Star Trek VS Star Wars

Star Trek VS Star Wars, which is better?

• Star Trek

Votes: 50 45.0%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 61 55.0%

• Total voters
Luckily all the Trek shows are on Netflix so I can watch them whenever I want :goodtea:

Watching TNG right now.

Morning here....but you Sir made my day !!! ( 8 : 00 a.m now / Tng on Tele 5 in Germany at 10 : 00 a.m...4 season,can´t wait...+ Pizza is on the way...:) )

Reactions: T-ELOS
Morning here....but you Sir made my day !!! ( 8 : 00 a.m now / Tng on Tele 5 in Germany at 10 : 00 a.m...4 season,can´t wait...+ Pizza is on the way...:) )

LOL, I ordered pizza as well. Dominos.

I'm watching S4 EP12 The Wounded

LOL, I ordered pizza as well. Dominos.

I'm watching S4 EP12 The Wounded

No Domino´s here....just an Ordinary "100 % Italian" Pizza from a 100% German Rastaurant lol...anyway...Beef,Beans,Bacon and Jalapenos.Im ok with that for now :) And on top of that Tele 5 is to show remastered TOS on Weekend.Kind of Best of Episodes....Jim Kirk,Bones,Spock and Scotty....Good old Days and Best ST Crew EVER !!! ;) ah and enjoy your Pizza btw...

No Domino´s here....just an Ordinary "100 % Italian" Pizza from a 100% German Rastaurant lol...anyway...Beef,Beans,Bacon and Jalapenos.Im ok with that for now :) And on top of that Tele 5 is to show remastered TOS on Weekend.Kind of Best of Episodes....Jim Kirk,Bones,Spock and Scotty....Good old Days and Best ST Crew EVER !!! ;) ah and enjoy your Pizza btw...

I like German pizza though, it's good. I just got Pepperoni.

They show TNG on BBC America here sometimes.

I like German pizza though, it's good. I just got Pepperoni.

They show TNG on BBC America here sometimes.

Already bought all Season Boxes for TOS/TNG/DS9/Voyager...it was like 400 Euro but worth every cent though....Enterprise is next...one day ;) My living Room is like Anime figures as you enter...then My Holy Star Trek shrine...All Boxes,Posters,Phaser,Pad,Communicator & Pins,some figures & ship,models...my Ex was like : " What the Fuck is wrong with you ? " " You think you are Sheldon or what ?...." .... Im just aMan on a Mission...lol :)))

For me, the ST timeline I'll always consider canon is the non-JJ one. Even if no new ones come out I still have the books to keep the world going. :smug:

Seems quite ironic that to open up the future (even an alternate one), they went back and used characters from the past. I'd rather move onward to the 24th and 25th centuries with wholly new crews. Get me an Enterprise-G already.

I totally agree, couldn't have said it better

Reactions: Arylin
Only thing I don't like about the recent books is the tendency to kill off new command officers before they even get the chance to be permanent on the job (particularly on the TNG Enterprise). You'd get new people coming in, then less than half a dozen books later they're either burnt out by events (and transferred out) or they die horribly like they're wearing extra-red shirts and get replaced by even more replaceable characters. The only ones with plot armor are the members of the original command crews of the famous ships; even virtually annihilated Data got resurrected in the last book I read.

For example, Worf got a potential new love in the form of his new security officer, and lost her just as he was thinking of going steady. At this point I wonder if every woman he's going to approach is going to get fridged, like some running joke of the universe. Must he always be the angsty guy with a dark past of losing lovers to enemies? Status quo may be god sometimes, but this is getting a bit tiresome.

Only thing I don't like about the recent books is the tendency to kill off new command officers before they even get the chance to be permanent on the job (particularly on the TNG Enterprise). You'd get new people coming in, then less than half a dozen books later they're either burnt out by events (and transferred out) or they die horribly like they're wearing extra-red shirts and get replaced by even more replaceable characters. The only ones with plot armor are the members of the original command crews of the famous ships; even virtually annihilated Data got resurrected in the last book I read.

For example, Worf got a potential new love in the form of his new security officer, and lost her just as he was thinking of going steady. At this point I wonder if every woman he's going to approach is going to get fridged, like some running joke of the universe. Must he always be the angsty guy with a dark past of losing lovers to enemies? Status quo may be god sometimes, but this is getting a bit tiresome.

Lol. Poor Worf. All his love interest always die.

I just got a peek of some of the script (leaked) for the new ST movie, Star Trek, The Great Merchandizer!

Kirk: Spock, we have to beam down to the planet ToyMart for more supplies. Be sure you have your Mattel phaser, with genuine laser pointer, and spinning power dial.
Spock: I should also carry my Kennor tricorder, with authentic blinking lights and beeping sounds when the buttons are pressed.
Scotty: I'll beam ye right down with my Ideal transport station, with real sparkly lights that drop down to the bottom.
McCoy: Where can I get a red shirt, so I get killed off from this fiasco early?
Spock: Logically, you can purchase one from Hasbro's line of Jr Star Trek crewman's uniforms, all colors and ranks available.

