Visual Novel Cafe

I intend to read through it in the end. There's no point of playing a eroge if you don't spend the time to enjoy the whole package.

Lately...I procure all the [H]CGs first, start playing to clear, then get around to read the scenes to know what's actually going on behind those pictures...(occasionally I catch chunks of interesting things so that's worth it in the end).

In my current state I'd be inclined to agree about that when playing eroges - the H-scenes are there for a reason...other than just the visuals, that is.

I intend to read through it in the end. There's no point of playing a eroge if you don't spend the time to enjoy the whole package.

I dont disagree that some h-scenes can add something to the story(although its pretty rare, 90% of them are just standard moaning)

but stopping reading a VN everytime you reach an hscene and start reading another one isnt exactly what I would call "enjoying the whole package" :| arent you taking yourself out of the moment or something like that?..maybe its just me

[MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION];

Remember, you're a married man

(-_-)

[MENTION=3]Checkmate[/MENTION]; being married and collecting hobbies are different things! still.... i want one of that Erina, though my wife probably kill me if i buy one! :crushed:

btw, not much games to be expected this month too.... well aside from Walkure FD and Kyonyuu FD 2

Same here in a sense. Whenever I get to a ero scene. I tend to just move on to another visual novel until I have the will to read through it and move on with the completion of the heroine route.
oh great,i was thinking that im the only one who have this problem but it seems like i was wrong. Whenever i start a vn, i read it almost nonstop until the first h-scene,then for some god only know reason i just close it and start another one.Most of vns i have in backlog is currently at a h-scene point.And as you said i dont really want to skip scenes too, i dont know why though. it feels like cheat or something.

oh great,i was thinking that im the only one who have this problem but it seems like i was wrong. Whenever i start a vn, i read it almost nonstop until the first h-scene,then for some god only know reason i just close it and start another one.Most of vns i have in backlog is currently at a h-scene point.And as you said i dont really want to skip scenes too, i dont know why though. it feels like cheat or something.

On skipping scenes, I feel kinda grateful that it is there after playing the original White Album - that one has no skipping whatsoever, not even auto mode. I remember banging away at my two LMBs (both on the USB mouse and touchpad) just to proceed further, and back then I wasn't as fluent in Japanese so there really was no point in lingering around...it really helps when you have to charge back in again for another route by omitting all that you have passed...which will only take much more time reading the same thing over and over for every route.

Just my perspective on skipping...

On skipping scenes, I feel kinda grateful that it is there after playing the original White Album - that one has no skipping whatsoever, not even auto mode. I remember banging away at my two LMBs (both on the USB mouse and touchpad) just to proceed further, and back then I wasn't as fluent in Japanese so there really was no point in lingering around...it really helps when you have to charge back in again for another route by omitting all that you have passed...which will only take much more time reading the same thing over and over for every route.

Just my perspective on skipping...
ah of course im also skipping the parts which i have already read.the "skip" i meant was skipping h-scenes which i didnt read yet. it seems like i forgot adding "h" to "scene" word, sorry really. Reading same common route x 5 for a 5 heroine game would be pretty awful though,i guess we have to be grateful to skip button for that matter.

Another comrade who keeps the stalled VNs at the h-scene! In my case is mostly because I got the heroine already (there are exceptions, i know but lets keep in the "usual games") and I know that what's next is the drama and happy ending if that's the case and I got my options right. Also because I know it's close to ending and I'll need to move on to another heroine and I won't be seeing the one I'm currently in since usually all characters tend to "disappear" aside from the one you're conquering.
And about the skipping part, I mostly do it when the game is slow paced or the other characters are not likeable or the one I'm after overshadows every other, and try to keep it at the "cliche-slice of life" games, you won't see me skipping parts in Shinigami no Testament or Gensou no Idea.

I dont disagree that some h-scenes can add something to the story(although its pretty rare, 90% of them are just standard moaning)

but stopping reading a VN everytime you reach an hscene and start reading another one isnt exactly what I would call "enjoying the whole package" :| arent you taking yourself out of the moment or something like that?..maybe its just me

Well it's not wrong to reach that kind of conclusion. Personally for me, I just read the entire thing since I did spend the time and effort of getting it. And kind of disrespectful to the seiyuus and script writer who spent time writing the scenario. Well that's just me. Other than that, I agree that I am basically taking myself out of the moment where the characters do their thing.

Well guess we're kind of similar in that sense. Though I eventually progress through it so it's kind of when I have the time to read the entire scenario or not. Last thing you want is someone walking into your room to see you looking at stuff you didn't want them to know.

Last thing you want is someone walking into your room to see you looking at stuff you didn't want them to know.

Playing VNs tend to make you become paranoid to just about anything and everything exactly because of that, even if they are all-ages version.

That's the very reason why I keep my VNs in windowed mode to allow quick retreats (On that matter, Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai has this interesting button called "emergency" that cut every output from the game away and put up an in-universe phone ad onto the screen after a while of blank screen, it's nifty actually...)

Cleared Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden 2 trial yesterday.

