Visual Novel Cafe

[MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION]; No fears, still ok with those minor sentences/things mentioned. Plot is twisted??? o.0 I thought it was all stupid with the Duke trying to screw them up only. Nothing more than fap? I am a-OK with that. Wasnt expecting anything already after that trial.

the story tells far beyond that... but like i said, the comedy ruins all the mood, makes you think whether you're reading a serious story or just a comedy. which in time making you lost interest to read further and start using either ctrl or skip just to know the ending.

kusoge :angvoodoo: kusoge :raging: kusoge :vomitblood:

the story tells far beyond that... but like i said, the comedy ruins all the mood, makes you think whether you're reading a serious story or just a comedy. which in time making you lost interest to read further and start using either ctrl or skip just to know the ending.

kusoge :angvoodoo: kusoge :raging: kusoge :vomitblood:

I obviously didnt know what or why i was reading it (the trial) back, just for art maybe. Held back on my CTRL button. Will still attempt to read of course. Wasnt expecting much with those background settings already, they need to drop the blood-related sister routes before it starts creeping me out (as usual). Miyabi's a cute one, but no. Story's a big no already for me, everything is too conveniently set up and resolved. I felt trial gag moments werent up to standard already.

And Demonion II had a pretty update a few days ago, 2 more 'heroines' of a neutral party, this time an alien being and a goddess? Silvery girls aint my thing, but the other's gonna be just fine. In fact, more the merrier now that they revealed the last 2 ??? slots.

Just noticed but AXL's new game; all heroines have oppai! Is that a sign!?!?! Am I going to download and play my first ever AXL game? :3
[MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION]; saw your post using vpn to access jpn hibiki site, can tell me how?!?! :)

Just noticed but AXL's new game; all heroines have oppai! Is that a sign!?!?! Am I going to download and play my first ever AXL game? :3
[MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION]; saw your post using vpn to access jpn hibiki site, can tell me how?!?! :)

go register here it's the same method i used for playing kancolle whenever im out of japan

[MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION]; Oh, dont quite understand though, I am a comp retard after all. Its free? Will see how again then.

[MENTION=77]Terumi[/MENTION]; don't worry... i'll write an easy guideline how to A B C

And everyone becomes imouto. LOL~

Hmm, when should I start playing....

Imouto invasion. Haha.

Finally finished Baka Moe, although I just skimmed through it. Really absurd stories anyway. I still have to wait for the patch for Juukishi, so I'll start off with Daitoshokan. This month will be too busy for me to play online games.

EDIT:
I really like the layout of this Daitoshokan. Actually, I like how August put effort into making the game very customizable. I also like how they arrange the interface. I should probably try out Yoake soon to see how different the new games are from the old ones. Unfortunately, I just can't get into the mood to read something like Yoake. I've seen the anime years ago and it's not something I particularly like. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good either. I guess it's because the male protagonist lacks impact. There's also Fortune Arterial, but as with Yoake, I just don't feel like reading that genre. Well, I'm sure I'll read those two some time in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: lconklejean
The layout used for Dreaming Sheep's story selection is the same layout as Moonlight Cradle, actually.

Be warned, though, August games older than Eustia that run on ancient BGI engine got problems with Windows 7...unless you somehow get your hands on a Win 7 version or a Win 7 patch.

Oh yeah. I remember someone telling me that Fortune Arterial has a Win7 version. I'll try not to forget once I do get the games.

Daitoshokan is quite fun. Although I do remember that I was a bit disappointed with the original. It just lacked impact IMHO. Nonetheless, there are quite a lot of scenes that made me laugh and smile. And I think August games have a certain appeal to them, despite some characters looking like clones. I especially like how they manipulate lighting and blurring. And in Daitoshokan, there are those short insert scenes of some sort.

@Animaksiat
Well, anime adaptations will almost always be terrible when compared to written media. Let's look forward to the anime version of Grisaia.

@Terumi
Why? You don't like August products?

