Half-Human & Half-Animal Contest with Chopsticks?!

Vote for your favorite Half-Human & Half-Animal with Chopsticks?! Piece~

• IwantPedobearToo

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • renano

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • Kuki

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • kami-onii-chan

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Mato

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • nexus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ralium

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • DL Zandorf Rahamasch

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • SainTPrimE

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm yes if you know how it ends then you can figure out how it begins fairly easily...

I doubt i could do similarly though xD I like to take a bit of caution and troubleshoot~

My mind begins planning already and I can imagine how it'll be in the end. Therefore, I rarely proceed with caution. xD

You can say that's how I drew my entry for this contest. I think and visualize everything in my mind.

Although, your way is actually more tactful. We could make mistakes or find a better idea before starting the project or drawing.

Hmm i usually have an idea how it should turn out but never the whole idea~ I add stuff as im drawing though whether it would turn out decently is questionable thus the thumbnails are used to sort out which idea to actually use and which ones to toss~

Thumbnails... I haven't heard that term for more than a year! I used to draw in a similar fashion: final piece before thumbsnails. =]

Good afternoon everyone! I see SainT was able to drop by this contest too. ^^

:runhappy:

Hello again AG~

Haha, it's great to know you drew in a similar way. :3

@ Sam

Hence why you're a turtle~ ;p

so samy i wonder what major did you or you will take??

Last edited:
*ehehe* Miss World :3

@ Sam I did Art since I was 7 and then took Illustrations for 2 years before I went to Uni. But my illustrations teacher first taught us 3 years before I took Illustrations as a course in college, so it feels like I was learning how to illustrate even before then. ^^

My mother likes it... So, yeah, I'm watching Miss World. xD

It appears you had some experience as a child pertaining to art. Quite lucky you are.

All my art is self-taught up until I entered university.

Yeah. Art was part of the curriculum from years 1-9 in schooling. But I wasn't that great in Art during my primary school years. From year 10 onwards you can choose to partake in other curriculum. Art as well as other subjects become optional courses to choose from in the UK. I just so happened to remember that luckily for me, when my illustrations teacher came to teach in our school, which was in year 9 I think, Illustrations first became available for us as an optional course, and it was the first time in our school too. Only after she came to our school did I become much better. She also had her own Illustrations company and worked for Disney at one point doing cell-shaded backgrounds. ^^

And if I remember correctly, she had some of the first Beano thumbnails and storyboards which are worth quite a lot, but she decided to give them away as part of a drawing contest in our school. :goodtea:

Being self taught is great as it leads towards being independent, but I find that there are some things which can only be taught by learning from others. I'd say I was quite the lucky person to have met her.

Oh... art in school.

Sounds like a worthwhile experience,

There was art in elementary, middle, and high school.

Art was necessary for elementary and middle school. Although, I was one of the few that did well.

High school offered courses if you wished to partake in them. I was in the Fine Arts Academy for my high school as well.

That's really amazing. She sounds like a great person. Again, you are very fortunate~

I was self-taught because I didn't consider drawing as my career choice until I was in middle school. Also, proper teaching leads to just that... only proper teaching. It may teach you to learn basics, form, terminology, history, branches of art, etc.

Because of that, most of the students lack a spark.

Last edited:
A worthwhile experience it was. Most of the students in my Illustrations class went onto talking it as a University Degree. Some stayed back a year to try get into the University again. It was this one particular University that you didn't need to pay to get into, so many people tried their luck. Quite a few seniors I knew back then also stayed in college for another year since there's limited spaces each year.

I somewhat understand the lacking a spark part. Sometimes I felt that some work presented by students didn't have that vibe, since their work didn't appeal to me or just felt normal. Some students in my class had great imagination and had very unique ideas and displayed them very well. HappyPeppyJimmy was one of those people I felt had great ideas but he worked really slowly and worked much slower than I, meaning that he failed to meet quite a lot of deadlines.

If there was something major I learned from the subject, it was that time was a huge factor. Sometimes I didn't complete my work on time which meant I was quite behind when presenting work, and having to weight time between this and other subjects was quite the hard thing to do. In the end I had to prioritise my other subjects and cut down on the time spent in Illustrations which lowered the quality of my work. But that's all in the past now. :goodtea:

I'd say I never considered drawing until I was introduced to the Pokemon anime. It first started off as me liking how they're drawn and wondered why the animation style was different to American animation. Tracing then led to me wanting to draw. *ehehe*
My mother still sees drawing useless and a waste of time however.

Feels great to be able to share these experiences with you. ^^

Wow, that sounds wonderful and difficult for those who chose to attend university to pursue art. Learning how to draw is one thing, but some business tactics are also necessary in order to sell your art.

Although, I can't tell how difficult it was to get in since I got into all the art schools I applied, but I never went to them. Haha~ ^^;;

MassArt is the most well known in Boston, but I just attend the school that's cheaper and 20 minutes to walk from here.

Drive, inspiration, motivation, emotion... whatever you may call it is key to how your art turns out. HappyPeppyJimmy must be a great person if he can posses such a passion to draw.

