Living in Japan as a (Young) Expat

Would you like to live in Japan?

• Total voters
Kanagawa, eh? that's kinda close... (well not too close) to my home! im at Chichibu, Saitama

Haha actually I'd be quite far away from you; actually Kanazawa in Ishikawa-Ken.
Later moved to Daikanyama area, Meguro.. It's an expat area, many people that work in the embassies located in Meguro live in or around the residency Shinagawa areas (Ebisu, Gotanda, etc....) , but now my home is the Netherlands, and maybe for a long time it will be; I don't really see myself returning to Japan to live.. Maybe in the far future (´・ω・`*)

Kanagawa, eh? that's kinda close... (well not too close) to my home! im at Chichibu, Saitama

well... i'll be sure to return home at october, since my duty in this area will be finish!
just around 4-5 more month!!!

when i home, i'll be sure to slacking all day! not even my sister will stop me! :XD:

Duty? So You leave Japan because of your Job?

I think so.... The true calling for your life can came from any where, right?
Oh.. Yeah.. About that University scholarship that I ask to you? Already got some info on that, man?
Well.. no need to rush... but if you already got some info about it.. don't forget to tell me..

[MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION] ojou sama Hmm running away together... sounds quite very romantic xD Btw the apple not falling far from the tree actually has a genetic basis cuz genetics has some influence on your personality so that might be why someone similar to their parents and everything :3

Hmm being on time xD Im usually a minute or so late to everything :x So much for living there... but actually... my friends are much later than meh usually =.= Is the traffic is japan bad or the train/metro just faster?

[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION]

Oh... :goodtea: Would you do the same if that ever occurred to you?

If I recall... most ride the trains... due to its convenience. (You know... there's an anime about those subways except they appear human... bishies...) ^^

I believe you won't run away~ :goodtea: You need a very good 'push' to do so~

Not as random or funny as Hetalia, but good enough to satisfy my bishie craving~

To stay on topic~

Well my parents probably wont arrange a marriage so i probably wont need to~ :goodtea: But if they ever do... depend if theres someone else i had liked already... would probably be enough of a push~

Lol bishie craving xD hmm i dont have that atm~ dont seem to have as much craving as other guys~

Pushing to get in xD Well too crowded~ Empty trains here usually as i said before somewhere~

And what is the result of that 'push' if I may ask? :goodtea:

Probably because you're pretty 'new' in the anime world~ You'll 'feel' or 'crave' something... whether it's a genre, certain music, etc. over time~

Some people still take the trolleys where I live~ Japan is pretty dependent on their railway system.

Contribute a video Sam to stay on topic of the thread~

Ehh well... i think ill live :x However difficult or not it might get...

Hmm well i might be a bit too neutral to have much of a crave~

The public transport here... people need a car if they ever feel like leaving the city otherwise its difficult...

A video.... :x I guess ill go find something

Any stories to contribute then... in relation to holidays/ceremonies/festivities that corresponds to Japan? :goodtea:

Any 'cravings' for Japanese food then?

Any suggestions for transportation in regard to Japan?

/me wait for video.

Hmm theres that japanese tea garden around here but i dont think they know the difference between chinese and japanese half the time...

Ehh had sushi and stuff before~ I dont really crave it though ;3

Well idk :x dont know too much about japan.... that i can rely on...

Does this work?

I just started reading and im at the part how to properly sit down. Aiya.... holy crap xD i have i guess.... people say i have massive calf muscle and it doesnt help at all xD. Ill finish it later though :3 great read.

Tea... I grew up with more Chinese influence though... Jasmine~

Japan still has those tea ceremonies~

Hmm... have not once eaten sushi~ :goodtea:

Police ride on horses as well around here~ Maybe Pachi can discuss about the police/law enforcement or something...

Hmm... good enough for a video...

Sitting... Good to be respectful.

I'm going to respond to everyone properly once I get on my pc but let me tell you, the amount my calves have grown those 3~4 years isn't even funny any more

Verstuurd via Tapatalk

Tea... I grew up with more Chinese influence though... Jasmine~

Japan still has those tea ceremonies~

Hmm... have not once eaten sushi~ :goodtea:

Police ride on horses as well around here~ Maybe Pachi can discuss about the police/law enforcement or something...

Hmm... good enough for a video...

Sitting... Good to be respectful.

:shockmenft::shocked: im not big on sushi but it's something you should try D:
too bad you cant go to the thing i invited you to xD
Sushi is okay. I mean im not big on the raw thing but there are cooked ones too. My favorite is called Spider Maki. It's a deep fryed Soft Crab wrapped up. It's sooo good :bigeyes: i would buy you the exact some Roll if i had the chance :goodtea:

Last edited:
:shockmenft::shocked: im not big on sushi but it's something you should try D:
too bad you cant go to the thing i invited you to xD
Sushi is okay. I mean im not big on the raw thing but there are cooked ones too. My favorite is called Spider Maki. It's a deep fryed Soft Crap wrapped up. It's sooo good :bigeyes: i would buy you the exact some Roll if i had the chance :goodtea:

Crap? :goodtea:

Thank you Viet... I'm sure you have a nice palette~ ^^

I'd still enjoy the food you'd pick...~ ^^

Guess I should try more Japanese cuisine...~

I tryed Ramen for the first time this year. I was so hyped about it. It was...... Okay i guess. It was from a restaurant called Wagamama in Boston. was kinda disappointed

Haha actually I'd be quite far away from you; actually Kanazawa in Ishikawa-Ken.
Later moved to Daikanyama area, Meguro.. It's an expat area, many people that work in the embassies located in Meguro live in or around the residency Shinagawa areas (Ebisu, Gotanda, etc....) , but now my home is the Netherlands, and maybe for a long time it will be; I don't really see myself returning to Japan to live.. Maybe in the far future (´・ω・`*)

d'oh! ishikawa... i remember using train there need to circlying around first! but it's an old and very nice place! and the fish in there are yummy since they're fresh from the sea

Duty? So You leave Japan because of your Job?

ya... my job demands me to traveling alot

Hmm yes the teas i get are more chinese xD wants to see one of those tea ceremonies~

Sushi... i dont really care for raw fish... but people like it so idk

Seiza xD I sat like that for quite a bit in judo~ Im somewhat used to it now~

yup. i prepared myself so i knew what to expect when i visited, and it still did not diminish my goal to live in japan someday.

yup. i prepared myself so i knew what to expect when i visited, and it still did not diminish my goal to live in japan someday.

Hahaha well at least you have the right ideas of what it's like, overall it's a lot more fun if you're prepared, I think culture shock is what ruins the experience for many foreigners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

mizuno ai wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please reupload RJ264706? thx
dornhog wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi Nihonjaki90, if at all possible, could you reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/posts/6236814
Thanks so much
carlwangsg wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please update
✨Shine✨[ちなころ/えるふ茶園][JA/EN/ZH]極限改変・魔法少女ミスティックルーンver.0.3.0β
to ver.0.4.0β?

Thanks.