[LPW #94] Since I couldn't think of a LPW Theme, I went with Final Fantasy since I am currently playing Final Fantasy X HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, who am I to talk. Only started using Linux yesterday.

Ubuntu booted up into a black screen. It took me a few hours of research and trying shit out to realize all I had to do was to increase the screen brightness oh the shame :foreveralone:

Screen Brightness? :laughpanda: that's hilarious!

Here it was a failure in the booting manager... I'm using for my SSD with Win7 the truecrypt loader (security is always first priority here) and I got an older version of Windows 7 (from last PC, just moved with the old HDD as a grave now). So the "new" BIOS called UEFI (newer motherboards got them, cool) and there is a major problem between ubuntu, windows and truecrypt... So I got 2 booting options but no one for my ubuntu... reinstalled 13.04 after 13.10... both corrupted I thought... Easiest way: booting live version of ubuntu via DVD => repair the booting problem => done. And I've sat 4-5 hours here installing... I'm a bit pissed because I lost much time for watching anime (last illness day today). Sometimes the problems got the easiest ways of solving like in our both cases

Btw, how do you get boot-repair running? I have yet to get Windows booting from the Ubuntu boot menu, I'm spamming the F12 button on system startup to choose what to boot

Hmm... problems... =w= /me tries to finish hw before tonight... =w=
Wants to sleep.... =w=

Btw, how do you get boot-repair running? I have yet to get Windows booting from the Ubuntu boot menu, I'm spamming the F12 button on system startup to choose what to boot

What do you want to repair? There are several problems which you can solve... In my case via terminal...

I'm trying to get Windows bootable from GRUB, Ubuntu's boot menu.

Right now I have to manually select the partition from which to boot from.
What I want to happen is the Ubuntu partition is automatically booted, then from its boot manager I can choose to boot Windows.
The option to shows up for me but I get an error when I try to select it.

I should do my job and tell you guys that all images used should be kept below 500kb guys. 501 KB is still breaking the rulez =w=

Hello unown.

I can't help but think that I've seen the girl in your sig somewhere before. Is she from a VN?

Hmm sounds weird to me... Didn't think that you can boot from the boot loader windows and otherwise neither... So you'll have to chose manually I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

svs wrote on Esan's profile.
Can u reload this link mesa ?
Haramase Taiken Gakushuu ~Shizen no Naka de Seikyouiku!?~
Djlolker wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi,Nihonjaki90.
Could you reup this https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/231014-しんでられ城-アームズブレス2.1410042/
Thank u so much!
huydgd wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Dear Nihonjaki90. Could you please reup this, take your time. Thank you very much!
huydgd wrote on Kurokaze's profile.
Hi Kurokaze. Could you please reup [160428][5pb.] CHAOS;CHILD + Crack this one, I will be patent. Thank you very much!