Wow! This movie could be just as good as all of the Star Trek and Star Wars movies combined! :thumbup:

:evillaugh:

Maybe I should... it does have a certain artistic appeal. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:laughpanda:

Reactions: fguelffstan
still wonder why so many people hate Voyager....so much better than DS9 ! best series...along with TOS.But still better then TNG and Ent...Wish there was a Movie with the Coyager crew.Maybe a crossover Voy/DS9/Voy kind of Movie...Would be great.

still wonder why so many people hate Voyager....so much better than DS9 ! best series...along with TOS.But still better then TNG and Ent...Wish there was a Movie with the Coyager crew.Maybe a crossover Voy/DS9/Voy kind of Movie...Would be great.

I have to disagree sorry. While voyager was a great show, it was not better then TNG, or DS9. Just my opinion of course everyone has their favorites. Voyager had a very rushed ending as well. It was still a great show though, they had a fantastic crew.

I have to disagree sorry. While voyager was a great show, it was not better then TNG, or DS9. Just my opinion of course everyone has their favorites. Voyager had a very rushed ending as well. It was still a great show though, they had a fantastic crew.

Neelix was like the Wesley Crusher of Voy...anyway.Maybe its because Voy was my first Trek series i watched from the very first episode....and yea it had some bad episodes ( like every trek series...) but still i feel when into some trek Forums like Voy is way underrated....i mean DS9 wa so boring until season 6 or so ( Defiant,Dominion War....) still so many people love DS9...WHY ??? anyway...TNG is boring until season4,as is ENT...

Neelix was like the Wesley Crusher of Voy...anyway.Maybe its because Voy was my first Trek series i watched from the very first episode....and yea it had some bad episodes ( like every trek series...) but still i feel when into some trek Forums like Voy is way underrated....i mean DS9 wa so boring until season 6 or so ( Defiant,Dominion War....) still so many people love DS9...WHY ??? anyway...TNG is boring until season4,as is ENT...

Naturally,, all three series had a different concept and overall feel. People watched them for different reasons.

Personally, I watched every episode of each, and enjoyed the whole Star Trek experience.

One of the things I particularly liked about Voyager, was it's similarity ot the original Star Trek. Each one had a powerful, take no prisoners captain, a Vulcan to moderate situations, and a high nosed doctor for drama and comic relief. Both Star Trek and Voyager traveled through a space that didn't really want them there, crewed by an eccentric bunch that always kept faith in the future.

Like it or not, Voyager is a legitimate part of the Star Trek universe.

As to crossovers, DS9 had many episodes featuring past members of TNG, and even took on a certain surly KLingon exec officer. Voyager occasionally guested a member of TNG.

I hope the new ST series doesn't bomb, like the latest movies. :(

Naturally,, all three series had a different concept and overall feel. People watched them for different reasons.

Personally, I watched every episode of each, and enjoyed the whole Star Trek experience.

One of the things I particularly liked about Voyager, was it's similarity ot the original Star Trek. Each one had a powerful, take no prisoners captain, a Vulcan to moderate situations, and a high nosed doctor for drama and comic relief. Both Star Trek and Voyager traveled through a space that didn't really want them there, crewed by an eccentric bunch that always kept faith in the future.

Like it or not, Voyager is a legitimate part of the Star Trek universe.

As to crossovers, DS9 had many episodes featuring past members of TNG, and even took on a certain surly KLingon exec officer. Voyager occasionally guested a member of TNG.

I hope the new ST series doesn't bomb, like the latest movies. :(

Im just curious about most ST Forums talking about like Voyager has the most illogical errors ( mostly refers to shuttles and such...) still i think its what ST is all about...maybe more than any other series...I mean a Ship,lost in the Delta Quadrant Far away from home.To explore and discover new life and space...where no men has gone before and such....still people hate it.And there some who think DS9 is the best trek series....really? character development and such....fuck that ! boring until season 6....as i mentioned before...just want to say.I love Star Trek ( Braga/Berman/Ryan ) and every series hath its moments.... ( except JJ....) Just hate to see whenever i log into a ST Forum like : " Why Voyager sucks...." mostly refer to german ST Forums...

There will always be people who are unhappy with any Star Trek series except the original, but to be fair, the original ST had it's stinkbomb moments, just like all the others.

Some examples:

The Omega Glory - A renegade Starfleet captain lures Kirk and crew into a war between the Yangs and Khoms. Kirk saves everybody by reciting the American Pledge of Allegiance.

The Way to Eden - Hippies hijack the Enterprise, and burn (and poison) themselves to death on a hostile planet in Romulan space.

And does anyone really want to remember the classic... Spock's Brain? Brilliant dialog, like, "Brain and brain, what is brain?" Zombie Spock being manipulated by earmuffs. :wtf:

The mind boggles. :megane_unsee:

There will always be people who are unhappy with any Star Trek series except the original, but to be fair, the original ST had it's stinkbomb moments, just like all the others.

Some examples:

The Omega Glory - A renegade Starfleet captain lures Kirk and crew into a war between the Yangs and Khoms. Kirk saves everybody by reciting the American Pledge of Allegiance.