Too short but extremely sweet. Story's got all the elements why I really liked the story-telling and the hero. Of course the heroines are the main draw, though I do feel the scenes are way shorter compared to the previous games. Hoping an average 3-4 scenes for each and everyone of them, with the obligatory harem scene. Awaiting the harem pregnancy patch too when the game comes out.

KYONYUU BANZAI~

I played few of visual Novels ,some are starry sky series, Garnet Cardel,Kaga no Naka no Alice ,etc
my fav VN is Kaga no naka no Alice :3

Last edited:
If you can't even properly loop BGMs for your VN, at least make them end in themselves and start from the front.

One of the recent games I've played really ticked me off with that - it's just atrocious with all the hiccups.

Playing VNs tend to make you become paranoid to just about anything and everything exactly because of that, even if they are all-ages version.

That's the very reason why I keep my VNs in windowed mode to allow quick retreats (On that matter, Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai has this interesting button called "emergency" that cut every output from the game away and put up an in-universe phone ad onto the screen after a while of blank screen, it's nifty actually...)

Which saved me a few times... jokes. Well when I think about it, it did once. Anyway, I liked that emergency button that was placed in that August game. I'm still running through the 2nd route for the girls in the normal endings. Going to take a while since I'm already on another visual that I'm currently interested in.

right... walkure TV is finally aired, let's hope it doesnt become a disaster like princess lover! still waiting for the FD this month

Princess Lover's anime iteration was a disaster? I watched that, and I don't even expect too much. I watched it because it's Princess Lover, after all...

Perhaps same deal goes for Walroma...for someone who has a tendency to like the 'lesser' heroines more than the 'dominant' heroines like me, anime version of a VN just does not feel right...still, it's that VN, and it entails a bit of attraction to watch more than your standard animes out there...

Commented on animu thread already.

We will wait and see. Cant wait for both FDs this month.

"Properly" finished Walroma two days ago...kept me awake all the way to 0400 that day, and that includes rapid clicking past the last epilogue.

Next : mop up Yumekoi and Fureraba (both with one route to go)...wait a minute, it's already past half of October already?

Jyuukishi delayed to March 2014... Kinda expeted since there was completely zero content found about the game.

Master-ups for Walkure More&More and Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden 2, cant wait for either.

Any recommendations for a VN to play for with ITH/ATLAS for the sole purpose of acquiring and expanding Japanese vocab ? Something maybe thats simple in language yet not just composed of aaahh, uuuhh, and has an engaging story ?

Never tried it before, but been wanting to try it out for a long time.

[MENTION=25661]GenKiDan[/MENTION] hate to say this... but if you want to improve japanese vocab, i suggest you started reading untranslated LN that has furigana for the kanjis and prepare a big dictionary to translate them! relying on ITH/ATLAS will do no good at all

[MENTION=25661]GenKiDan[/MENTION] hate to say this... but if you want to improve japanese vocab, i suggest you started reading untranslated LN that has furigana for the kanjis and prepare a big dictionary to translate them! relying on ITH/ATLAS will do no good at all

From my experience, VNs are more or less the same in difficulty (language-wise) if you talk the "generic" slice-o-HS-life ones...only minor differences in terminologies from varying themes, but the majority are really more or less the same...

Yes, no furigana unless for very specific (and usually out of place/weird) reading - you look at the kanjis and look them up by looking at their composition...or by sound if you are lucky enough to interpret (or even there in the first place).

VNs wouldn't be the best place for this, I agree...

From my experience, VNs are more or less the same in difficulty (language-wise) if you talk the "generic" slice-o-HS-life ones...only minor differences in terminologies from varying themes, but the majority are really more or less the same...

Yes, no furigana unless for very specific (and usually out of place/weird) reading - you look at the kanjis and look them up by looking at their composition...or by sound if you are lucky enough to interpret (or even there in the first place).

VNs wouldn't be the best place for this, I agree...

Too the both of you, thanks for the advice, I didn't even know what furigana was until now. @Animak any reason why you said LN instead of VN ? happen to have something particular in mind that you already know of ?

@ping HS=high school ? Ah I see, I think, your both agreeing that I should get LN's instead of VN's.

Started MML...Luluna's route is down, five more to go...and I have to re-reach Luluna's route again so that I can get the "route start" save of that route - a personal ritual for any game that clearly tell the route one is in one way or another.

...and 25th is approaching...I clearly have gobbled much more than I can swallow at this rate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Bambang24 wrote on lapulzi's profile.
MapleHutCat
https://mypikpak.com/s/VO9mewB2u6ng5m8M4L-LTkY8o1

This is a video of maplehutcat from the beginning until now (excluding Mualani, Xilonen, and Burnice), please upload it on your pikpak or on any cloud storage because my premium pikpak has only 1 day left.
XChaosX wrote on zhonyk's profile.
Hello, could you please update the share for this game with the latest 1.201 version?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200601-kichurea-ヴィルネーメレト-rj289056-【ver23-08-24】.1398778/
XChaosX wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hello, could you please update the share for this game with the latest 1.201 version?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200601-kichurea-ヴィルネーメレト-ver1-1b-2023-08-24-rj289056.958576/
XChaosX wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200601-kichurea-ヴィルネーメレト-ver23-08-24-rj289056.958379/