Star Trek VS Star Wars

Star Trek VS Star Wars, which is better?

• Star Trek

Votes: 50 45.0%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 61 55.0%

• Total voters
I'll see you your STTNG Night Crew, and raise you Darth Vader going Gangam Style! :laughpanda:

For me, it was TNG I started with. Back then I was still a kid and it was showing (probably) just before Sunday school when the van would come pick me up. It became to me what Cantonese period shows were in the evenings: a regular fixture.

I missed DS9 a lot (think I could only recall one or two episodes at best, unless I'm hallucinating that I saw any in the first place), and only understood about some of that series' characters through the novelizations of TNG and Voyager stories where they crossed each other (like alternate reality Intendant Kira in the Dark Mirror universe, or Dr. Bashir in recent years); ditto for TOS characters (starting with Scotty in that Dyson sphere story, Kirk in his "hiding away from the present" stories, and Spock with the reunification on Romulus arcs). Voyager replaced TNG later, but I skipped Enterprise entirely (not that I actively avoided it, just that I didn't find any reason somehow to go pick it up).

Picard's definitely my favorite (me sharing something with Patrick Stewart was a bonus), though the one captain I've modeled after most recently in a game was Janeway; in the Mass Effect trilogy I've always played a Paragon Femshep, with the effect that those bonding moments with Normandy's crew came out feeling like the way Janeway would've done them in Voyager. Looking back, the way the crew reacted to Shepard's death at the start of ME2 was somewhat like how Voyager's surviving crew reacted when Admiral Janeway herself died; both were hugely important to their respective crews for more than just professional reasons, and losing them was a major blow.

...now I suddenly feel like signing up for another tour of duty on the Normandy. :fag:

Same with me. I started with TNG as well, which is why it will always be my favorite. Plus they had the best characters. No comparison.

You should watch DS9. Was a great show. I loved the Alpha Quadrant teaming up to defeat the Dominion. Felt like watching Mass Effect 3 lol. Miles O'Brien Was a regular in DS9 from episode 1. Worf joined the beginning of Season 4, and became a regular on the show after that as well.

Enterprise wasn't that great. The characters were terrible as well, you didn't miss much skipping that one.

I also love playing Mass Effect as well, has the whole Star Trek feel to it. I never really got into Dragon Age though, I've tried, but for whatever reason I just can't seem to care about playing that series. I always play a bit then never touch it again.

Enterprise Season 4 is awesome....DS9 until Season 4 is.....mentioned my opinion before.Mass Effect is Bioware´s Magnum Opus.Wish they had focused more on ME 3 as it was like WTF ? this is it ? Although there were some nice ME Books with some recent background info and explaining some things you were not into while playin the games...Ive even bought ME Comics but these were shit...? .....btw.STephen Kings Dark Tower confirmed to be taken to the Big Screen...Idris Elba as The Kickass Gunslinger Roland...Just sayin ( maybe hope for being redirected to a Dark Tower/King Forum....) or forced to be the first to post in such....

[MENTION=35259]Leggy[/MENTION]; When will they understand, I want Star Trek NOT Star Wars!!!!

Happy 50th anniversary Star Trek!

In the end, Star Wars is a great Sci-fi (medieval style) story who I love, but Star Trek is our struggle to become more...

Seriously...! Fifty years of dreaming for a better humanity; of what WE could become... What can top THAT!!

Reactions: KensaiAkamei
In the end, Star Wars is a great Sci-fi (medieval style) story who I love, but Star Trek is our struggle to become more...

Seriously...! Fifty years of dreaming for a better humanity; of what WE could become... What can top THAT!!

Yep, one of the reasons I like Star Trek better then Star Wars as well.

Ooohhhh, BBCAmerica is marathoning ST TOS episodes!

The Jack the Ripper episode just aired. Now, The Trouble With Tribbles is just starting!

:akazukin_yahoo:

Edit: The marathon continues. Just finished Amok Time, now starting Mirror, Mirror.

Anyone who hasn't seen TOS in a while, should be watching! :)

Last edited:
There is no better,for me at least i like both...as media though trek does better...real trek not abrams-verse,TREK has better in depth story,obviously because as a tv show it has plenty of time to flesh out,best trek series? i'd say ds9 it has an ongoing storyline not from the get go but maybe starting in s2,this ongoing story draws you in and makes it more of a saga as the story continues and is less episodic

for sw the games(kotor) and novels were quite a bit better than any of the movies and luke was the typical weak hero...kinda like Harry Potter(what would he have done without Hermione), also don't like the direction star wars took by killing off the whole expanded universe just so the old cast could ham it up again

....the loss of all that universe enrichment just to retain the original actors is not worth it,not to me and i feel that this new universe starting with ep 7 is an alternate one i won't accept the whole loss of the EU...it did keep SW going when it was becoming forgotten...anyway that's what i feel about SW

Reactions: KensaiAkamei
^____________^______________^
HOLY CRAP, SOMEONE MADE THIS TOPIC???!!!.....

Extremely well said 11Z11. I am inclined to agree. Not to mention that Star Trek has been around longer with more media so that in itself might have more of an advantage. I do love both as well. Star Trek as been delivering it's mash up of Shows since the 60s and several movies as well with countless novels. Star Wars came out in late 70s has produced several films with one weird one (ep7) several shows and countless novels with video games based on those as well.

To me at least the science is better defined through Star Trek so it makes it more believable and it is usually explained to be something that could be real. Star Wars is does have some great tech and science but it is more fantasy based than Star Trek. Here is the thing, that is what makes it great. That is it is a bit out there with the fantasy type.

I was pretty sad to see that Star Wars EU was thrown out of "canon" but for a lot of us it still plays. Cool thing is that some of that EU has and are still being sort of re-introduced through some new graphic novels and shows like Rebels with the introduction of Grand Admiral Thrawn in season 3. Funny and sad thing is that the same person to rebirth the Trek-verse in the cinematic grand scheme is the same person to bring us the main line of Star Wars. Lots of pros and cons with this action, I understanding the reasoning but disagree with decent amount of the aspects of the core ideals behind it.

With that being said, if you can get passed of the idea of what something is suppose to be like or it was, you can find yourself watching something entertaining purely as some artist's interpretation of something old to new. So I find myself looking forward past to the beyond to hopefully see something great coming out of the darkness.

Don't get assimilated and embrace the dark side to conquer it.

I like both but I'll give the edge to Trek for a couple of reasons. The first is that I've been a fan of SF for a long time and Trek is definitely SF while SW is arguably not because of its fantasy elements. The second is that because most of Trek is defined by the TV shows while SW is defined by the movies, there's simply more Trek to choose from. I realize I'm ignoring TV shows for one, movies for another as well as books and comic books for both but the core stories are in TV for one and movies for the other. So you have hundreds of episodes to choose from versus seven movies. I'm not arguing that any one Trek episode is better than Return of the Jedi but if for whatever reason you don't like RotJ you only have six other movies to choose from.

Would have to give this one to the Borg just from sheer number

Hold on now, you can't just discredit force wielders. Sure the borg would have the numbers but there have been some extremely powerful Jedi/Sith/Force Wielding Warriors in the history of SW. So I wouldn't give it to the borg right away.

Last edited:
Reactions: dnceridderterre

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01165403 RJ01165876 RJ01166085 RJ01167465 RJ01168773 RJ01169912 in mexa ? thx
marcusfinly wrote on gengariscool's profile.
Thanks once again for all of the great posts
walls. wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Would it be possible to upload?
RJ386792
RJ433328
RJ140657
RJ181779