[MENTION=83906]lilygel[/MENTION];

Well, I do notice Yoake (and all its relatives) for Windows 7, and Daitoshokan for Windows 8 on their page too... Strangely enough, the Clean version (Brighter than the Dawning Blue) somehow manage to run on my Windows 7 computer...and an even older game (Hanihani) managed to run. FA can run thanks to the Win 7 patch provided by translation project here. The original doesn't work (reg.exe error), and I have yet to test Moonlight Cradle.

...after getting indulged in VNs I have never given a dang to anime anymore. I feel very much like an alien, but I'll live.

[MENTION=83906]lilygel[/MENTION];

Well, I do notice Yoake (and all its relatives) for Windows 7, and Daitoshokan for Windows 8 on their page too... Strangely enough, the Clean version (Brighter than the Dawning Blue) somehow manage to run on my Windows 7 computer...and an even older game (Hanihani) managed to run. FA can run thanks to the Win 7 patch provided by translation project here. The original doesn't work (reg.exe error), and I have yet to test Moonlight Cradle.

...after getting indulged in VNs I have never given a dang to anime anymore. I feel very much like an alien, but I'll live.

Same here. Almost. There are times when I do relax and just watch anime. Reading VNs requires a bit of effort since I have to read and translate. On the other hand, when I watch anime, I can simply lie down and play the file. Anyway, I think my general impression on anime changed after reading quite a number of VNs. They almost always appear shallow to me. I know I cannot expect anime to deliver a lengthy character development, but I just can't help it. Nonetheless, there are also times when I imagine the VN I'm reading as an anime. An example would be Hapymaher. Personally, I think it will be quite a nice project provided that it's well backed up financially. At the same time, there's another side of me that doesn't want to see it to be actually animated because I know it will fall short when compared to the VN.

And now, I just finished my first route in Daitoshokan. It was quite fun. And it really gave me that impression that it's an FD, unlike Hapymaher Fragmentation Dream, which felt more of a sequel than an FD. I should be able to finish the whole Daitoshokan FD in a week.

@Animaksiat
Well, anime adaptations will almost always be terrible when compared to written media. Let's look forward to the anime version of Grisaia.

@Terumi
Why? You don't like August products?

no no no.... it's the worst of anime adaptation... a freaking nightmare... be it the character design, nor the plot... even the animation are sucks as hell
here's a sample...
this is the worst part of the anime that has become a legend.

VUPfOIj.jpg

S0yMEXp.jpg

and that's not a ball, it's a cabbage... i tell you... that's a cabbage!

Watched Walroma anime adaption...2nd episode, fanservice every three minutes, quit.

...and why is that "cabbage" make me think "Velociraptor meat"...

[MENTION=83906]lilygel[/MENTION]; Not that I dislike, just will never go around playing them I guess. If its anything I dislike, its their artist bekkankou, whose over-abuse of the similar looking characters will never ever be forgiven in my books. Look at all their heroines, its just literally a different hair color each time. I MEAN IT.
[MENTION=7737]Animaksiat[/MENTION]; not those images again, lol.

And yes, VN adapted animes are generally bad, I mean bad. Character designs would save it, the common 1 cour symtomps either. Probably only Steins;Gate in recent memory and years have made it good enough for general vn-gamers to accept. Maybe mashiiro too and some others whom I cant remember properly. Lest, look at what recent ones did. Walkure was a walking disaster that happened, and it is my favorite game till date. Yosuga was ok I guess, but original game was only about the twincest that everyone lusted for. Nothing saves a VN-adapted anime unless there's a big push and solid funding behind the project. In short, original is still best.

For some reason...I almost never like the "dominant" heroine in most cases...guess that's why I never really like VN anime adaption.

...and I think ToHeart anime series (from the first to the latest AD, at least) are okay, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

lenlen wrote on Shine's profile.
ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01165403 RJ01165876 RJ01166085 RJ01167465 RJ01168773 RJ01169912 in mexa ? thx
marcusfinly wrote on gengariscool's profile.
Thanks once again for all of the great posts