Living in Japan as a (Young) Expat

Would you like to live in Japan?

• Total voters
By the way... Can any one help me finding the BlazBlue OST... all of them if you can... I need it for my cosplay performance next week... Oh.. Yeah... Uninstall, Sorry that I spam all over your thread... hahahah.. we're still cool right?

Sorry once again Pachi... I'll just add one more 'out of line' discussion just to help SainTPrimE

If you haven't searched in the 'search button' or asked for some requests or re-ups if the links are down...

Try out this site... just type the name like 'BlazBlue' and the specific ost or music you want... It's in Chinese. Type in the blue box and press 'railgun' to see the results.

To stay on topic... I suppose transportation could be another issue to discuss... Just a thought~ ^^

Hey guys.. Don't worry about it haha just as long as this doesn't get dropped into spam section it's fine hehehe (^ω^ )
Anyway yeah writing the bit about time and trains now.. Oh and here's a track

Sorry once again Pachi... I'll just add one more 'out of line' discussion just to help SainTPrimE

If you haven't searched in the 'search button' or asked for some requests or re-ups if the links are down...

Try out this site... just type the name like 'BlazBlue' and the specific ost or music you want... It's in Chinese. Type in the blue box and press 'railgun' to see the results.

To stay on topic... I suppose transportation could be another issue to discuss... Just a thought~ ^^

Oh.. Sankyuu... >_<
It's fine, I can read Japs. Thanks for the how to any way.... Wait.. Chinese? But I think I saw some Kana on the web page...

Last edited:
The guy above me is absolutely right...

By the way... Can any one help me finding the BlazBlue OST... all of them if you can... I need it for my cosplay performance next week... Oh.. Yeah... Uninstall, Sorry that I spam all over your thread... hahahah.. we're still cool right?

!!!!

Which BlazBlue cosplay will you be doing? :O

It has gotten me excited *uhuhu*.

!!!!

Which BlazBlue cosplay will you be doing? :O

It has gotten me excited *uhuhu*.

Me? I do Ragna cause last year I already do Jin's cosplay.. My girl did Noel last year this year... Rachel I guest....
Did you do cosplay to? By any chance?

Oh.. Uninstall (I don't think you already added this yet..) how about an article about the Japanese street culture (Cosplay and other stuff) in it's home town (Akiba). If you already been there, I have been there quite a few times during holidays..

Unofrtunately I don't cosplay but I enjoy seeing people cosplay. =]

Part 8: Time (and Trains) Part 1

Some of the stuff that may be relevant in this part my have been mentioned before. In the case that I refer to them, I will put up a quote of the part I talked about before, so if you've already read it, just skip through it.

Time is an important thing to think about when in Japan.
Firstly, the time in Japan is UTC/GMT+9 (Japan Standard Time). Captain obvious is obvious but I just wanted to get started but I thought it would be cool to start that way (´∀`)

Anyways...
As I've said before, being on time is a damn big deal in Japan. Japan is precise and orderly and precise about the time - The chances are high that you're used to making appointments on the fly in your home country - "hey wanna meet up in lunch?" may be common.
In Japan, everything is arranged far beforehand. And once you arrange something, come on time whether it's a doctor's appointment, hairdresser's... or if you want to keep your friends..

Now, you may think it's okay to come a minute late..Unfortunately this is not the case. Coming only a few minutes late is looked down upon. Now how do I know if I'm late? Just refer to the clock in the train stations. Perhaps teh smartest thing to do in Japan after getting out of customs and getting a train ticket to wherever you will have to be, is to change your clock on your watch, phone like the time on the train platform. Not only will it help you with your appointments, but literally everything, for example knowing when the train is coming.

Absolutely everything is orderly and on time in Japan. The train arrive by the second it's sheduled. Honestly. Say if it says that the train will arive 13.25 on the platform screen, the train will arrive about 10 seconds to 13.25 and the doors will open exactly on 13.25. Heck, here's a video to prove how orderly and disciplined the train conductors are.
'

I always loved watching the train conductors, they do their work in full discipline and it looks graceful, how they do their thing.

Anyways, from here I'll quickly quote from one of the earlier parts about trains, so that I can continue about trains. Oh, and by the way, what I'm about to mention is pretty much the same deal for metros - however my experience with metros isn't so large because they are quite expensive. In fact, the deeper the metro runs, the more expensive it gets.

Chances are high that you'll start off the day using the train or metro depending on where you live. It will become a routine, and God forbid that you may have to take a train that is busy during peak times in the big cities. It's a mess. I'm sure you've seen those videos but it really is like that! Also as I'm sure you've seen it in whatever dirty stuff you watch, groping can happen, but it's easily avoided if you're a female. In fact in some big cities they have a "women's only" train or metro car which is obviously just for the ladies, elderly, disabled, pregnant ladies, young children etc.
Basically what you see in your favourite train-groping hentai game is pretty much what goes in the heads of countless perverted middle-aged salary men hehe (〃´▽`)

Trains, trains.. In fact, Japan is one of the most advanced (if not, the advanced) country on the planet in terms of railway infrastructure, funnily enough as trains were new in Japan since the very late 19th century.
So yeah, don't be surprised if trains will turn out to be a large part of your life in Japan. Of course there are other means of public transport such as buses or trams, but in the large cities the most convenient means of transport is by rail. In most cases, you will need something called an IC Card (You don't really need it, but if you're going to be living there, you will literally make your life feel a lot shorter than it actually is). It's basically a smart card where you can store credit, which you can use in vending machines, shops, metros and trains. Here's an extensive article on those cards. Anyways in every station you can recharge these, really simple, there's an English option as well in most of the stations!
Here's a video:

This video is based on Tokyo, but assuming you'll arrive in Tokyo it may be handy - anyway, I believe in Kansai it's pretty much the same.

