[Discussions] SOTM #30 - April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could also try using tools such as curve, photo filter, and vibrance to measure planned colour palette changes in an easy way (though curve isn't as simple as the other two) before applying a more complex method such as using masks. In any case, if you do plan on updating your entry, I'll be looking forward to it.

curve i have used to bring the correct appearance (to me at least) for the render. I have using curve for many years it's way more difficult but with pain after comes beauty.
I was more thoughtful to use more sharpness filter after creating a copy as a full background image to play with and then erase the areas i want and use again one of the blending layer effects to add it to the original one.

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; I just want to confirm something before I start the sig :3

Seeing as the theme is "Fire", it can be interpreted in various ways. I wanted to make a signature with something else in mind.
It's regarding an episode of Hunter x Hunter so I'll put in a spoiler for those who haven't seen it.

the main has this grudge against one of the bad guys. His "fiery hatred/burning desire" to kill her was bone chilling. Thought of making a sig with that in mind but I'm not sure if this strays too far from the actual "Fire Theme" :ohnoes:

curve i have used to bring the correct appearance (to me at least) for the render. I have using curve for many years it's way more difficult but with pain after comes beauty.
I was more thoughtful to use more sharpness filter after creating a copy as a full background image to play with and then erase the areas i want and use again one of the blending layer effects to add it to the original one.
True. Curve isn't nearly as simple to use as most other adjustments. Moreover, if with other filters and adjustments you can remember certain settings/values/slider positions that work well for most images, you can't just do that with curves as every different colour composition requires its own adjustments. If you've gotten used to using curve nicely, I say congratulations.

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; I just want to confirm something before I start the sig :3

Seeing as the theme is "Fire", it can be interpreted in various ways. I wanted to make a signature with something else in mind.
It's regarding an episode of Hunter x Hunter so I'll put in a spoiler for those who haven't seen it.

the main has this grudge against one of the bad guys. His "fiery hatred/burning desire" to kill her was bone chilling. Thought of making a sig with that in mind but I'm not sure if this strays too far from the actual "Fire Theme" :ohnoes:
Hmm, when I thought of "fire" as I decided the theme, I was thinking of the more material kind (i.e. real fire or things related to fire) as opposed to the immaterial kind (e.g. "fire" as a way of expression, like the "burning passion" and "fiery red-headed hottie" I previously mentioned.

However! You can always find ways to materialise the otherwise immaterial fire. For example, if you want to depict someone with a "fiery hatred" or a "burning desire", you can graphically emphasise it, such as by making his hatred or desire actually fiery. How to fire up an otherwise inflammable material is all up to you!

Reactions: unownHGSS
Ah, I see. No problem there. In my opinion, though, the elements in your signature were better integrated with each other without the dragon, so I can understand if you did honestly forget the theme itself and just went ahead with a nice-looking signature.
Actually the flames make that cherry tree background a mess with the colors so I had to add something to cover that, and whats better than a splatter of a dragon, by the way there are 2 game references in that image and dark souls is not the one I used :goodtea:

I see. And I'm not sure what references there are in your signature, to be honest. I don't recognise the characters and am not sure if there's anything else. The dragon looks like something from the Dragon Age games, but I'm not sure what else.

As for Dark Souls, if you're referring to samy's post, I think it was directed at my post instead? I did snip a famous (you can even say overused) quote from Dark Souls in my first post: "If only I could be so grossly incandescent."

True. Curve isn't nearly as simple to use as most other adjustments. Moreover, if with other filters and adjustments you can remember certain settings/values/slider positions that work well for most images, you can't just do that with curves as every different colour composition requires its own adjustments. If you've gotten used to using curve nicely, I say congratulations.

Well i am trying but not all the render / images can work with the same settings in the curve line saturation illumination and other may won't work. Each time i use curve on a render i must match the curve effect to the resemblance coloring tone of the background. Well it's tricky after many fails now i have the courage to say that now i can match the render pretty well with the background. PS and Corel Draw (to create elements it's better the Corel Draw) in use of both of them it leaves me satisfied. Previously i only worked Photoshop. I started with Photoshop 5.5 till now and i can't stop using it.

To be honest Corel Draw and a stylus & the library of the elements even in stock are more satisfied than PS. Also i am willing to learn and use the Manga Studio Pro (but i will leave that here for another time)

Also i am debating my self if i can made one more sig with Kuuko (From Nyaruko) she is a Flame User... Or Kagari (Sekirei)... hm you sure have put me on fire [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION];-sama! It's been a while to have some exchange opinion in art matters :)

/me asks a "random" question at [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION];...

After the fire-season, coming then the liquid opponent of fire the wather (and then the earth and air - well, the other 2 elements...:XD:) than upcoming theme...? I just wonder...:goodtea:

Edit: [MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION]; welcome to the hellish hot event of SOTM!

Whom with the wet element to think, is currently heavy to think for me - except o-furo scenes maybe...:goodtea:

ain't gonna give hints there too many and easy to remember

OK i will give a hint for one of them... she is Sekirei and i have used in the past ;) (one of many possibilities that have strong connections with the water element)

ain't gonna give hints there too many and easy to remember

OK i will give a hint for one of them... she is Sekirei and i have used in the past ;) (one of many possibilities that have strong connections with the water element)

Aaaah... The spark is me jumped now...:korokke_doki: I know now, which do you mean...:korokke_nice:

now you can think how many character with those abilities are there or how of them have connections with water element ;)

Of course, the possible ideas getting more then...xD

BTW, we're now to 4 in this event, we need somehow more invite, because this event is really nice not...?:goodtea:

well all are welcome :)

Well, yeah... But this somehow special... Because fire is my element, and I had not long for this thought (opposite to the others), which siggy be should for this event - This came automatically...:goodtea:

i don't have any problems with elements i have multiple ideas for each elements :)

Of course, you're a multitask-person, where so what from his little finger wizard can... But I prefer nevertheless the warm element...:goodtea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

walls. wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Would it be possible to upload?
RJ386792
RJ433328
RJ140657
RJ181779
ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01161948 RJ01154533 RJ01150027 RJ01161634 RJ01129899 RJ01129041 RJ01129001 RJ01108282 in mexa ? thx
svs wrote on Esan's profile.
Can u reload this link mesa ?
Haramase Taiken Gakushuu ~Shizen no Naka de Seikyouiku!?~
Djlolker wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi,Nihonjaki90.
Could you reup this https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/231014-しんでられ城-アームズブレス2.1410042/
Thank u so much!