[LPW #80] If you look closely you can see the new LPW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lookie its zad hi zad! :hi:

Hm, is it true that if your HDD is filled up it will be slower? I mean I know the machine has to read more data around the disc but is the difference really that noticeable?

well if the platter have many files and the head that is read/writing staff on the platter have to find and search the files needed and thera so many filled around them... it kind makes them slow

But that doesn't happening on the SSD's i probably when i have the money to buy one of those...

Understanding other languages' grammar is fun. It's like playing puzzle games. But German alphabets and pronunciation can be confusing from time to time when my mother tongue is English. =\

Anyway there are part I don't understand. For example this sentence, "Wie ist Ihre Telefonnummer?" why do you use wie and not was?

Hi zad, it seems pyre is now planning to troll you. =\

ngh... trying to level up evee's affection... taking a while >.<

hm this picture corner is a gemstone... i can't go well if i will not go there daily and have some pictures downloaded...

Haha well your Dark-senpai seems to be a regular uploader over there

it's not only him the Cocona mod has an awesome staff!!! :lovestruck:

also and the other people nightpanther, shakiah

all of them uploades tones of staff!!!

I think that's basic german politeness from the office when you ask for a number. When you ask "Was ist Ihre/ihre/deine/seine Telefonnummer?" then it's just slang. It also doesn't sound very polite. "Language from the street" would fit to this impoliteness, like 2 young girls asking for each other number, they would use "Was".

In switzerland you'll ask for "Was" instead of "Wie" I think, they're a bit different.

i got one, thanks to you, but need a fairy type move to evolve it, gotta win with the fairy type move

oh baby doll eyes is a fairy type...

I thought it was how the German had a different concept of "what" and "how". So is it about politeness?

cocona is an NTR mod. =\

well i am out for a bath and later i am going out for drinks! YAY!!!!

"Was..." or "Wie..." would be in this case the same, right. But if you take another syntax then it would be different:

"Wie lautet Ihre Telefonnummer?" - here you can't take "Was" instead of "Wie" because they would make a complete other sentence which is completely false. I think this is the most polite sentence to ask for a number :goodtea:

"Wie ist Ihre Telefonnummer?" vs. "Was ist Ihre Telefonnummer" - both have the same meaning, both are correct, but when you're in a company at the phone you would ask "Wie" instead of "Was" because of the politeness.

All 3 sentences are about the phone number and all 3 would be correct.

"How" and "What" are seperately but have different meanings in German when it's coming to the case differentation "Genitiv,Dativ,Akkusativ,Nominativ". I'm still hating it...

Athough we don't use "how" in English. I'm still confused about these two word's difference. =\

cocona has a twisted love for loli. =\

agh got the sylveon but now want to get a fennekin again >.< such a pain...

I simply still don't understand how wie and was can be used interchangeably in one case, but can't in another case.

/me eliminates pyre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

lenlen wrote on Shine's profile.
ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01165403 RJ01165876 RJ01166085 RJ01167465 RJ01168773 RJ01169912 in mexa ? thx
marcusfinly wrote on gengariscool's profile.
Thanks once again for all of the great posts