Oh, and if you ever run into any trouble with the machines..

haha anyways that was part 1 of the trains, more soon!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Evac
Unofrtunately I don't cosplay but I enjoy seeing people cosplay. =]

What's with that attitude... You'll get addicted after you gets behind the wheels...
Any way, I need advice... Which one's better...
The Opening Music or the Ragna's theme "Black Onslaught'' ?

I forgot about that web... But it's still on the "Coming Soon" Stage.. What's up with that?

I forgot about that web... But it's still on the "Coming Soon" Stage.. What's up with that?

Still working on it.. We're a 3 man team (2 in terms of the website development) so it's gonna take a while, perhaps even until August..
。゚(゚ノn`*゚)゚。
Anyways when it's done hopefully we'll have more people working on it, we'll definately cover music, fashion and urban lifestyle, perhaps similar to a guide kind of thing, like this thread.

weblayout-9.jpg

hiphoppage-1.jpg

Anyways on topic, hope you guys will get something from the newest part about time and trains!
(*´∀人)

Until then, a track

Last edited:
What's with that attitude... You'll get addicted after you gets behind the wheels...
Any way, I need advice... Which one's better...
The Opening Music or the Ragna's theme "Black Onslaught'' ?

Which opening theme are you referring to? The one for Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Console, Continuum Shift Arcade, Continuum Shift II or Continuum Shift Extend?

Which opening theme are you referring to? The one for Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Console, Continuum Shift Arcade, Continuum Shift II or Continuum Shift Extend?

CS Extended or maybe CS 2.... Sorry not to mention about it earlier...

Nice web page if you ask me... Quite 'smooth' if I might say for the work of 2 man... I'd be happy to help but... I have to go to high school this July....
Any way.. those tracks.. are those the ones that you post on the first page? and is the web focused on Japanese Modern Music?

I'd say to go with Extend's opening theme. Unless you are planning on using dialogue then use Black Onslaught.
And if your girlfriend is cosplaying with you as Rachel then White Requiem would be the best choice.
I would only use CS2's opening if you have a large cast.

Reactions: SainTPrimE
Ah... Nice one.... I haven't thought of that... >(>_<)<
Sankyuu.... I'll use some dialogue for this one... But it'll be hard if we are going to make a fighting scene.. cause.. Nago and Gii are used as Rachel's primary weapon... I guess I'll have to make dialogue like the ones in the drama CD....

Once again.. Uninstall.. Gomennasai..... for spaming alover the thread..

I must also apologise for the same reasons Uninstall. Forgive me.
Would it be possible to also talk about the festivals they have in Japan too? Though it is possible to search it up, I would like to hear about your experiences. =]

AhGwee.... I hope he's not mad at us....

Matsuri.. Hanabi... Takoyaki.. >_<
In local shrines it's usually the same.... stands, Mikoshi... and those sorts of things...
Here's a link for the dates and guides...

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2063.html

But if you ask for personal experience.. I can't say much... cause I have been to a festival only once... during my last year there...

Haha as long as this doesn't get pulled to spam section (*ゝω・)

Anyways thanks for the link, Saint - may be handy for [MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION]

Reactions: renano
Your Welcome...

What's up with that avatar.... It looks like a Javanese Puppet....

[MENTION=25346]Uninstall[/MENTION] [MENTION=27188]SainTPrimE[/MENTION]

Thank you to the both of you~ ^^ Great information~

you boys talking all about japan... now im getting a homesick... uguu!!! :foreveralone:

you boys talking all about japan... now im getting a homesick... uguu!!! :foreveralone:

Haha I know right me too 。゚(。ノдヽ。)゚。
I miss the smell of downtown Kanazawa in the morning..

Or the Meguro Sta., Tokyo atmosphere after school finishes..

Haha I know right me too 。゚(。ノдヽ。)゚。
I miss the smell of downtown Kanazawa in the morning..

Or the Meguro Sta., Tokyo atmosphere after school finishes..

Aw.. come on... you made me start remembering my day there...
I miss my friends now... >(T_T)<

Last edited:
Kanagawa, eh? that's kinda close... (well not too close) to my home! im at Chichibu, Saitama

well... i'll be sure to return home at october, since my duty in this area will be finish!
just around 4-5 more month!!!

when i home, i'll be sure to slacking all day! not even my sister will stop me! :XD:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Erik7777 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Would you upload RJ01167156? thx
geometry622 wrote on UFO's profile.
Heya, Would it be possible for you to upload https://fantia.jp/posts/2987578 ?
Thank you
Kateni wrote on Shine's profile.
Jelly-filled Donut wrote on zhonyk's profile.
May I humbly ask for a reupload of this? The links are dead
香慈と裏ノ世界
Jelly-filled Donut wrote on caminante654's profile.
Excuse me, may I humbly request you to reupload the dead links of this title?
さくらちゃん はじめてのおるすばん