Very true. Time is the most important factor. Prioritize and keep in mind of what you need to do.

People procrastinate sometimes, but overtime they learn not to do that.

Haha, Sailor Moon for me was what started my interest in drawing. I started to actually draw because of my uncle.

Likewise. I like chatting about this with you~

@ Nero

Scizor OwO

Oddish for me. xD

I found Scizor to have quite an interesting design, but I think my first drawing could have been either 'Pikachu' or 'Charizard'.

*ehehe* Sailor Moon eh? Who knows, that might have been my first anime to get me into drawing but I didn't have any still material to draw from relating to Sailor Moon. As I used to have Pokemon posters and cards, I started drawing from them.

Some time at the start of summer Jimmy actually asked me if we wanted to draw again. Around that time I found A-S and the drawing thread too when looking through the forums. Not sure if it was by coincidence or fate that the two are related in any way.

I haven't procrastinated in a long time. I usually even out the time I spend on whatever I do. I think Graphics Illustrations was the first thing I ever had to procrastinate in since it was the only subject I felt that required the most of my time, sometimes even using the remaining of my spare time to draw.

Mmm. I'd rather spend less time and money to go to a University close to me rather than having to travel far and get roughly the same amount of experience from the two. Plus, I like to be back at home as soon as possible, except for the times when I'll have to go out with friends and all.

I do find that talking to you is all the more enjoyable when you're not online all the time since I find there to be much more to write, though I don't mind you frequenting more too. ^^

Pikachu and Charizard were huge back then. Many loved those two characters as well as Misty for their favorite female.

Very good way to start drawing. Almost everyone draws from what they have on hand. I didn't have any merchandise from Sailor Moon. I mostly drew from memory instead.

Not quite sure myself, but consider it a string of events that led you here to Anime-Sharing~

Graphic Illustration does require a great deal of time and skill. Even for traditional artists, they still try to understand the basics of modern technology.

I feel a bit similarly about spending less money. However, I wanted to live away. In the end, it's been decent, but most of the art students lack that spark as I mentioned since it's not a real art school. It's just a university that offers a BFA.

If it was around April and May, we could have chatted much more often. Although, you have a solid reason as to why it's more enjoyable when people don't frequent the internet or the forums. Like you mentioned, there is plenty to discuss~

I never liked Pikachu... Despite owning a giant Pikachu plushie when I was a child. I never liked Misty either; I liked that Sabrina person. Hipster since I was a child, I guess.

I remember watching Sailor Moon with my uncle. I didn't even know what was going on. I never had any Sailor Moon merchandise either, all I had back then was Pokemon and DBZ merchandise that is forever lost.

My 'orgasmic' drawing led Gwee to Anime Sharing.

Why is everyone in a University? T -T I'm in a polytechnic institute. 'Go Trojans', I guess.

Oh, that reminds me. I have to go onto the other forum to greet everyone.

Sabrina was great. I liked her as well~

Not much to buy back then, but merchandise isn't too important.

Go River Hawks for me then. ^^;;

AG must be grateful that he saw your fantabulous drawing~

I'm not sure which drawing the orgasmic drawing is relating to but I think it might be relating to the one where you said your drawing was bad and I thought it was good. :goodtea:

Nothing wrong with being in a Polytechnic Institute. Sounds much more fun than doing 'Maths' at University. :P

Ah...You did mention that you'll be going to another forum. It'll be sad to see you leave, but it's so soon. Any thoughts on staying/coming back? And it is one of those moments that I can't make you stay no matter?

Hmm my first drawing in an art class was a squirtle cuz it was one of the more complicated drawings in the book with a background and the such~ It was just a trial class but the teacher was like ill give you two hours for the price of one if you join xD Lucky me i suppose~ Though i was in the lower class in my arts high school cuz i was a slow worker and friends were around xD

Go spartans~ Not that i really care... feel like going to a college where its actually just for the arts (sounds like a real pain from what i hear but the work i see from there is quite higher up on the scale which could be because their class is 3 hrs as opposed to 2 but i doubt it somewhat)... as ojou sama said the people at a uni that just has an art class lacks "spark" though i would say that not everyone lacks that "spark"... most do... or maybe its just cuz it was a somewhat basic class xD

whats up contest??

you are totally right samy =]

sabrina:reallyconfused: i wonder do you mean the witch??

oh dice so you are leaving for another forum lol~so....you are bored from this forum?? :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

GIAN wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Always thanks! Could you re-upload this, please?
メモリーズオフ-Innocent Fille-
AnonyMaus_VIII wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Do you still have RJ320029, and RJ323078 ? A re-upload to Mexa would be greatly appreciated.
ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01137631 RJ01137234 RJ01137625 RJ01137638 RJ01155013 RJ01154822 in mexa ? thx
ek9r wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Strawberry Nauts ‐ストロベリーノーツ‐ Full HD Memorial PlusHello. Is it possible to publish this new work? Since none of you have listed it yet.