KanColle Headquarter!

We talking about WoWs now?

be26267a4024cbd3454917081b485589.png

7697736b1b157073a42c661e6697d1f6.png

(Proof that HE is op being that i faced 3 BBs with only 20k damage and got rekt by a gang of cruisers spamming HE)

I won't say racism, but I do see one form of favoritism over foreign ships, especially the USS. I mean what's with this bullshit of a Montana able to out turn a Fubuki?
Friendly reminder that Yamato can out turn every ship in the game and with good reason, her turn radius was an amazing 680mts at 26kns. DDs don't turn that well since they are long and narrow

Last edited:
Friendly reminder that Yamato can out turn every ship in the game and with good reason, her turn radius was an amazing 680mts at 26kns. DDs don't turn that well since they are long and narrow
Yamato does have amazing turning capabilities.
Yamato_under_air_attack.jpg

I can't find the words to explain it properly but I think King is annoyed at how much turn angle they can do despite being a BB. Instead of doing a proper turning shown in the image above. Nice arc produce by the real Yamato while the game probably have her turning at sharp 30 degrees angle.

Yamato does have amazing turning capabilities.
Yamato_under_air_attack.jpg

I can't find the words to explain it properly but I think King is annoyed at how much turn angle they can do despite being a BB. Instead of doing a proper turning shown in the image above. Nice arc produce by the real Yamato while the game probably have her turning at sharp 30 degrees angle.

Thing is, they do turn well but it takes a while for the rudder to actually move

Yes, Yamato probably have one of the best ship turning circle existed for a BB of that size and weight, no doubt about that. But the fact that Montana is better than Yamato in every way including turning just render IJN ships bad compared to the USS ships, and yes HE shells and Des Moine is probably game breaking at the moment in my opinion.

Until now all I'm seeing are USS ships having all pros without any cons at all. Is there no disadvantages at all?

Until now all I'm seeing are USS ships having all pros without any cons at all. Is there no disadvantages at all?

Other than American Cruiser doesn't come with torpedo (but made up a lot by having massive advantage in terms of firepower) there isn't any disadvantage to American ships at all from what I can see, they just outclass their IJN counterpart easily.

iV1Jv5N.png

Katsuragi Kai joins my fleet! I must admit the art looks amazing...them hair!

Last edited:
[MENTION=29996]ecael[/MENTION] I think I might know the answer to this already, but just making sure: can I sortie my Nagato to say...5-5 and then put another Nagato in Support Expedition of 5-5 xD?

Yes, you can. I used to do this with my Yamato.

As for WoWs balancing between nations, well, I think it is too early to say anything meaningful. Once it is actually released and organized competitive scene shows up like it did for Tanks we might see entirely different dynamics pop up. That and other nation lines have yet to even get stuffed in. It'll be interesting to see if they'll try to focus on some factors as to try to make a distinction between them intentionally even if it isn't historically accurate, or go along with a more general method to try to balance by bringing everything to equal ground.

[MENTION=26]KingArturia[/MENTION]; Congrats on Gahana Hibiki Kai(?):D

I myself just done leveling Akatsuki to lv70. Now only 5-4 spam for Yamato 99 while leveling Kako/Aoba/Shouhou in the process :yawn:

I'm bagging that the rumor regarding her K2 art is true..

Last edited:
541 for Yamato 99? I had a friend that did that in like 3 day or something. According to him it was a pretty reasonable affair.

Haven't seen anything from matome sites in regards to shouhou.

I can't find any other maps which offers good exp to resources trade for Yamato.
Doing PVP and 541 seems to be the best choice for me atm. In 3 days is pretty fast.
I took almost a week on 321 for my Bismarck from 98 > 99. :yawn: Spamming too much increase my boredom levels.

Also have to get a 2nd ring for Yamato and it's not gonna be any time soon. So, I'm just gonna take my sweet time. ;) Sorry King, I'll be taking her before you.. too.

Yes, you can. I used to do this with my Yamato.

As for WoWs balancing between nations, well, I think it is too early to say anything meaningful. Once it is actually released and organized competitive scene shows up like it did for Tanks we might see entirely different dynamics pop up. That and other nation lines have yet to even get stuffed in. It'll be interesting to see if they'll try to focus on some factors as to try to make a distinction between them intentionally even if it isn't historically accurate, or go along with a more general method to try to balance by bringing everything to equal ground.

Really? Is it worth leveling up my spare Nagato/Mutsu for such purpose until maybe I get another Musashi (hopefully Yamato first)?

And probably when the competitive scene will make it at least probably a bit more "balanced" between nations, at the moment I want to see Prinz Eugen, Kaga, Akagi, Bismark, Hood that's currently not in game. Yahagi is welcome but it'll be the Agano that shows up...Actually I'm intrigued to see Littorio class making it as well, since the actually stats in KanColle intrigue me...

[MENTION=26]KingArturia[/MENTION]; Congrats on Gahana Hibiki Kai(?):D

I had to look her up on Google since I didn't know who she is, but I see what you did there ;) I'm pretty sure I'll regret using my last blueprint on her but no regret since both her sisters are in their Kai form, I can't be bias and not let the little sister Katsuragi being left out in her normal form.

Really? Is it worth leveling up my spare Nagato/Mutsu for such purpose until maybe I get another Musashi (hopefully Yamato first)?

