[LPW#62] Here We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
『It actually depends on what you call yuri. If 1 girl hugging another is already yuri for you than you really couldn't be any further from the truth... Yuri in recent animes is just either a single moment of fan-service where one girl accidentally kisses, hugs, etc another girl or a comedy of one girl aiming (almost always half-jokingly) for another girl that is obviously interested only in guys. In all of these cases, it is obvious that those pairings will never end up together in the main story. But I think it is actually rude to call that yuri...』

『Yo Samye...』

Lol xD Well enjoy watching your epic battle i suppose =w= How long till the world burns or becomes submerged? ;p

[MENTION=13039]MadSova[/MENTION]; uh? Last I checked yuri in anime is romance between females. As in lesbians, to use English terms. It isn't the main type of pairing in anime because people are generally not lesbians and so it is harder to relate to, but it still exists as themes in many shows.

We probably somewhat agree in that I find it to be a frustratingly prevalent 'token character' trope (think like when they throw in some random Black guy into an all-white cast, just to try to appear all-accepting rather than him being important at all), where they add nothing of substance and exist basically solely to make... not even sure what to call it, just fan-service I guess. And I'm not really a fan-service fan 95% of the time.

『And I want something that is actually a true yuri. Not petty fan-service. And for some reason new animes almost have no real yuri. The last good one that came out is Kuttsukiboshi and that one was just OVA... Yeah, its very rare but sometimes there happens to be an anime that really has an actual yuri couple of 2 girls but even then they are always part of sub-cast and don't play a real role in the main plot. And on the other hand Girl Friends manga has 35 long chapters all about relationship of 2 girls. Now do you really think that after experiencing actual good yuri manga I'll be satisfied with a single half-assed couple of sub-characters in some anime?』

『Yes, almost all yuri animes are old ones that have been released long time ago... So after watching all of those I have no choice but to read manga while hoping that next season will have some actual shoujo ai or yuri anime...』

『I think they stuck this thread a few days before though?』

hies bles~ i was playing valkria chronicles the other day and then the char selvaria bles came on and it took me a whole second to remember that it wasnt you lol

Lol hmm did it? xD Im just being nutsy atm =w=

And that video stopped right when you looked up xD Hmm... creepy ;p But anyhow i think ill let it load for a bit~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01165403 RJ01165876 RJ01166085 RJ01167465 RJ01168773 RJ01169912 in mexa ? thx
marcusfinly wrote on gengariscool's profile.
Thanks once again for all of the great posts