[LPW #10] Cheers for Anime-Sharing! Yeah!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Alexeon Use Display Fusion, btw
@Teru-kun

Hoshikaka is getting lovely now ♥, I want moar Madoka!

@check,
didnt play the game though(its in my backlog). but from what i heard from that madoka fanboy and some others, the game was an EPIC EPIC failure, given the mega-long delay and resulted 'end-product'. ui and madoka routes are the only ones 'playable'. while thats what they say though, i think the sales and ratings from japan players are a lot better and higher. this, must clarify with madoka fanboy cause he knows more.

saw the anime already. shes a kouhai? just like someone's favorite. anime is generic and all, but its doing good for me i guess. yes, madoka is cute. but me looking out for the other shows this spring~ rawr

So there is already a Madoka VN? Interesting...

So the other day I was trying to see if I could learn to read basic Japanese enough to play a videogame. I was armed with a Hiragana and Katakana chart and my trusty friend Babelfish with Google for backup. I was able to match up some symbols and turn them to romanjii but then Babelfish wouldnt do anything with what I got. Anyone else tried this method and had any sort of success? What am I missing? I am ready to take my time to get the game's storyline not so much for the game's sake but for the chance to do some learning (the game is Super Robot Wars Z2 on the PSP and I tested out my method on some screenshots someone on /m/ had translated. I didnt even get English back from Babelfish so I dont know how accurate they were.)

Figured Id ask since it seems a few people here know some Japanese.

Last edited:
babelfish and google translate does not work.
their translates are completely wrong.

kanji and katakana chart prepared, but when you spell out the words, do you know the meanings?
is your vocab strong enough?
then thats kanji also, different kanji alignments have different meanings too.
in the end, everything boils down to the actual game and sentences used in them.

best is just go learn the language in a course or take lessons. never try to translate the words using babelfish or translator.
i did not have much prior experience on the words too when i first started. so i can tell you, best way is really studying it actually and not rely on charts or dictionaries.

hope me helped.

Last edited:
erm, scratch that.
sometimes translator work for other languages, but for jap, its a dead NO most of the time.

So there is already a Madoka VN? Interesting...

So the other day I was trying to see if I could learn to read basic Japanese enough to play a videogame. I was armed with a Hiragana and Katakana chart and my trusty friend Babelfish with Google for backup. I was able to match up some symbols and turn them to romanjii but then Babelfish wouldnt do anything with what I got. Anyone else tried this method and had any sort of success? What am I missing? I am ready to take my time to get the game's storyline not so much for the game's sake but for the chance to do some learning (the game is Super Robot Wars Z2 on the PSP and I tested out my method on some screenshots someone on /m/ had translated. I didnt even get English back from Babelfish so I dont know how accurate they were.)

Figured Id ask since it seems a few people here know some Japanese.

Since online translators are good if you zoom in a specific word. Give it a sentence... and you might get something.. but usually not coherent.

So you are playing SRW ZII huh... that would be a bit of a problem... its a mash of different series all together. and they usually don't put furigana unless the kanji written is to be meant in a different way.

Not only that, as its a story based on all the different series, their stories intertwine and some terms are kind of obscure and at times can only be found in the anime itself I think.

The lack of female characters is sad which makes the game is rather off putting I think.

O-o Why ONC? don't u have a break? Heh..

@Kou: Grats for getting the activity award. :D

thats bad...
me had time to catch up some shows, can start new series and game tonight, great~

Oh I do have a break for the holiday of course. Thats just it.

Lol ........ madoka (puella magi) =/= madoka (hoshikaka)

Homuhomu > madoka ( I think everyone agrees).

As for hoshikaka, it is mediocre, shallow or generic if you don't want to be harsh, then again it is bad for Micchi whose standards is like already quite low. Why waste time play bad games when you have excellent VNs (YO BACKLOGS!). WHY DON'T HAVE THE CAKE AND EAT IT TOO? < I guess this is the mindset for most of us in the group.

Off to shopping~

Last edited:
> What i watched - [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control > What i expected - Deeper version of Spice and Wolf or Eden of the East > What i get - YuGiOh with credit cards.

Hello KOS-MOS 4!

@ Terumi - not bad still giving a few episodes to go.

hi rare blue

i will watch hana-iro tomorrow when i have time, thats guaranteed.

taking a break to watch animu from fortissimo

before i started, i thought that momiji will be my fav chara, and it turns out
YES!!!!! SHES MEGA CUTE~

haven seen/missed you these past few days.

Missed: as in, when you are here, i am fast asleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01150066 RJ01161627 RJ01159080 RJ01156450 RJ01154608 RJ01153369 RJ01162803 RJ01162386 in mexa ? thx
fireanddream wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine, thanks for your upload.
This game called Abyssal Corruption here got an update that adds a gallery mode
Can I bother you to update it? Someone asked here yesterday too.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240928-すにぃる-abyssal-corruption-rj01234893.1552783/
Puxli wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hey! Could you re-upload RJ01070919 mp3 files?

Appreciate it, thanks!