely has anything―just a character render, a plain background, a few pieces of abstract objects and some colour harmonisation. A lazy man's work, really. But thanks for appraising it positively :)

Pretentious assHole's Degree.
You mean ego in other words? ^.-

[MENTION=124200]Monmonpon[/MENTION]; i believe you should always keep your PSD files! you never know when you might need them!
I agree but I don't need them if I can make the same thing again and even a better one than the previous one

yes it seems easy or fast made? but the results are very good and i am bewitched with the set that you are wearing now.

You mean ego in other words? ^.-
Yeahhh, something like that. Anyway, why are we going off the rails here? Who even started talking about this nonsense? /me slaps Ignis.

yes it seems easy or fast made? but the results are very good and i am bewitched with the set that you are wearing now.
Yep. Apply gradient on background layer; put render here; put abstract objects there; put text on top of them; apply filters and layer blending effects to some layers; add some lighting; done. Thanks for your compliment nonetheless :)

I tried going for a more 'spring-y' feel but it kinda feels messy now, especially the right side. Not sure about this one yet. Maybe I should just get rid of the festival lanterns and use smudge effects on both sides...

Reactions: Touwa Erio
Yeahhh, something like that. Anyway, why are we going off the rails here? Who even started talking about this nonsense? /me slaps Ignis.
[/URL]

I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of egotistical people, if you're one of them then you need help -- I recommend you to go to a psychiatrist, I'm sure that they will help you and treat you in the way you deserve to be treated but that's only my advice -- it's up to you if you want to do that or not and as for me I never had any good relationship with egotistical people nor I'm planning to have a good relationship with them, if their ego is that important to them then they can choke on it.

OT: I guess I won't change my entry, good luck to everyone!

I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of egotistical people, if you're one of them then you need help -- I recommend you to go to a psychiatrist, I'm sure that they will help you and treat you in the way you deserve to be treated but that's only my advice -- it's up to you if you want to do that or not and as for me I never had any good relationship with egotistical people nor I'm planning to have a good relationship with them, if their ego is that important to them then they can choke on it.
Is that supposed to be a serious jab? If so, aren't you misunderstanding the entire conversation? I'd hate to have to explain lines meant as jokes, but if that'd clear things up, let me know.

Is that supposed to be a serious jab? If so, aren't you misunderstanding the entire conversation? I'd hate to have to explain lines meant as jokes, but if that'd clear things up, let me know.

Not really, I'm just being honest with few things and there is no need for explanation, I will take my leave from this thread in order to avoid derailment.

And you were talking about ego.

It doesn't sit well with me to leave the conversation at this state as you seem to have misconstrued a few lines of a silly joke I uttered as being serious and maybe even reflective of my own view. If you'd rather not have things cleared up after saying something not very nice, though, suit yourself. I can't force my ego to explain on you.

Back to topic.

Hmm... I speculating lately some updates at entry to make... Hmm... Probably I'll tomorrow few new concepts make and upload there...:bored:

It seems that even [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; decided to join the SOTM. Now I can't be the only one not joining. Count me in too x3

Hmm... The update will delay tomorrow or to Sunday probably...

Wasn't planning on joining and the entry I made was going to be my signature. But the theme just happened to be spring and seeing I had cherry blossom in my sig, I decided to turn it into an entry x3

The cage in the background and the butterfly-shaped hairpin (is it even a hairpin?) the girl wears seem to carry a certain meaning. Nice entry, unown!

Hmm... Am' with the one of two done with the updated version, I'll me then tomorrow finally decide, if I my entry completely replacing will with one of them...:bored:

SOTM38.V3_zpsugz3jcxl.png

Well, my last update for this event is done, I'll then tonight decide which of them my real entry will be...

SOTM38.v4_zpspmrlcnw7.png

wow very nice entries! hm somehow [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; entry might pull the triger for more people to take part :) My gratitude to [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; for having entered the competition!
Eh, I didn't do anything, not even help promote it. But you're welcome; I'm glad to take part in it.

Well, my last update for this event is done, I'll then tonight decide which of them my real entry will be...

SOTM38.v4_zpspmrlcnw7.png
That looks much nicer, good job! The render feels kind of blurry, though. How about applying some sharpening/enhancing effects (levels, vibrance, contrast, or whatever GIMP has)?

That looks much nicer, good job! The render feels kind of blurry, though. How about applying some sharpening/enhancing effects (levels, vibrance, contrast, or whatever GIMP has)?
Thanks Ignis!

And I did tried with the options, what you mentioned have (sharpening/enhancing), but has not felt properly the results (though, I did with the contrast/curve played...), where then did let this option - For me has this an dreamed effect (include the BG), what then I wanted avoid to messing up with that...

[MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION]; the last upgrade of your entry is very nice!

Thanks D'angel (and hi!), and I did me for that finally decided, did already updated in the Entry section...xD

I have been occupied those days with my work :( how are you my good friend Shi?

I see, but I hope that you on your health and on your mental feelings cared have - or better said: Not overdriven having!

And with me fine I think - since yesterday finally happy for a damn long awaited news...xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

AUO wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you reupload this?
アオハループ
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
Also, could you update this one please? The bugs are horrendous and they put many additional features. Thanks.
アノ子は僕の性奴隷
Morisoba1988 wrote on Shine's profile.

[240117][VRゲーム屋さん] 【VR】学びな日常~あなたの部屋が女の子たちのたまり場に!?~ [RJ01133621]

Do you have the latest versions of these?
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
A reupload request. Do you still have this in your database?
お兄ちゃんは私だけのものなんだからっ!!
darkpachon wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
sorry can you upload again [110128] [Studio 邪恋] 操心術0 パッケージ版 is that the links are down