And probably when the competitive scene will make it at least probably a bit more "balanced" between nations, at the moment I want to see Prinz Eugen, Kaga, Akagi, Bismark, Hood that's currently not in game. Yahagi is welcome but it'll be the Agano that shows up...Actually I'm intrigued to see Littorio class making it as well, since the actually stats in KanColle intrigue me...
The Kongou in WoWs is actually Hiei according to Nico's militotas saying something about bow shape or something. One chance? Besides, specific ships of a certain class will most likely be a major aspect of their monetization scheme.

I've been driven to the wall with 41cm farms that I am actually going to do Nagato class farms now, but given my previous experiences with skimping on 5-5, I'd say that it isn't really necessary. That map you can probably skimp up to CA+CVL supports as long as you have the equips to back it up. For another nightmare scenario like triple dyson though then it might be worth considering. For the level of effort to get Nagatos up to a usable level though, I'd rather farm up more nikousens to Kai2 for equips and top notch stats.
I can't find any other maps which offers good exp to resources trade for Yamato.
Doing PVP and 541 seems to be the best choice for me atm. In 3 days is pretty fast.
I took almost a week on 321 for my Bismarck from 98 > 99. :yawn: Spamming too much increase my boredom levels.

Also have to get a 2nd ring for Yamato and it's not gonna be any time soon. So, I'm just gonna take my sweet time. ;) Sorry King, I'll be taking her before you.. too.
Well, it was the level of obsession after something like 140 failed rolls or so. My Yamato and Musashi both took like a good 6~8 months before 99 because all I ever did was pvp. Good thing that 5-5 and events has made the journey to 150 much easier.

541 probably most efficient for Yamato.

The Kongou in WoWs is actually Hiei according to Nico's militotas saying something about bow shape or something. One chance? Besides, specific ships of a certain class will most likely be a major aspect of their monetization scheme.

I've been driven to the wall with 41cm farms that I am actually going to do Nagato class farms now, but given my previous experiences with skimping on 5-5, I'd say that it isn't really necessary. That map you can probably skimp up to CA+CVL supports as long as you have the equips to back it up. For another nightmare scenario like triple dyson though then it might be worth considering. For the level of effort to get Nagatos up to a usable level though, I'd rather farm up more nikousens to Kai2 for equips and top notch stats.

I absolutely hate leveling CV, is one of my nightmare. BB I can get them up to around 90 in about 2 weeks or so doing it casually. And he might not be wrong, because in WoWS the name ships is a "Hybrid" of all the ships in its class...so yea it could very well be Hiei's bow since Hiei herself have prototype armor for Yamato after all...

I absolutely hate leveling CV, is one of my nightmare. BB I can get them up to around 90 in about 2 weeks or so doing it casually. And he might not be wrong, because in WoWS the name ships is a "Hybrid" of all the ships in its class...so yea it could very well be Hiei's bow since Hiei herself have prototype armor for Yamato after all...

CV is like the easiest leveling, 3 runs of 5-4 a day for daily and all the sudden you have a fleet of them. Can do 3 of them at once too. My CVs level so fast that I am now leveling 2 pairs of nikousen simultaneously to keep up with the farm rate, lol.

CV is like the easiest leveling, 3 runs of 5-4 a day for daily and all the sudden you have a fleet of them. Can do 3 of them at once too. My CVs level so fast that I am now leveling 2 pairs of nikousen simultaneously to keep up with the farm rate, lol.

I thought you can only convert the plane once? So wouldn't farming SuiSei 12A be better? :S

I thought you can only convert the plane once? So wouldn't farming SuiSei 12A be better? :S

Yes, but the base Ekusa planes are still a hefty 10bomb 4acc, 2 of them on Hiryuu kai2 brings it over firepower cap for 90% of the time (or 100 if have saiun), so you can actually run the absurd setup of 2 base Ekusa 2 32radar. Souryuu and Taihou with the same setup misses cap by a bit, but that's where you can compensate with the upgraded planes. Tomonaga planes serve as a decent replacement for Hiryuu as well.

CarDiv 2 planes have better ACC no?
Them be the Ekusa/Tomonaga planes at 4/3 acc respectively. Even prior to quest update, these are top class equips that are well worth your time to farm if you want to minmax.

I feel like getting them again but I don't feel like leveling CarDiv2 again just for the planes and mod fodder afterwards.
Best to wait for CarDiv5 K2 planes which I think they will probably be as good. It's a "what IF" after all.

I feel like getting them again but I don't feel like leveling CarDiv2 again just for the planes and mod fodder afterwards.
Best to wait for CarDiv5 K2 planes which I think they will probably be as good. It's a "what IF" after all.
They'll probably be just as good or slightly better, but given the fact that they are IF upgrades and likely eat blueprints, they won't be exactly a viable farm. Nikousen on the other hand you can have uses for up to 3 pairs and upgrades without any time-limited resources. If they don't use blueprints though, well, it is going to be fun farming up additional gokousens.

Anyway, this was originally about what dupes one would farm for support purposes. Considering that you want at least a good lvl 70~80 for supports to be consistent for the hardest scenarios, I felt like roi of effort for farming nikousens by far outweights that of additional Nagato classes. Especially now that we can probably use pasta ships for support.

Users who are viewing this thread