[LPW #119] Wishing you Happy Valentine’s Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=26]KingArturia[/MENTION]; i wasn't paying attention, so i don't know if you answered these questions, but would those ghost backgrounds be predetermined, or would we be able to choose our own images? and if so, would we be able to change them whenever, or have to wait a while to change them, like a username?

[MENTION=26]KingArturia[/MENTION]; i wasn't paying attention, so i don't know if you answered these questions, but would those ghost backgrounds be predetermined, or would we be able to choose our own images? and if so, would we be able to change them whenever, or have to wait a while to change them, like a username?
Right now adding those backgrounds can only be done manually by users with back-end access (i.e. admins). Suffice to say that King was our first lab rat to see how the new feature would look. A more streamlined process is in the works, but I can't yet elaborate on the details except that it will likely be semi-automatic and not leave full discretion to users considering how prone it is to abuse.

Reactions: Leggy
Right now adding those backgrounds can only be done manually by users with back-end access (i.e. admins). Suffice to say that King was our first lab rat to see how the new feature would look. A more streamlined process is in the works, but I can't yet elaborate on the details except that it will likely be semi-automatic and not leave full discretion to users considering how prone it is to abuse.

i'd like to ask what you mean by "semi-automatic" but i'm assuming the project is in very early stages, and even you're not completely sure. i was thinking it'd either be similar to how we replace our avatars/signatures, where you just upload the image, or probably a little more likely, where there's a selection for us to choose from

i'd like to ask what you mean by "semi-automatic" but i'm assuming the project is in very early stages, and even you're not completely sure. i was thinking it'd either be similar to how we replace our avatars/signatures, where you just upload the image, or probably a little more likely, where there's a selection for us to choose from
The process of changing avatars/signatures is what I'd consider "automatic" as it requires zero input from the back end. Similarly, joining an open social group is also "automatic", as all you need to do is add yourself into the group. On the contrary, joining the staff roster, for example, is what I'd consider a "manual" process as it requires explicit intervention by us. A regular member can't just make herself a moderator without our hands in the matter.

Nonetheless, your remark is correct. There are the technicalities to implementing this new feature in full force and then there are the policies. We haven't even gone through a thorough discussion among ourselves to smooth all the details on either front, so by "can't yet elaborate", I really mean "can't" and not "don't want to".

The process of changing avatars/signatures is what I'd consider "automatic" as it requires zero input from the back end. Similarly, joining an open social group is also "automatic", as all you need to do is add yourself into the group. On the contrary, joining the staff roster, for example, is what I'd consider a "manual" process as it requires explicit intervention by us. A regular member can't just make herself a moderator without our hands in the matter.

Nonetheless, your remark is correct. There are the technicalities to implementing this new feature in full force and then there are the policies. We haven't even gone through a thorough discussion among ourselves to smooth all the details on either front, so by "can't yet elaborate", I really mean "can't" and not "don't want to".

i didn't mean to imply that i thought you just didn't want to share details. it was only barely showed to some of us, so it should be obvious that the details aren't ironed out. i'm just trying to figure out as much as i can. i'm guessing the opacity effect will be automatic? and what do you think might be the max image size?

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; i think this backgrond in the messege/post is a nice feuture for the forum i don't know the specifics for the file size but is very cool that is in testing mode. I hope that future will be also available to use from us in the near future!

As always nice job ;)

i didn't mean to imply that i thought you just didn't want to share details. it was only barely showed to some of us, so it should be obvious that the details aren't ironed out. i'm just trying to figure out as much as i can. i'm guessing the opacity effect will be automatic? and what do you think might be the max image size?
Ah, no, I didn't say that because I thought you were making such an implication either. Take it as a roundabout way of saying "I'm not sure" because not even we ourselves have agreed on the details. For the time being, the opacity needs to be taken care of manually (i.e. the image itself needs to be semi-transparent already) because it's the easiest. I'm not sure yet whether it'll stay this way or we'll automate it through CSS or some other means. Images will likely need to be around 500x400 or less wide including the fadeout effect.

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; i think this backgrond in the messege/post is a nice feuture for the forum i don't know the specifics for the file size but is very cool that is in testing mode. I hope that future will be also available to use from us in the near future!

As always nice job ;)
Wasn't my idea, but thanks for the kind words! Yes, making it available for use by regular members is a plan in the works.

Ah, no, I didn't say that because I thought you were making such an implication either. Take it as a roundabout way of saying "I'm not sure" because not even we ourselves have agreed on the details. For the time being, the opacity needs to be taken care of manually (i.e. the image itself needs to be semi-transparent already) because it's the easiest. I'm not sure yet whether it'll stay this way or we'll automate it through CSS or some other means. Images will likely need to be around 500x400 or less wide including the fadeout effect.

tsk tsk. double posting is unbecoming for a mod XD

well thanks for asking all my pestering questions. that's all i have right now. if i think of any more, i'll ask the next unfortunate mod that passes through the LPW :goodtea:

Wasn't my idea, but thanks for the kind words! Yes, making it available for use by regular members is a plan in the works.

Well who ever is this idea, was nice future i hope we users where able to use this future.

Keep up the good work :D

it only makes sense that brother is ecchi. sky-nee does gravitate towards him the most, so there must be a reason :korokke_meh:

They're just renders D: Most of that page are broken anyway!
And I dunno why Imouto clings to me that much... I'll find a find to send her your way Bro :evillaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

huydgd wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Dear Nihonjaki90. Could you please reup this, take your time. Thank you very much!
huydgd wrote on Kurokaze's profile.
Hi Kurokaze. Could you please reup [160428][5pb.] CHAOS;CHILD + Crack this one, I will be patent. Thank you very much!
huydgd wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, would you reupload these dead links please? I'll be patient, thanks.
[New][160428][5pb.] CHAOS;CHILD + Crack
huydgd wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine, could you reup this one please? Thank you.
[160428][5pb.] CHAOS;CHILD (Crack)
gblok123 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine, could you reup this one please? Thank you.
[230609][家庭菜園] 未熟なわたしを棄てないで。 [RJ01057468]