Question Clarifications on 'Translations Projects' section.

Entai2965

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2023
This forum is currently not very friendly towards translators, so I am requesting clarification that the current state of affairs is as intended.

I found this old post by admin 'corocoro' directly answering where to post translation related materials, but I am not sure if it is still valid or not since this forum now has a 'dedicated' section for 'Translations Projects'.

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/translations-where-would-one-post-them.709465/post-3093625

corocoro said:
Hm, I thought this was answered already, but here goes:

Translation files without the original game go in the modding section: http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/requests-releases-tools-other-mods-123/
A complete, translated game goes into the hentai games section: http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/hentai-games-38/
A status/feedback thread goes into the eroge corner: http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/eroge-corner-102/

It is not clear that the 'Translations Projects' section existed when the admin issued their guidance hence asking for clarifications that their guidance still applies 7 years later.

Taking what the admin said at face value, that means translations are not allowed to be posted in the "Translations Projects" section. Is that correct? Or are translations allowed to be posted in the "Translations Projects" section? Does it depend on whether it includes the main game or not?

Reading the description for the 'Translations Projects' section and the other sections, it seems to imply that only 'translation projects' are allowed there, not translation requests or finished translations.
- Are game, manga, vn, ln, translation requests allowed in the 'Translations Projects' section? Which of those categories are allowed? Which are not?
- Are finished translations, without the game, allowed in the 'Translations Projects' section?
- Are finished translations, with the game pre-bundled and distributed together, allowed in the 'Translations Projects' section?
- Are finished translations, with the game not-bundled but provided as a seperate link, allowed in the 'Translations Projects' section?
Example: A user provides a link to a translation and the game as two different links.

There are a lot of translation related threads, including projects, that are not in the 'Translations Projects' section.
Random example: https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/sonicomi-motto-sonicomi-translation-project.235726/
- Are these threads not in the 'Translations Projects' section miscategoried or is dual/multiple-categorization allowed without any bias for which section they are in? 'Should' they be in the 'Translations Projects' section?
- If the thread owner requests they be moved to the 'Translations Projects' section, will they be moved?
- If I, not the read owner, flag them and request they be moved to the 'Translations Projects' section for organizational purposes, will they be moved?
- If I obtain permission from the thread owner to request to flag their thread to get it moved to the 'Translations Projects' section, will it be moved?
- If I am not able to obtain permission from the tread owner to move their thread because the thread owner is no longer active on this forum in the last 30 days, and I flag a thread to move it to the 'Translations Projects' section, will it be moved?

I keep putting 'Translations Projects' in quotes because it is incorrect grammar in English to put two plurals next to each other like that. 'Translations' and 'Translation Projects' are both correct, but 'Translations Projects' is not. Is that grammar error intentional? What is it meant to imply? If it is not intentional, can it be renamed easily to a grammatically correct form?

So in summary our job as moderators is basically, look at the formatting of new threads in the Main Translation Release section if they fit, approve them, if not move them to mini releases.

And that's about it?
Or is there actually something else we should do?

The primary role as moderators is to review the formatting of new threads in the Main Translation Release section. If they meet the standards, approve them; if not, move them to the Mini Releases section.

Beyond that, perhaps you could assist in the Discussions section as well (it's pretty empty right now, so there's not much else to do). Also, I believe you and maybe Entai were planning to bring your content over?

For now, that's about it. I don't intend to impose a heavy workload on the moderators unless we get more volunteers, which I doubt. This whole section is possible thanks to you and Entai.

And if you @Shisaye want a bit of an adventure, I could introduce the Wiki system and you could help the Mad Island author convert their guide into the first wiki entry. Just a thought!.

Upvote 0
Once we settle down, I can finally release the large SDK collection at Tools forum. It's about high time we introduce it to everyone.

Upvote 0
Perhaps you could help out in the Discussions section as well (it's pretty empty right now, so there's not much else to do). Also, didn't you and maybe Entai plan to bring your content over?

I think that's about it for now, aside from those activities. I don't plan to impose much workload on the mods either unless we have more volunteers. I doubt it though. The whole section is only possible with you and Entai around.

And if @Shisaye you want a bit of an adventure, I will introduce the Wiki system and you can help Mad Island author to convert the guide into the first wiki entry... just a thought?
I'm not necessarily asking for more work, I'm just a bit surprised.
Usually moderators are expected to do a lot more.

The wiki thing sounds good, but I guess that's more of a question to max than to me. He's probably happy with "any" place to post it.

Upvote 0
Usually moderators are expected to do a lot more.
Certainly not here. I don't like to take away people's valuable free time.

You can do more if you wish as we grow, but I'd never impose that on you or anyone. I just need the minimum work done for it to function.

I'll wait for Entai's input

Upvote 0
Certainly not here. I don't like to take away people's valuable free time.

You can do more if you wish as we grow, but I'd never impose that on you or anyone. I just need the minimum work done for it to function.

I'll wait for Entai's input
Thanks for clearing up how to implement things. I will write the guidelines for the section to implement the format as written. Please look over them once everything spelled out.

If we are moving from a "mini-release thread" to a "mini-release forum" idea, then please implement it so I can link to it in the guidelines. Otherwise, I will need to link to the "mini-release thread" instead.

Upvote 0
Change applied:
- Mini Releases forum created, 5 attachments, 32MB max
- Attachment views and download permission is set to Registered Member only for Releases and Tools forum
- All threads created in the Main Release forum will go through a moderation queue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Entai2965
Upvote 0
I've released 22 finished translations in the normal releases, and 41 unfinished translations in mini releases now.
Before I continue, is this how you envisioned that, or should I change something about those threads?

Edit: Nvm.
Vice sent me the bbcode.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Vice
Upvote 0
I've released 22 finished translations in the normal releases, and 41 unfinished translations in mini releases now.
Before I continue, is this how you envisioned that, or should I change something about those threads?
Everything is looking good.

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Sunwin là cổng game đổi thưởng uy tín số 1 Việt Nam. Sân chơi cung cấp đa dạng thể loại game bài, bắn cá, nổ hũ,...
Trang web: https://marcvanroosmalen.org
Djlolker wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hello, dear Nihonjaki90, can you please remove all dead links please and put new ones on this post?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/190619-ナイアガラ連合-くすぐり魔王軍-~美少女勇者に異世界転生した俺がnpcを片っ端からこちょこちょ拷問~.836519/
Thank you!
0x0 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Excuse me, ryzen. Colud I ask you a favor? I really hope you to upload RJ050043 (https://vndb.org/v20567), please. Thank you.
ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01146555 RJ01147225 RJ01150295 RJ01150723 RJ01148587 RJ01150439 in mexa ? thx
Tensa Zangetsu wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Can you please upload these?
RJ016885 らぐなろく大満足BOX!
RJ065557 DQパラダイス
RJ071416 シスターファーム
RJ249096 フィーナの魔法冒険記 ~ユーグドル譚~
Thank you