The Way to Eden - Hippies hijack the Enterprise, and burn (and poison) themselves to death on a hostile planet in Romulan space.

And does anyone really want to remember the classic... Spock's Brain? Brilliant dialog, like, "Brain and brain, what is brain?" Zombie Spock being manipulated by earmuffs. :wtf:

The mind boggles. :megane_unsee:

You are right....and from her on it should be said : TOS : Forever..Legends ! Forever THE Crew to be Jim Kirk,Scotty,Bones,Spock,Uhura,Chekov,Sulu.........

next weekend Kabel 1 is to show all Star Trek Movies ( 1 - 10 ) + watching DS9 and Enterprise 4th Season.Can´ wait´t....

Even though I like TNG the best, I don't believe it is the best Trek show. The reason I like TNG is best is 2 reasons. #1 , it's the series that first introduced me to Star Trek, and #2 I feel it has the best characters, Picard, Data, Riker etc...

I think both DS9, and Voyager are better "shows" in terms or writing, direction, storyline etc... but for me, I will always like TNG the best, even if it wasn't necessarily the best Trek show. All about the characters.

As for Enterprise I stopped watching that after they went to a alternate reality with Nazis, and aliens and all that. For me that's the bottom of the barrel for sci-fi so I abandoned ship after that.

Even though I like TNG the best, I don't believe it is the best Trek show. The reason I like TNG is best is 2 reasons. #1 , it's the series that first introduced me to Star Trek, and #2 I feel it has the best characters, Picard, Data, Riker etc...

I think both DS9, and Voyager are better "shows" in terms or writing, direction, storyline etc... but for me, I will always like TNG the best, even if it wasn't necessarily the best Trek show. All about the characters.

As for Enterprise I stopped watching that after they went to a alternate reality with Nazis, and aliens and all that. For me that's the bottom of the barrel for sci-fi so I abandoned ship after that.

Same here for Voyager...the Show that introduced me to Star Trek...closely followed by Enterprise ( which was crap until Season 4...TNG was Cool as i watched it from Season 5 on first,Nice Visuals,Story,Chara Dev and such...same goes for DS9...Until Sisko was Captain,Dominion Wars,Defiant....Movies were awesome.First Contact being the best one...

For me, it was TNG I started with. Back then I was still a kid and it was showing (probably) just before Sunday school when the van would come pick me up. It became to me what Cantonese period shows were in the evenings: a regular fixture.

I missed DS9 a lot (think I could only recall one or two episodes at best, unless I'm hallucinating that I saw any in the first place), and only understood about some of that series' characters through the novelizations of TNG and Voyager stories where they crossed each other (like alternate reality Intendant Kira in the Dark Mirror universe, or Dr. Bashir in recent years); ditto for TOS characters (starting with Scotty in that Dyson sphere story, Kirk in his "hiding away from the present" stories, and Spock with the reunification on Romulus arcs). Voyager replaced TNG later, but I skipped Enterprise entirely (not that I actively avoided it, just that I didn't find any reason somehow to go pick it up).

Picard's definitely my favorite (me sharing something with Patrick Stewart was a bonus), though the one captain I've modeled after most recently in a game was Janeway; in the Mass Effect trilogy I've always played a Paragon Femshep, with the effect that those bonding moments with Normandy's crew came out feeling like the way Janeway would've done them in Voyager. Looking back, the way the crew reacted to Shepard's death at the start of ME2 was somewhat like how Voyager's surviving crew reacted when Admiral Janeway herself died; both were hugely important to their respective crews for more than just professional reasons, and losing them was a major blow.

...now I suddenly feel like signing up for another tour of duty on the Normandy. :fag:

Last edited:
The 4th ( and last ) Season of Enterprise was great....Wish they´ve made more episodes as the Series wasn´t that bad until Season 4...An Enterprise Movie with Captain Archer would be great.At this time the Franchise was Dead and Paramount let JJ make the first Movie....TNG is Overrated.Sir Patrick Stewart is a great Actor but the Series was boring until Season 4...The TNG Movies were so great.The First Contact, Insurrection and Nemesis were great.I wish they´ve made a DS9 Movie....I don´t like the series but the Series was great after Sisko was Captain,Dominion wars,Defiant events...A Dominion Wars Movie would be great...Anyway.Voyager is themost Underrated Series.Always being attacked for some ilogical errors and bad Story while beeing one of the best Series with the Roddenberry premise : A ship,far away from home,to explore new worlds....bla bla.The Fans never gave the Show a Chance...A Voyager Movie would be great.But Trek was dead already in the early 2000...Some great Fanfic´s kept the Universe alive for some time...now Trek is dead.And JJ proved that The Universe we loved is Dead for sure.Forever....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01165403 RJ01165876 RJ01166085 RJ01167465 RJ01168773 RJ01169912 in mexa ? thx
marcusfinly wrote on gengariscool's profile.
Thanks once again for all of the great posts
walls. wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Would it be possible to upload?
RJ386792
RJ433328
RJ140657
RJ181779